alpha chicks and beta chicks

Someone search for “Caleb Brantley”. A woman struck him at a bar. He struck her back. She told the police up on questioning that she his him because he disrespected her. Witnesses on the scene confirmed she hit him first. They let him go. Then they found 2 people who say he was the aggressor later on, and are attempting to prosecute him now. He’s set to enter the NFL draft. So the bad publicity on its own has already cost him substantial financial gains. The woman said she hit him first. Should be be able to sue her for lost wages given that her assault upon him and his act of self defense will decrease his draft stock?

Why didn’t they arrest her the minute she admiited to her crime? Why did they continue investigating him in spite of the woman’s confession that she was the one who assaulted him?

Isn’t the verbal attack the assault and the physical attack the battery? Sounded like he assaulted her first. What did he say to her?

If you’re right, then they should both be arrested. Right?

Also, the assault/battery distinction is only in some jurisdictions. And I think everyone should agree that hurting someone’s feelings isn’t equivalent to hitting them.

If he did not threaten her, she should be arrested too. They didn’t mention him having any injuries so I assume she slapped him with her open palm and not a beer bottle. Based on the severity of her injuries, his sentence should reflect that severity.

There are some women who can coldcock a person similar to a man. Usually the women don’t have the repetitive speed though to ensure a knock out. Martial artists would have more stamina, but most street fighters rely on their first punch to end a conflict quickly unless they have major anger issues, then they have to be dragged off of the person who they’ve already beaten unconscious.

So you think that laws relating to assault should discriminate between men and women?

What do you mean by discriminate?

Whose sock puppet am I supposed to be and WHY would you believe that?

I dunno man.

I was on the site from 2014 which is more than 3 years now, I have almost 3k posts and my views changed a lot since when I first came here… that sounds like a sockpuppet to you?

Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

Mr.,

There are some built-in discriminational factors in some US jurisdictions concerning excessive force often reserved for those persons who possess lethal weapon capabilities (black belts, professional fighters), but in most cases, reasonable force is the basis of prosecution in battery cases. Since Modern folks exhibit a lack of better judgement and self-restraint (throw into the mix, alcoholic beverages or other drugs), maybe discrimination does need to occur not only between the sexes, but also to protect the elderly. Mr. Brantley chose to punch rather than slap the girl back by doing so his use of force crossed from reasonable to excessive. Caleb wasn’t fighting for his life.

Kind of a stretch don’t ya think?

Caleb has no defense for his show of force. It would be a stretch to defend Caleb.

Self defense? That’s a pretty widely accepted defense. You’re making the argument that a woman can hit a man, and that at best, if he returns a blow in self defense, that he should remain cognizant enough while under attack to be careful not to hit her back too hard.

Where does the woman’s responsibility kick in? At what point is a person who’s being assaulted able to claim duress resulting in an inability to remain so cognizant?

Plus you don’t have to hit someone very hard to knock them out. You just have to hit them just right. If someone starts hitting me, I assume they want to fight. I don’t want to fight, so I would try and end it quickly. I wouldn’t think that I would have any duty of care toward a person who is hitting me.

If somebody hits you there is a low possibility, but still a possibility that you fall and hit your head the wrong way, which could kill you. Another possibility is that the person attacking you wants to kill you.

It is absurd to me that you should go easy on somebody who 1) might be trying to kill you and 2) whether they intend to kill you or not, they are assaulting you without your consent and their actions COULD result in you dying.

So, he wasn’t slapped but pushed? The story keeps morphing. Brantley knew her, he doesn’t know her. If they had a romantic history, that puts another spin on it. He pushed her or he punched her? Now the original police report is in contention as falsified? What a mess. Both should be arrested.