Paradox of vu

IMO Amorphos is a serious thinker … he wrote in another OP
[b]

[/b]

How many roads would be closed if competition was virtually eliminated?

Two hypothetical scenarios:

Scenario One

A charismatic leader surfaces on the international scene … issues a two page communique to all people in the world 7 billion plus people.

[b]

[/b]

Scenario Two

[b]

[/b]

And the beat goes on, look what happens to charismatic people: the history full of accounts of their assasinations, murder, suicide, crucifixion.

The wise ones like Buddha are smart enough to
duplicate themselves into myriad bodshivatta, and buddhas so as to make themselves invisible. They are now, and then were egoless. Western civilization has to empty out which presents a huge problem for them in accountability, whereas in the East, no account of who they ever were, there is nothing to empty out there.

Here, it presents a dangerous situation, paradoxical and self destructive in others’ estimation.

But Buddhism can’t make it here, didn’t Zen has a chance if strictly adhered to.

Amorphos is one of the more intelligent people here. However I am more impressed by his discussion of consciousness than the quote you list here. The ephiphany you listed I discovered around the age of 4, it’s like 2+2=4, it’s really nothing advanced. And that is what I mean by humanity being 5000 years behind me…they can’t even understand that criminals are people just like you and me.

If someone kills 5000 people, people say how evil and deranged the person is, yet people vote for politicians that carpet bomb civilians like no tommorow and don’t even bat an eye. It’s a sick and sad world

If you kill one you are a murderer, if you kill 100 you are a loon, but if you kill 1000 you are a soldier and 1 million they call you Yahweh.

Stalin said, ‘To kill one man is a tragedy, but to kill a million men is a statistic’. Therefore his godly claims fit your description.

There’s your problem.

Yeah, but what did they actually know about intent, public satisfaction, diplomacy, etc.?

@encode_decode

Thanks, I hope I find some relief from my sinus condition too.
When I’m strict with my diet and lifestyle I’m able to significantly improve it.

If you want to get paranormal about it, deja vu could be past life experiences that’re similar to present life experiences (sorry if someones brought that up already).

At the other end of the spectrum, it could just be a brain malfunction.
The chemicals that give you a sense of familiarity accidentally get dumped into your brain at an inappropriate time, like when you’ve done something for the very first time.

There’s no reason for this accident, it’s not that you’ve dreamt about a similar event before, or predicted it, or a partly forgotten memory, your brain just randomly got flooded with familiarity chemicals giving you a false sense of having been through something you’ve never been through before, because brains can be like that, they can just totally malfunction for no reason once in a while, like a glitch.

Now we are on to something - I appreciate that - this will allow me to formulate something more substantial relating back to the “Paradox of the sensed” including some paranormal stuff. Brain malfunction is very likely. But it is your last paragraph that gives me the insight.

:smiley:

I wonder whether it has anything to do with histamines in food.

:-k

I remember about 10 years back we rode into some beach town area in Massachusetts. I can’t even recall the name of the place now.
I love the beach and the ocean. It was summer. I was relaxed and content. But it couldn’t have been or could it have been that but who knows? It might have been that with a part of something more. I’m a skeptic.

This feeling came over me all of a sudden. I had never experienced it before. I see many things as being beautiful but the sudden sight of this area translated into something beyond the beautiful. It really was a feeling or a sense of being swept away by the knowledge of “having been there before” even though I knew I hadn’t ever been there. It was like some strange familiar sensation, like having come home. It was so familiar and yet on a higher consciousness level, I knew I hadn’t been there. It was a really profound moment and sensation. Normally beauty doesn’t leave me disturbed but it wasn’t a negative disturbance-it was just some kind emotional upheaval. I know that sounds weird. Shivers…

I realize that perhaps at times we may have this experience because our brains and our minds pick up on things which we observe in a book, magazine, tv program ~~ whatever ~~ or pick on things which we hear but our conscious level doesn’t really see or hear them at all. They are stored in a part of our brain until something comes along and acts as a catylyst or a trigger. Who knows but that perhaps that was the reason I had that experience. Coming face to face with the physical reality of it - kind of like a mind meld lol - as opposed to just some unconscious click of the camera and unremembered image.

Ultimate philosophy 10001

Wow I didn’t think you rated me lol

That’s what the quote also meant.

Arc

Have you ever wondered if people leave an imprint upon the fabric of reality? How can something occur without doing that? Well I suppose physicists would disagree, but if the original thingness of existence is the philosophers stone, then everything is making an impact upon it - that’s how it all works, info tells the stone what it wants etc. ….sry, in short what I mean is that you could have been there before and re-experienced a previous experience, or even someone else’s experience.

its all imprints.

