Rumination

Like every time I see that shit I’m like…“here is a person who expects to be taken as an adult while revering some fucking cartoons.” Idiots.

Some guy in history, I’ve been here for like a decade or so. I’ve seen 100 morons come and go. You are the biggest moron I have ever seen here. Your sense of self worth is so dramatically disproportionate with you abilities as a thinker. Every time you get hostile, you look like a fool. No one likes you, and it isn’t because of your ideas. Its because you are an idiot and an asshole.

I think it’s worse than that, he seems psychotic and delusional, he needs some serious help.

You guys are just jealous. If you keep it up, I might have to share some of my crazies with you just to shut you up.

The word “rumination” generally refers to something similar to worry wherein one pointlessly reviews a thought or situation over and over even though nothing could be done about it, perhaps something in the past. So it is different than merely “thinking deeply”. It is specifically about thinking pointlessly and possibly dangerously drawing oneself into morbidity or depression. Other kinds of deep thinking have other words.

ru·mi·na·tion
ˌro͞oməˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: rumination; plural noun: ruminations

a deep or considered thought about something.
"philosophical ruminations about life and humanity"
    the action or process of thinking deeply about something.
    modifier noun: rumination
    "this film stuck out, demanding attention and rumination"
the action of chewing the cud.
"cows slow down their rumination"

There is nothing there that insinuates it being something bad. I almost wonder who among you actually look at definitions or understand context.

con·tem·pla·tion
ˌkän(t)əmˈplāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: contemplation; plural noun: contemplations

the action of looking thoughtfully at something for a long time.
"the road is too busy for leisurely contemplation of the scenery"
synonyms:	viewing, examination, inspection, observation, survey, study, scrutiny
"the contemplation of beautiful objects"
    deep reflective thought.
    "he would retire to his room for study or contemplation"
    synonyms:	thought, reflection, meditation, consideration, rumination, deliberation, reverie, introspection, brown study; More
    formalcogitation, cerebration
    "the monks sat in quiet contemplation"
    the state of being thought about or planned.

And “Nazi” doesn’t necessarily insinuate anything bad either. You might want to wakeup to how words are generally used, not merely how they are pedantically defined. You are discussing issues with typical people, not dictionaries.

Those that believe rumination and contemplation to be bad and negative are minorities and not even minorities that matter. Prove me wrong instead of side-stepping and going back to personal insults, you fucking noob.

How many typical people are there that use the words ruminate and contemplate? Do you have an actual estimate instead of going with the flow of the voices and the audience in your head that’s cheering you on and hiding their giggles and snorts?

Nazi was a term before it became dragged through the mud. The symbol meant something else before it became dirtied by a mixed-blood man leading with intensity beyond a pure blood a mix-blood company that so happen to have been fighting for a pure-blood race that was supposed to have been better than them and yet couldn’t have been because they did not exist in reality? It’s like, question it.

Prove it.

You might want to Google search “Rumination vs Contemplation”.

Why the Hell would I do that?

You want to try to turn a cult into something as big as the fight between ICP and Eminem? It’s intellectual stupidity and I already showed it for what it is. Fuck that.

a “cult”?

And the reason that you might “want to do that” is so as to educate yourself.
Or is it that you already “know it all”? :-"

I’m already educated. I already understand what you’re ‘trying’ to do by giving a bad side to things that are inherently good. I ‘see’ what you’re doing and I don’t care for it. It’s what idiots do to pass the time while others do real work. I don’t have to delve deeply into your idiocy and know every detail of it to see the ‘genius’ you think it is based on others genius ideas. It IS idiocy and I will call it what it is.

Then you should be aware of the well known fact that one must at least give the impression of being actually educated if he expects for people to believe that he is. You seem to have missed that class.

And that is called “paranoia” on your part - the act of presuming a negative concerning who is doing what and for what reason.

We have all merely said that the word “ruminate” refers to the negative aspects and that “contemplate” refers more to the positive. We are NOT the ones casting negativity, but isolating it so that it can be seen more clearly for whatever it is (not conflating it into obscurity where it remains a confusion and temptation). You are the one presuming a negative about the people around you (no doubt a strong source of your issues in life).

Your fear of being the idiot does not constitute idiocy in others.

You might want to “contemplate” on that one (or perhaps “ruminate” in your case).

I have no fear of being the idiot. If you could actually prove me wrong, I would admit to being wrong. Instead, you find so many other things to argue instead of the actuality. So… quit fucking around before I quit being nice about it.

Actually being the idiot is not such a worrisome thing for one of the greatest books ever written by the greatest writers of all time is titled that. So let me start the bandwagon rolling by declaring the Idiot not only a prototype of a hidden form ,the anti hero, but the symbolic inception of existentialism.

I don’t mind saying, conceivably to my credit, that trying to put a positive spin on things is a good thing, overcoming lots of negatives.

Not contemplation, only rumination. From my experience, these are generally psychotherapists and people who visit them. I don’t see what’s the big deal anyway. It’s not like they are saying deep thought is bad.

No, just insinuating. When you understand what being psychotic means, it’s not a bad thing, but if you look at someone labeled as psychotic on paperwork, it sounds like something you don’t want. It’s got ‘psycho’ right in it. Psychotic. Yeah, not something good. It’s taking the word and flipping it over to show the worst aspects and capitalize on that as a negative to knock people down. It’s the same thing they were working on doing with their limited understanding of rumination AND contemplation. All it really takes is to pay attention to the conversation instead of just jumping in to get their back.

At the very least when I, myself, jump into a conversation, I do actually say things pertinent to the original post if not the ongoing conversation. Those that can’t tell the difference… it’s like, it IS still survival of the fittest and those most able to adapt. Don’t you all think it’s time you actually started trying to discern the differences?

Adapting by way of a tedious and long evolutionary changes via intelligent choice making does lead to higher intelligence, which makes such discernment possible.

The faster way is jumping in through an instant recognition of relevance, even before such discernment becomes apparent.

Sure, the animal, by instinct, does that much. But we’re not at this point because the animal won out in terms of just doing things. The animal won out in wanting to know how shit got done, to understand it.

We have gone through it periodically, but have been unable to sustain it. But memory is the culprit, it’s still there except on an archaic level.