"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

Congrats on your hard work paying off. I am glad to hear that psychotherapy has been helpful to you.

Knowing what you know 9 months later, what do you think should be the key focus for an industry trying to help others in similar situations?

Thanks, Captain. I’m no role model for anyone, just lucky at ridding myself of some toxic addictions. I’m still an addict by nature and am still mentally ill. About the depression, meds and good counseling can help, but cannot totally erase the deleterious effects of genetics and society. About the addictions, I thought long and hard about how I would like to live the last years of my life. I’m 74. I could not have given up these addictions at 50.

I did drug counseling for a few years. It’s tough work watching people fail so often. I learned to measure success not by lack of relapses in my clients but instead in how long they stayed clean. And also that even if many fail to stay clean this time that they can remember what they learned and try again.

Earlier detection and prevention of full blown, untreated mental illness by way of offering healthier alternatives earlier in life. Many people with mental illness self-medicate with all sorts addictions to “stabilize” themselves, but once you live an unbalanced life for so long, do you even understand what moderation is any more?

I really can’t diagnose any pressing mental issue in you, Ierrellus…

I’m sure he understands moderation, Wendy darling…

(but moderation works only for some things like weed, i’d not go anywhere near tobacco even in a moderated way)…

Lose not hope. You may be old, but i think what has been wronged, can be repaired to a remarkable extent… now even the mainstreamers are accepting what some of us have been saying here…

theguardian.com/science/201 … ggests-thc

Generally , it may be safe to say that most mentAl illnesses, have their roots in early development , and cognitive dissidents is at the root. Onset usually is at adolescence or the next stage-young adulthood because reality becomes manifest as an autonomy.

Very early childhood mentAl illness is the outcome of the insucessful resolution of basic trust

So it’s all psychosomatic? [-(

Generally speaking it is safe to say that psychosomatic caused illness outweighs genetic burden.

Not as a sole contributing factor, nope. You be wrong. Intense emotional issues simply exacerbate the genetic baseline’s deficiencies spotlighting those deficiencies earlier in perceptive children who do recognize the dishonest nature of adult interactions with them.<—in a nutshell. :evilfun:

Anand wrote

Actually I was trying to answer the Captain’s question. Also, I meant moderation by means of internal self-regulation rather than external behaviors.

Not so. My mother attempted suicide when I was ten. When I was 21 I tried it for myself.

Tried once, but I cant say it was a full on attempt…

Watched my mom try when I was young too, really young. I don’t know if there ever will be a cure or method to alleviate mental illness

My youngest son attempted suicide and succeeded
I have been very depressed since then, but could not think of taking my life.

Why? Because I have others to care for, and also consider the sanctity of life.

And lastly, because my dread of death still can be overcome by the first 2 above.

I wrote something today, just for you guys… then I cut the text from here and inserted it into my website, link below:

djedefsauron.net/index.php?o … Itemid=125

So, as I was saying there:
Time for the “analysts” to explore nonlinear writings like mine, and drop their “statistical” “proofs” of recycled, uninspired, and frankly ludicrous theories… and their coffee/tobacco/alcohol…
(feel free to pick up a pure weed joint*, though)…

• Wendy darling, what do they think of weed in Hades (I’ve been fascinated by Hades for a while)?

Importantly…
I’d love it if you all take this test …

16personalities.com/free-personality-test

And post your results…
I’m a “diplomat”, by the way…
I’m an exception here, most people who hang out in online forums are “analysts” addicted to debate for its own sake… i for one mostly dislike debating, i’m a serial monologuist who visits because I have something unique, important to say…

16personalities.com/profiles/ed25486625b3e

Looks like I am an Analyst, according to that test.

Nice… I too am a diplomat, mediator.

(Just noticed…
Your hands are tied, Wendy darling??)

All 16 types are likeable when you understand them and why they evolved so.
Even Analysts are likeable to me, though that requires a bit more effort from my side.

Though at times I feel more like “diplomat, Advocate” or “diplomat, Protagonist”…

Ultimately, it’s my destiny to be a Protagonist…

btw, I found an epic poem:

youtube.com/watch?v=plgg9sSLRvQ

but I could have written better lyrics… this makes him seem like too much of a tyrant! I love the concept of Ra… en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

in particular, see:
“I am the New World Order to come, I am the first* and the last**”

• [RISING SUN or white SUN]
    ** [SETTING SUN or black SUN]

Well, of course, an Italian Triarii Elite (King of Heaven and Earth) will be expected to sing that…

But I like more the concept of supercharged-Ra, that is, THIRD SUN [SUN OF THE SKY], the first [Sia] and the last [Hu] being merely the 2 main pillars that support Ra…

The King of Heaven, Earth, and Hell…

That is the truest form of Ra… not just Emperor and demigod, but a God on earth, a consummated philosopher-king…

16personalities.com/profiles/0a4c160d6e10e

MagsJ, regardless of any test results, you are very far from anything associated with “architect”.

Anand,

Your writing style…nice. You I get, but the analytical will bring their wrath upon you for your flagrant indulgences in light-heartedness light of their rigmarole of hard evidence.

Am I the only one to find that “unsettling?” Must be a guy thing.

Heartstrings are binding.