alpha chicks and beta chicks

What about other women who were raped? Did they not deserve to be given the same strength?

Why would God make it so that anybody would want to rape somebody else in the first place?

So what you are saying Arc, is you were not raped, that you managed to free yourself before any sexual abuse?

It is scary that this man was not caught.

God gave man free will and it is up to man to choose right from wrong, I think it is misguided to blame God, I don’t mean to sound unsympathetic as I understand very well what you went through.

Jesus, sorry I even brought it up. I was just trying to offer a different perspective.

I think I’m officially done with this thread. You can have it.

Oh, I’m sorry too. I forgot that on ILP people are supposed to be able to express any opinion no matter how retarded it is and all others are expected to respect it purely on the basis of not hurting the retard, because hurting emotional retards is mean.

Emotional retards should be permitted to spread their bullshit endlessly and without shame, but if you dare point out the simplest flaws in their reasoning YOU’RE the one who’s in the wrong and should feel ashamed.

Got it. Certainly reminds me of discussions I had with religious people here a relatively long time ago.

You believe in God, so you got that truth wrong. You also believe in free will, which is wrong. This means you also got logic wrong, since the two are incompatible. Should I go on?

This is where you and I disagree. You accuse me of not being realistic but I see you as being stuck in some cinematic idealized image of masculine power. You refuse to climb outside of your WWA ring and see that force, in its principle and application, is not always brute physical force. People can call plague a “force of nature” and nobody will object that the application of the word force does not include brute physical power, but when it comes to certain humans, force HAS to be physical, for some reason. Everything else, even if it achieves the same goal, is either pushed aside, ignored, or re-labeled, all for the sake of preserving the status of brute physical force. Right? Look around in nature. Does nature give preference to physical force? I don’t think so. Go ahead and define force or power in nature. In the living world, it will be tied to survival and survival is not dependent solely on brute physical force. It can take a single strain of bacteria or virus to wipe out whole populations of strongest (physically) of animals. How do you approach and define force then?
Also, you’re displaying double standards when you address women without even seeing your own biased thinking. When a man fights a stronger opponent and loses, people automatically consider him a brave man who has fought and died an “honorable” death (honor!! please show me honor in nature!), but when a woman fights a stronger opponent she is just “playing tough” or is plain naïve/stupid. What is the difference between the two actions that ended with the same consequence? Both have fought a much stronger opponent and both have died as a result. The difference that I see is in biased perception.

Austsider wrote:

“I refuse to prove that I exist,” says God, “for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing”.

Formal logic was invented in Classical Greece and for Aristotle it was a tool for finding truth, but it didn’t keep him from making the most profound errors of thought.

HA!

Pandora, you misunderstand my position. Is a virus not physical? I explain here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=191750

No, not necessaily. Whether it is bravery or stupidity depends on circumstance.

Shitmaiden

And that is supposed to be an argument AGAINST me? Gee, I guess you win then.

Outsider
wrote:

So I am now Shitmaiden…losers always resort to insult.

You present no argument only prejudice.

A Shieldmaiden

It may just be the way we “see” things but for me the sexual abuse began the moment he grabbed me from behind and told me he had a gun to my back.
Yes, I managed to fight back to the extent that he at some point gave up and ran. I didn’t give him the opportunity to rape me though he did try. I fought back hard. I’m glad that he didn’t get to see the results of how he left me - sitting there on the ground shaking and crying and yet at the same time, as angry as hell. The police and I both felt that I might have been his first attempt at rape.

I cannot really say if he was not at some point caught - somewhere down the line with someone else.

Did I blame God? Yes, at that time, on an emotional level and I suppose even on an intellectual one, but perhaps not as much in the latter regard, I did blame god. I had a really strong relationship with God at that time even though in a way it was more the creative majestic God and less the personal loving one. Some people will blame God and some people won’t. Some people might not even stop to consider it. It took me quite a long time to not feel so vulnerable and to feel more secure in myself. I did a whole lot of “looking back” while walking down the street.

I don’t know if i would use the word “misguided”. Human might work though.

