How Prepared Are You?

No the stock market won’t tank. The investment class is largely right wing. US showing military aggression gets thier dicks hard. If anything, this might start a short term rally that could be held up by an increase in the price of oil. Higher oil price is good for US energy in the long term because it incentivizes investment in alternatives because it makes them more cost effective.

An attempt to grow green bell peppers, mustard spinach, and beefsteak tomatoes indoors is on the agenda. If that goes well then…

…a citrus grove indoors next.

Have you ever done an extensive indoor garden? Are you planting in soil or water? Are you buying nutes or making them? You want to grow citrus trees indoors? You’re gonna need some serious lighting if you intend to harvest fruit.

Mr. wrote

Not yet. This is my year to experiment. Veggies= seeds in soil in window boxes. Hand pollination if they survive that long.

The lemon tree will only happen if I have a bit of luck with the veggies. Some people have green thumbs, I’m not one of them.

If you can spend a couple hundred bucks on a can fan, a decent grow light, some flexible ducting, some air pumps, and a handful of other bits, I can tell you how to grow anything you want in a closet, regardless of the climate outdoors. You can grow watermelons out of a 5 gallon bucket with a dwc setup and a 400 watt light. Fast too. Soil is messy, slow, and hard to monitor and correct nute levels. Hydro is easy, and can be immediately adjusted with a ph kit and an understanding of what’s in each of the 3 bottles of nutrients you’ll need. If you can grow a plant to harvest with a 400 watt light and some general hydroponics flora nutrients, then you can move on and learn how to do it organically.

5, or 7 gallon bucket. Net pot lid. Hydroton. General hydroponics dual diaphragm air pump. Black silicone air line. Diffuser stones. 400w or 600w switchable ballast grow light with MH and HPS bulbs. Digital not magnetic. 4 or 6 inch can fan and ductwork to draw heat off the lights. Light fixture should be ventable. Set that shit up in a closet, or if you wanna splurge and really do it right, get a grow tent. Cheap is fine. 2x4 feet, eBay, under 100 bucks.

Get some ph down and a digital tester and some calibration fluid, and a 3 pack of general hydroponics flora line nutrients.

With those basic bits, you can pretty much grow anything.

The natural light will be just fine and I already have everything for potting. This is an experiment to see if it’s even possible…for me…to get year round indoor growth without electricity. Eventually I’d like to build my own vertical wind turbine setup for off grid life, but that’s a ways down the road. Thanks for the hydroponic suggestion though.

You can run all that stuff off a generator, or do solar panels and power it that way. You’re not going to grow stuff in the wrong climate without controlling the environment in a major way. I mean, it’ll grow, but the fruit will be underdeveloped and disappointing at best. I’ve got some “off the grid” friends in NM who live on what they call an “earthship”, whatever that means. But they’re basically self sufficient hippie types who don’t trust not only the government, but any other part of society. Those bastards do all this stuff with compost tea and bat shit and worm casings and all that. But they’re highly disciplined, experienced, and educated on these sorts of things. That being said, my understanding is relatively basic compared to theirs, but I could grow bananas in a closet if I had to.

Don’t worry about a green thumb, that’s just a term people use to describe themselves when they don’t want to take the time to explain what all it takes to grow a plant. The best way, in my opinion, is not yo worry about the plant. Worry about the room instead. When you know what environment the plant thrives in, and you create that environment, the plant thrives. There’s no need to experiment. You should be able to find info on what temp and humidity range, what ph range, what concentration of what types of nutrients, what light cycle and spectrum that a given plant needs. If you build it they will grow.

Food rotation time. There are many purchased products in the bugout bag that need to be tested to see if they measure up. The portable water filtration kit is still in its box. Two nylon hammocks later, are Joker and I suspended comfortably? Comedy waiting to happen. :mrgreen:

Great, don’t paint you your own target? :LOL: No one is prepared. As it should be.

I consider nature; present yourself as the least reward with the highest cost and you’ll get through anything.

Sad as it is, due to fascist laws and rules I am not allowed to dig near my home, so I don’t have a fallout shelter near me. Sadly I will likely be wiped out at the first sign of a nuclear blast, an unappreciated genius, my views to be forever silenced, a victim of the troglyogyte unenlightened barbaric political horde of conspirators and cockroaches, degrading humanity with their very existence.

Have you managed casting those arrow heads yet? Love isn’t a commodity. It ain’t a right. It’s luck. When the “shit hits the fan” and it will, allow some space. And don’t wear targets.

Oh and bye the bye there is all sorts of shit that hits that fan. Broadly speaking.

Not following Mowk.

Not at all certain the way I think leaves any sort of trail. To me, It is not a well marked path. You’d have to be one hell of a tracker to be following this far.

“Not following Mowk.”

That is not a bad thing. Fairly sure where I am headed, wouldn’t be your choice to follow.

Where are you headed?

Death and possibly a few meaningless side trips along the way. Unavoidable, but few choose.

What kind of death?

The every day sort.