Know Thyself

I don’t see how it’s irrelevant, even hermits concern themselves with such matters. It is the status of the species that has propogated this planet.

Irrelevant? To what?

I never made a claim it was irrelevant… . I said I wasn’t interested in gender relations or perceptions. Not to say I’m not aware of them though. Just, not interested.

What are you interested in?

Realism, epistemology, theology, morality, logic, science (pretty much all sciences and the philosophy of all sciences - this includes so yes that includes anthropology, but not every nook and cranny of it of course. Humanism, wall street and stock trading. Economics. Perception, literature, history…

There are quite a few people today, who drip feed the truth or lies and it is exhausting trying to decipher what is real and what is not. More often than not, truth hurts. To deceive is to manipulate and people cannot move forward on lies. If you ask a person to tell you the truth, you take their answer as being the truth, you place faith in their answer and in a way this is naive but a necessary part of the exchange. Most people insist of being told the truth. I know few who would welcome a lie for themselves, a person is entitled to the truth. Truth is huge, not dirty, but is truth always the best choice of action?

Mark Twain argues lying is universal.

You forge the truth synapses at an early age.

Truth gives you a special feeling, the Eureka(™) feeling.

To find if something is true, you must examine it at it’s opposite, and at it’s neutral.

Then, you find which is more true. That which is what you feel when it is true, or what you feel when you it is false?

I judge the matter in order to make up my mind, but my thinking it true does not make it true. What I must do is distinguish a truth claim and truth. I have to compare what I see with the practical judgment that I make. Verification and truth coexist, as in verification, usually one finds things they did not expect, as in truth, it is often stranger than fiction. It is an intellectual thing, not a feeling thing, involving analysis and comparison, not a mere immersion back into a non intellectual feeling decision, which is something I could not readily accept.

Thoughts are but feelings.

When you see 2+2=4, what do you see?

Some shapes, runes, 2 and 2, entering the vagina, the = rune, and becoming a 4.

Then you feel an emotion, and you remember old memories of apples and oranges, old childhood discussions, and you feel that 2+2=4.

If not these memories, similar memories. 2+2=4 is not an absolute truth, that is, it only a truth apparent to the learned. But not learned of schools, for even the young ape can experiment, play amongst blocks, and develop a feeling of 2+2=4 being truth, that is, a pattern that consistently appears whenever conjured.

I wouldn’t say thoughts are feelings, I would say thoughts and feelings are ever present and affect each other.

Emotions are fear-based and they are impulse-driven. Peoples’ belief systems contain inconsistencies, analyses based on dubious assumptions and intentional misrepresentations, hence deceiving themselves. Most people do not know the difference between a “thought” and an “emotion” and by confusing the two, they make decisions based on emotions even if those decisions require one to interfere with the facts.

@ WW_III_ANGRY

I read the first chapter of your book.

It gave me an inkling into what absolute terror one endures when living with an illness.

I receive the book in June and look forward to reading Chapter 2 and onwards.

Thank you! Very much appreciated. When I was learning about mental illness during high school I wondered what exactly it was like, it was something I couldn’t comprehend fully. I was unable to vicariously perceive what exactly its like to have schizophrenia, little did I know I would find out soon enough. That is one of the reasons I wrote it, I never heard someones account in detail of what exactly happens, and my goal was to provide that.

Hope you like it, I hope its a quick read, as they tell me.

I will let you know when I read all of it.

So far…excellent!

How does one get schizophrenia after adulthood? Fall into a vat of botox much?

I did not have schizophrenia I was diagnosed with schizo affective disorder, psychosis and bipolar II, which began at 19, 20 ish
However:
“Men tend to get develop schizophrenia slightly earlier than women; whereas most males become ill between 16 and 25 years old, most females develop symptoms several years later, and the incidence in women is noticably higher in women after age 30. The average age of onset is 18 in men and 25 in women.”

google.com/search?q=schizph … enia+onset

Just for the sake of it how do you register at this forum, anyone know?

Snail mail the membership application package to:
PO Box 1,
Mount Olympus Way, Greece 666.

These folks are old school. Just fill out the 16 page application, submit your current Dna sample, and three published philosophy essays of 1000 words or more.

Regarding the Dna test, if you are not of the highest quality of European descent (blonde hair, blue/green eyes), your membership application will get mysteriously lost in the mail.

You’re joking? Just click the link in the OP or in my signature and then click the big button saying REGISTER.

And here I thought jerkey was some kind of sublime genius. Fancy words can be misleading.

Tnx may look into it regardless, preview of coming attractions-I am almost that sure, not with standing.