Fear

Since time immemorial … in various spheres of human life … one can observe the use of “fear” as a tool. The most popular being the fear of hell in world religions.

The message is usually … “Do as I say … not as I do”.

Implementing the above strategy has almost always required the use of force or the “fear” of the use of force … the magnitude of force being directly proportional to the magnitude of the “menace”.

One might argue that this age old and proven strategy has diminished in effectiveness in recent decades.

Perhaps the tipping point was in 1933 … when a few words from Franklin D Roosevelt entered human consciousness:

[b]

[/b]

Reading the news these days gives one the feeling this dinosaur … “fear” … is trying to make a come back.

Yes, because the separation from God isn’t enough, eternal damnation with graphic torture should shake the audience into order, especially with the sickly insane as earthly representations of God’s justice and harshness, such as ISIS…the behavior alone is enough to shock people into conversion…Don’t you see an increasing number of white women wearing Hijabs…

Fear is a natural response, not necessarily negative, it’s apart the defense system. It allows you to anticipate danger and respond to it. If a lion is running full charge at you, having no fear keeps you unresponsive and passive awaiting destruction, having too much fear leaves you crippled often resulting in the same destruction. A certain level of fear is required to identify nature and survive within it…

Regarding the quote…

perhaps a better way of saying it would be, all we have to do is be aware of how ideas can invoke particular human emotions then assess the motive behind the idea in respect to the targeted emotion.

Is it possible … with repetition over time … a significant community of people become immune to the grotesque human treatment of other humans … and perhaps at some point a chunk of humanity starts to crave it? Don’t the popular video games, hollywood movies and TV reinforce this psychological phenomenon? Reminds me of the popularity of the Roman circus … people flocked to the circus for one reason … to see human blood spilled.

excellent point

I understand the intellectual process you propose … some people are certainly capable of such reasoning.

OTH … recent research … GCP at Princeton … suggests a significant chunk of humanity responds much like a school of fish … complete absence of individual reasoning/decision making.

I’ve been thinking about the mathematical relationship between the magnitude of force … or the magnitude of the threat of force … and the magnitude of the threat.

Unquestionably the magnitude of the “threat of force” has ratcheted up significantly on the global scene recently.

Why? What is the perceived menace?

Yes.

Often, in some countries, there is no need for a community of people to become immune to such treatment as they have been raised among such behavior. Immunity isn’t necessary as they haven’t been exposed to alternative circumstances, it is normalized in the sense that it is a given,naturally… culturally, the “grotesque” behavior is justified as a measurement of the crime committed, especially among the “eye for an eye” culture, the seriousness of the law being determined by the harshness of the punishment…

This is why migrants from specific countries find it near impossible to integrate into western societies and will naturally seek to make such environments similar to their own…

Personally, i think such behavior transcends law/culture/society etc, and it resides in the carnal nature of man in relation its primal self. promotion of such material that reinforces it provides a safe outlet to regulate natural cravings into law biding conformity, especially in humanistic secular environments. So law, culture etc becomes an expression of it, the same way feminism is a natural expression of women’s behavior not the cause of it… so women are no longer regulated directly, but the construct of feminism is regulated by women, the overseers then regulate women through feminism using it as a tool, specifically a suppressant of male energies, especially of the carnal kind, using social positional status in relational to sexuality…

I also think, given the right circumstance and pressure, every man is a killer, even if it is not consciously known to himself. When war breaks out and a great threat is presented to you, then you might be surprised by what you are capable of doing…

In the business world the customer is always right, they are always right because you are dealing with emotional beings first and then perhaps rational, arguing with emotion when the objective is to get paid is not a good way to go about trying to negotiate a transaction, the customer is always right because your business’s reputation is at risk… it would be foolish to think all living beings who are walking around outside have a particular conscious awareness, especially to the degree of rational thought.

Reality is naturally menacing, whether it be a hurricane, a tree falling, a wolf approaching, or more specifically a human being, or a collective of humans with the aim to survive through domination. Humans have always fed on each other in one way or another…it is no surprise that recent conflicts take place around the Iraq and Syria areas… People maintain a cognitive dissonance…One time I heard somebody say something like " if a tree falls in the woods and there no people around to hear it does it still make a sound?"…as if sound itself is contingent upon human hearing…as if only humans have hearing, as if humans determine reality itself… to me, this is a sign of the delusional nature of man struggling to come to terms with a world that is much larger than himself…

Manni … yet another profound post!! … are you truly aware/conscious of your genius? I suspect the answer is a resounding “YES”. :smiley:

The following picture illustrates your above comments.

Questions:

1. Who are the customers?

2. Who is the business?

3. What is asked of the business by the customers?

4. What is the response from the business?

Answers:

1. The people of South Korea.

2. Ba Gua … the Korean equivalent of the Western concept of God. The South Korean (genesis in ancient China) concept of Ba Gua(God) is so entrenched in South Korean culture it is emblazoned on their nation’s flag … see photo below.

3. Mercy … Justice

4. A popular … Western Puppet … “king” is dethroned in the typical Sun Tzu “Art of War” style … ergo: the objective is to win the battle without firing a shot … a strategy that is unthinkable … inconceivable … in the Western Psyche.

South Korea Flag.gif

That happens in the West … you’re just too biased to see it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velvet_Revolution

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarit … rade_union

I have seen this first hand . . .

I can not speak for the east but I see it from afar. As for the west - some people see fear as a vehicle to elevate their social status - I find this is a sign of stupidity and usually I get proven right once I continue to follow the psychological pattern of the individual involved. Those around the said individual are usually only using the said individual to elevate their status - again stupidity. A chunk - well that depends how you define chunk - here I give an example of a smaller chunk than I imagine you are talking about - so I will say this - it starts to become unconscious among individuals the larger the chunk - like an autonomous thing that people just do. Finally people just accept it with fear common to challenge the status quo.

:-k

So how is this done?

By destroying the enemy’s morale, its spiritual and intellectual leadership.

Modern words for it are things like ‘Deconstructionism’.
Or more cleverly liberation of the society.

Undermining the West is a full time job. :smiley:

Tell me about it, but since there are not many places left for retreat you have to push against it.