Nobody is anti-violence

Maybe. Perhaps it’s possible to sustain yourself purely on liquids. Either way you need to consume energy in some form in order to survive.

What? Ec, bro, you’re batshit crazy.

The way the world actually works is described in your sig and considered a problem to be solved “The biggest problem in life… That more than one person wants the same thing!”

Yep, more than one person want the same thing (as I noted in this thread), aka the thing in question is scarce, so organisms compete for it. That’s the inherently violent nature of reality I’m speaking of.

You’re being too rational, and in being too rational, glorifying violence. You’re trying to make excuses where they need not be made. There are consequences for that.

You say, “well maybe they can live off liquids”

No there are people who need no food or liquids to survive on this earth.

How do they do it??

I don’t know

Imagination.

If you can think of something, it’s basically happening in the universe, maybe not to you, but to someone, and you sound very jealous to the point of getting angry, and then you try to glorify your anger.

Well I’m thinking that you’re crazy.

I’ll let a crazy person judge you …

Just so you can feel and understand what that’s like…

Maybe that homeless woman in your neighborhood!

That would actually be funny

That really begs the question, doesn’t it? You live (like an animal that you see yourself to be) in order to survive - survive for what? Survive to survive?

I’m really tempted to come to a conclusion that I would rather live a short life and die as a human being than live a long life as an animal. Maybe, just maybe, this is what it means to be a human. Everything else in nature is just a continuation of the same story. And maybe those heroic and ‘noble’ figures can have an inscription on their tombstones saying “I’ve lived like nature had intended me to live, just like another animal. Because this is what I was born to be. And this is all that I was, and I was good at it.”
And existence will go on.

Once again, whether you like it or not, all humans (which includes you) are animals. It’s just biology. Can’t escape reality. The other question has nothing to do with the thread at all.

You would also die as an animal if you lived a life as a human being as that is what we are
You might not think of yourself as an animal but this is incidental to the fact of being one
Am surprised you are having difficulty in understanding this Pandora as this is elementary

Autsider believes that self survival paramount at all costs. Would you do anything to survive?

If you want to discuss that, make a topic and if I’m interested I’ll come. As for this thread, please stay on topic.

Claws are wonderful things to have.
Discerning when and when not to use those claws can be very effective when it comes to what benefits mankind. lol
Claws can also be quite the fun thing to have - except from the owners’ point of view - of the domesticated cat.

Humans have many traits animals don’t. There is a significant difference between the two. You can redefine the concept of animal to be all-inclusive, sure, but that doesn’t make the difference go away. It merely shifts it. Instead of talking about “humans vs animals” we now talk about “one type of animal vs another type of animal”.

I sympathize with the anti-animal and anti-darwinism stance. However, I don’t think that entails being anti-violence.

What are the categorical distinctions in types of violence? Offensive…to destroy. Defensive…to protect. Non-directional, reactionary violence.

Autsider, why do you keep posting the same thread? And why do you run away from anyone who refuses to confirm your biases?

^ #menopausal-mom-without-grandchildren-posting

That’s silly.

I’ll give an example with animals, since remember, this applies not only to humans, but to all living organisms. Say a starved group of wolves and a starved bear find a deer cadaver. There is only enough meat on it for either the wolves, or the bear. If the former eat and survive, the latter dies, and if the latter eats and survives, the former die. What would you consider offensive, defensive, or non-directional behavior in this case by the bear and wolves?

Say the bear reaches the cadaver first and takes it for himself, attacking any wolf which tries to take it away from him… I assume you’d say he is being defensive, while the wolves are being offensive, no?

Well first of all, is there something “wrong” in being offensive as opposed to defensive? Are both parties not trying to survive, offense/defense merely being different methods of accomplishing this goal? Is there some magical reason why if the bear reaches the cadaver first the wolves have to give it to him?

In reality, there is no such thing as “defense” in the sense you’re using it in the first place, since by occupying space and consuming energy other organisms could consume, one is already being offensive.

Still nothing, huh?

No, the examples, the minutiae, given to cover your stance was silly.

So is this you being offensive, defensive, or reactionary?

I see you’ve adopted the… “arguing tactics” of Mr R. Good call.

Your categorization is lame and you’d only be making a fool of yourself if you continued to argue.

If you can categorize intents regarding violence better, have at it. I asked for help in that dept.