Have you ever been attacked, Shieldmaiden? You don’t have to answer that. My point is that unless and until you have walked a mile in another’s shoes, you cannot know what causes a person to think this or that or to believe this or that.

My views about a God have changed quite a bit since then and especially since coming to ILP. It’s turned me into an agnostic which I can only say is a good thing. lol

Arc wrote:

Yes, I have been attacked, hence my interest in the circumstances of your attack.

I got robbed once by 5 guys with knives in Amsterdam, once by 4 guys in Bessemer, which is one of the most violent cities in the country, and I’ve been held at gunpoint, or had a gun shoves directly into some or another part of my body, face, back, stomach, throat more times than I can remember. Its just life man. You win some, you lose some.

I had a crazy dude stick a pistol to my forehead in a crack house when I was 14 because I kept playing chop sticks on a keyboard and it was driving him crazy apparently. Around that same age, the cops had this brown van and they would ride through our neighborhoods and jump out with assault rifles and make everyone get on the ground. They’d search us, and take people to jail who had warrants or anything illegal on them, then they’d tell us not to let them see us in this neighborhood anymore. But we lived there.

I had a rookie cop threaten to beat me with a billy club once in a holding cell because I was raising hell that they wouldn’t let me have any toilet paper. Then since I was pre trial, and therefore innocent until proven guilty, which never happened, I told them I would raise all the hell possible under the law upon my release, snd when he and his friends came around to beat me up, a superior officer stopped them and made them give me toilet paper. Had to fire a public defender on that case and threaten to detail the situation to the bar association before they finally dismissed the bullshit charge.

I got stabbed in the leg once by a guy who then ran off so fast that I couldn’t catch him with my leg all bloody and stabbed. I’ve been shot at more times than I can remember. Sprayed with mace one time by a crazy person, got hit in the head once with a tire iron and split my eyebrow. Got hit in the head once with a night stick by a crazy bitch who didn’t even know who I was.

Been raped or sexually assaulted Mr. R?

I’ve had women coerce me into sex when I wasn’t feeling it. And I’ve had them become quite hostile on occasions where I refused. I’ve been been punched in the face, kicked in the shins, spit on, verbally assaulted, and had my door nearly kicked off the hinges by women who wanted to fuck me. I had 1 kick my windshield out once, I had one throw a laptop at me. What do you want to hear?

I locked myself in my own apartment once, and had to call the police because a woman who I refused to have sex with, and who I refused to allow into my home kept banging on my door and threatening me with violence. This bitch played soccer, and was very athletic. The only way I could have beaten her in a fight would have been to hurt her very badly. But because I know the law skews toward blaming the male, I had to stay on the phone with the cops until they got there so I could get it on the record that I was locked in my home and trying to make sure I didn’t get charged with anything because some dumb bitch wanted to kick my door down. Then when the cops came, she tried to tell them I was violent, which I’m just not. The cop said, “ma’am, if he’s violent and you’re afraid of him, then why are you trying to kick down his door and confront him?” She started crying. I told the cop I didn’t want her to go to jail, and that she just needed to go home and they let her drive away in spite of her obvious commission of a crime. Had I opened the door, I would have ended up in jail with a black eye probably. I mean, I’m about 5 foot 10 and around 220lbs. I can probably knock an average person unconscious with a hard hook to the ear. But I have to lock myself away and hide from a bitch who’s lost her mind and wants to assault me because things aren’t really equal. If you lost your shit and attacked me, I could kill you with my bare hands. But the law protects you because you aren’t expected to be rational or have self control or deal with the consequences of your actions.

If you’re really equal, then don’t ask for the law to be skewed in your favor when you start fights with people who outweigh you by 100lbs.

If a woman slaps me as hard as she can, should I be able to return that as hard as I can? Or am I morally obligated to restrain myself? If I am, why?

Women tend to believe that thier vaginas are the end all be all of the world. But only because most guys are awkward, undesirable, desperate and willing to support that belief in order to get laid. But we’re not all like that. I’m very picky, and I’m not attracted to most women. When they want it, and the man refuses, they go bat shit crazy.