I turn 42 today - I have to go and help a friend dig a trench to run data and power - so I am going to be absent for around 6 - 12 hours. I have read all the posts and will be back to respond. I hope you all have the type of day that you enjoy.

See you all soon.

:greetings-cya:

@ Arcturus Descending - thanks for sharing your experience - I found it most interesting.

This sounds like a real “WOW” moment but an internal “wow” if that makes sense. I enjoy these types of sensations - I have some of the beauty ones that are not associated with vu but instead my other senses including higher ones. It is really difficult to explain. Your experience transported me to a different time and place.

I have had this before - a very strong feeling of it.

Another wow moment - I have these memories from my childhood that are so much brighter than that of other memories - vivid. What you explain is certainly a paradox of some sort. I like the way you wrote that. Disturbed by beauty - not negative - rather an emotional upheaval.

Very deep.

Thanks again.

Amorphos
Even after something dies it has left its impact on the fabric of reality. Like a footprint in the sand. Maybe “its” imprint gets washed away over time but its impact would still remain diluted among the remaining fabric - maybe I am crazy but it makes sense to me.

I have wondered whether people leave an imprint upon the fabric of reality - in fact I have a theory about that - in my giant theory basket. I am sure physics would disagree on a lot of stuff. Philosophers Stone - if my memory serves me - as is above so it is below - or something along those lines - I know there is more to it than that. You seem to have covered a lot of ground Amorphos. I must admit it tempts my brain to start thinking about past lives and all that.

[b]

[/b]

The following words were written mid 19th century by George Sand (pen name)

see any “imprints” ???

The unsensed versus the sensed. When the two come together as a collision of the “chaotic infinity” versus the internal conscious space. The “chaotic infinity” being the unsensed - an infinity of potentially “sensible” and “not sensible” impressions from the ultimate reality. When something “sensible” already exists as a part of our conscious space and some new sensible impression is plucked from the “chaotic infinity” a collision happens. Something magnetic; something resonating and when these two impressions overlap a “sense paradox” happens. This “sense paradox” presents itself in the form of a strong feeling.

That feeling people describe when they find their soulmate. That feeling of Déjà vu. Experiences of feelings discussed in this thread . . . I am not sure how far this can be extended but I imagine quite a way.

encode_decode … seems the scope of your OP is sprouting like mushrooms … today your choice of “vu” rather than “déjà vu” in the title seems prescient. Déjà vu is a tiny piece of the puzzle.

Amorphos … with the introduction of the word “imprint” has created a certain resonance with the French word “vu” … exploding the scope of your OP … for me … in a positive direction.

You wrote:

… maybe “its” imprint gets washed away over time struck a chord with me … for me though … I think the opposite is sometimes true. Seems to me any repetition of a specific “imprint” increases the longevity of the “imprint”.

The above thought prompted me to post George Sand’s comments … I’ll repeat them here for ease of reference:

[b]

[/b]

The “imprint” George Sand describes … mid 19th century France … seems not only to have survived the past 175 years or so as a “vu” (imprint) … it seems to have hardened … as in become permanent … in human consciousness.

Any thoughts?

Maybe we have a “paradox of the social sensed” or “social vu”.

I really like it - I hope you don’t mind I will work it into an example as follows - just for the visual impact:

Even after something dies it has left its impact on the fabric of reality. Like a footprint in the sand. Maybe “its” imprint gets washed away over time but its impact would still remain diluted among the fabric of reality.

Conversely it > Seems to me any repetition of a specific “imprint” increases the longevity of the “imprint” < upon the fabric of reality.

Anything or everything that is alive is constantly modifying and reinforcing “imprints” among the fabric of reality. Like a tree that branches but it’s general leafness stays the same.

I do have some thoughts on this for example, some things would have changed but most would have stayed the same. As per the quote of George Sand’s it seems that it does resemble the modern day in a few ways; where the palaces are even more numerous as well as more diverse*; the people still envy the rich**; the wealth is still in a few men’s hands; avarice, immorality, and ineptness remains***;

• by this I mean the old palaces are still there but new palaces have arisen like palaces of corporation.
    ** Even at the expense of there own happiness.
    *** People want everything the easy way these days. Sometimes they will break the law to achieve it.

In some ways it seems we have reached a cultural and spiritual entropy by keeping specific “imprints” strong. Hence a paradox.

:banana-dance:

Enter the new banana republics - makes you wonder that is for sure.

:-k