The man behind the Phred

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJzdhQlP25Y[/youtube]

And their numbers slowly dwindled down to nothing, for as it was said in the devil’s book; the book of the dead; all must die, including God.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPU8OAjjS4k[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4P7NxpsA2Q[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSmtHBMjXLU[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5yaoMjaAmE[/youtube]

Gratitude is important, isn’t it, and no matter what anyone says, every little bit helps along the way.
You may at times feel more enriched than people who have everything and don’t appreciate it.

Wouldn’t you say that it is ~~ even based on the fact that we may not realize unconsciously ALL of the reasons we’ve made that choice.
YOU yourself make that choice “to be” everyday in which you wake up and decide to continue on though some would never make your choice “to be” - you’re still living and it may not be as bad as some think, considering how miserable some think of their life which is far removed from your own ~ yet you continue on.

If you’re speaking of suicide here, who can say for sure? I remember a time when, though I can’t ever see myself killing myself, there were a few moments (figuratively speaking) when I came to understand or close to understanding how some might want to take their own life.
Is it a choice? They say that freedom is when we have nothing left to lose. Perhaps this is when we make our choice.

So I suppose that I would say that we do have a choice but when we’ve come too close to that black hole, perhaps there can be no going back.

I think that we also make the choice “to not be” in particular moments ~ not suicide wise but when we refuse to continue on with courage…when we only see gloom and the doom, which is natural. After all, we are not gods but human flesh and blood. Sometimes it does take a great deal of courage and stick-to-it-iveness to continue on - along with a grudging OK to life.

How can you choose not to be when you’re already here? Not in terms of suicide, but the ever-governing question to exist or not to exist and to realize that you had no choice isn’t a fair realization, but neither is it fair for people to be able to run from the truth of it and do so much damage while trying not to be and trying to resist the fact that they exist and interact and cause things to happen all the same.

You know, it took me years of working on my patience to finally realize that I was just distracting myself with other things to pass the time. I was like, ‘technically, that’s not being patient at all.’

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E[/youtube]

Outside of the realm of suicide, choosing NOT TO BE for me (what I was referring to) is about simply existing like a rock or a vegetable, just being in a way where life is lived without being fully conscious or self aware, like a leaf blowing in the wind; where life holds very little meaning or purpose, and where it is basically just a drudge and something to be experienced at its lowest level of consciousness or almost at that level.

Granted, as humans, there ARE times when things occur when we may be tempted to let go and fall into this trap or actually do come to fall into this trap ~ we all have our tipping point ~ but the human spirit is capable of being transcendent if we can just realize this.

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. Are you saying that you disagree with the assumption that “having no choice” is valid - that it is an unfair and dishonest perception? at least at a particular time…

I agree with you. Unfortunately, we all have different levels of consciousness. Are we all capable of having the same level of it? If I say that I just didn’t realize that this would happen, what is it that determines my level of responsibility toward something which happened? Can it be the same for everyone insofar as realizing the consequences which a particular behavior might have?

But you misunderstand a vegetable at that point if you think they just do nothing while existing. It’s an impossibility to be alive, awake and aware and do absolutely nothing. Fucking impossible. Even without being awake or aware, that vegetable changed the world for being in it.

You call it the human spirit and it being the only one able to transcend and I tell you some vegetables have already transcended beyond you. Cut ego and pride out of the way.

I’m saying that you exist anyway. Your choice in the matter becomes an inconsequential thing except in terms of the damage you do before realizing just what it means to exist. You have no choice, as in, you existed before ever realizing that it could be a choice or that you could make a choice either way. You will still exist even if you choose not to.

We are all of us reading from the same book, different chapters, different pages; different perceptions and perspectives; but all the same book. Just got to defrag the mind like a computer and put in cliff notes and connecting ties between relevant material and take into account all the children that want to play and want attention, us included. Roll with the punches, surf the storms of life; etc., etc. The sad part is that these things mean absolutely nothing until they click with relevant material in your own life experiences.

Some Guy in History

Point taken. I agree with you on all three levels in a manner of speaking but I was speaking about sentience/consciousness though.

So tell me. What vegetables have already transcended beyond me?
Why would I be indulging in ego and pride to think of myself as more than a cucumber or a head of cabbage?

The other side of that coin is in terms of what good we humans also do.

But that’s obvious. It goes without saying. But we do have the choice in deciding whether or not we wished it happened at all…not that that could change anything…except for the decision to end it all.

I’m not so sure that that is true but I suppose that you’re speaking about The Book of life?
Does that make a difference though? You probably like certain books that I do not like and visa versa.
But I do see your point. There is also that perspective.

The brain may be similar to the computer but it isn’t that easy going about trying to defrag the mind.
What steps do you use to do that?

Why is that so sad? You did say the below:

We’re all at different stages of the journey and we get there following different paths along the way.
Would you take a shortcut to get somewhere? Would you take a shortcut by advancing from path A to G or would you take every step and alphabetical path along the way to get to where you will eventually get?

So was I.

You vegetable racist, putting them all on the same level as their group names. It’s like, which black man is more smarter than me? That’s what you just fucking asked. Let me rub your nose in the shit you just took on the carpet.

Humans do good? Could have fooled me.

That’s the problem, it’s gone without being said for too long.