Rumination

not entirely true. I could see where it might have come to have that meaning for another walk of life, but for the walk of life I’ve come from, ruminating would be the positive side of dwelling which usually drags people down into negativity and pessimism and fear.

That sounds more like negative obsessive thought, Wendy, like having the inability to detach from something brought on by unresolved fear of some sort. But that could be one answer and you’re correct, fear or some unconscious thing triggering fear could be the basis of that or some physical or chemical unbalance in the brain.

The basis of rumination can be different things depending on who it is who is ruminating and what they are ruminating about. More along positive lines, sometimes one’s imagination can be the basis of rumination. I might look up at the sky and begin to wonder how the universe actually came into existence (which happens with me quite often) and that would cause me to begin to ruminate, to really dive into my thoughts, like a cow chewing on his cud.

I might be sitting in front of the ocean and begin to consider how the world would look (I’ve done this on occasion - I find it to be quite interesting) if all of the Earth’s waters (oceans, rivers, et cetera) were drained and I could walk on the bottom of all of them. Of course, that would be a very difficult task if not impossible. But I’ve wondered and considered what that dry land would actually look like.

So, one’s imagination or sense of wonderment or a subject which hold’s one interested or fascinated popping up in one’s mind can lead one to ruminating/to be the basis of that rumination.

A seed is planted in the brain and sprouts roots…

Some guy in History,

What walk of life is that, if I might ask? You don’t really have to answer though.

Gee, does it get any more positive than that? :evilfun:

If it drags people down into those three things which you listed, what is so positive about that kind of dwelling or ruminating? I grant you that depending on what one is dwelling on, it might but if it is something positive how does one get from the positive to the pessimistic and fearful?

:-k Okay…

Well, I suppose if someone is ruminating about the great love of their life, their journey together, how much they love a particular person, to the point that it begins to create a fear of losing in them, that might bring them down to doom and gloom. But then perhaps all one needs to do is to "ruminate’ lol on how grateful they are for that person, what that person means to them and they might not go into the depth but rise into the heights.
heeheehee

I was born in darkness. I was bred in Hellfire. I had no choice. I had no regular dreams, no bright and shiny fantasies. I never knew what it meant to be anything but a carrier of darkness and contagion and plague that so many did not want. And, to me, that was natural. It never occurred to me to ask for sympathy or to accept pity. Hell, I never knew there could be brighter things before recently.

You all said ruminating was negative and faulty. Paraphrasing. All I did was correct you. Both ruminating and contemplating are good things, but then you’re probably just acting like kids, already know this and are just purposefully being stupid thinking you’re smart. But then, that might be giving you all too much credit, so please excuse me as I begin to treat you like the stupid and ignorant pieces of shit you are or are pretending to be. To me there won’t be any difference even if there is a difference.

What mythological creature do you most associate yourself with?

Point to where I said that it was negative and faulty.

What I did basically do at one point is show an instance where the positive could become the negative.
I have found that ruminating and contemplating ARE good things, vital things.

Is this what comes from your ruminations? Like spitting into the wind.

Changing your posts after the fact doesnt change the fact. This conversation is over. Fuck off.

My posts weren’t changed. I just went a step further with a thought.
That is ALSO the nature of rumination.

Which causes me to ruminate some. :evilfun:

:chores-mop:

Some guy; may I refer you to my sandbox forum blog on logic and language, where coincidentally I brought in a lot of elements you are entertaining? Specifically fear, escape from fear into the darkness. These very metaphors play strongly here as well, but they are very deeply hidden, and need to be uncovered

Please see how close the resemblance is, that Arc tried to uncover, and as such, it is painful, it’s been done to me, it is currently is being done to me, but it is something which hasn’t be done

Would you look at my doting and see the connections there, and oddly I wrote it just about the time you did

Thanksm

2 things.

1. Anime is gay. Grow the fuck up.

2. I thought this thread was about “ruination” an amazing beer made by Stone Brewing.

And I don’t mean gay in the sense of putting a penis into a man’s asshole. I mean it in the pejorative sense. As in, “Anime is gay. Grow the fuck up.”

Like every time I see that shit I’m like…“here is a person who expects to be taken as an adult while revering some fucking cartoons.” Idiots.

Some guy in history, I’ve been here for like a decade or so. I’ve seen 100 morons come and go. You are the biggest moron I have ever seen here. Your sense of self worth is so dramatically disproportionate with you abilities as a thinker. Every time you get hostile, you look like a fool. No one likes you, and it isn’t because of your ideas. Its because you are an idiot and an asshole.

I think it’s worse than that, he seems psychotic and delusional, he needs some serious help.

You guys are just jealous. If you keep it up, I might have to share some of my crazies with you just to shut you up.

The word “rumination” generally refers to something similar to worry wherein one pointlessly reviews a thought or situation over and over even though nothing could be done about it, perhaps something in the past. So it is different than merely “thinking deeply”. It is specifically about thinking pointlessly and possibly dangerously drawing oneself into morbidity or depression. Other kinds of deep thinking have other words.

ru·mi·na·tion
ˌro͞oməˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: rumination; plural noun: ruminations

a deep or considered thought about something.
"philosophical ruminations about life and humanity"
    the action or process of thinking deeply about something.
    modifier noun: rumination
    "this film stuck out, demanding attention and rumination"
the action of chewing the cud.
"cows slow down their rumination"

There is nothing there that insinuates it being something bad. I almost wonder who among you actually look at definitions or understand context.

con·tem·pla·tion
ˌkän(t)əmˈplāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: contemplation; plural noun: contemplations

the action of looking thoughtfully at something for a long time.
"the road is too busy for leisurely contemplation of the scenery"
synonyms:	viewing, examination, inspection, observation, survey, study, scrutiny
"the contemplation of beautiful objects"
    deep reflective thought.
    "he would retire to his room for study or contemplation"
    synonyms:	thought, reflection, meditation, consideration, rumination, deliberation, reverie, introspection, brown study; More
    formalcogitation, cerebration
    "the monks sat in quiet contemplation"
    the state of being thought about or planned.

And “Nazi” doesn’t necessarily insinuate anything bad either. You might want to wakeup to how words are generally used, not merely how they are pedantically defined. You are discussing issues with typical people, not dictionaries.

Those that believe rumination and contemplation to be bad and negative are minorities and not even minorities that matter. Prove me wrong instead of side-stepping and going back to personal insults, you fucking noob.

How many typical people are there that use the words ruminate and contemplate? Do you have an actual estimate instead of going with the flow of the voices and the audience in your head that’s cheering you on and hiding their giggles and snorts?

Nazi was a term before it became dragged through the mud. The symbol meant something else before it became dirtied by a mixed-blood man leading with intensity beyond a pure blood a mix-blood company that so happen to have been fighting for a pure-blood race that was supposed to have been better than them and yet couldn’t have been because they did not exist in reality? It’s like, question it.