Paradox of vu

Okay…let me take you through a journey through “liminal space”.

After you give up sex…you can be a fool-ospher (I mean uh…philosopher) after you fully understand the concept of “liminal space”.
Life is always changing…let me guide and walk you through that change.
Profound.
The other day, I smoked shrooms.
I was seeing colors. Stars. Almost like the Cosmos.

Do I get a PhD for this?

You shoul’d have, , it may have made a positive differance.

But just like a very wise critter gently placing her supple lips to my elongated ear whispered through the many formed canals therein: ‘It was not meant to be’.

Maybe it would have made my words so profound…that noone could understand me. Quality=How many people can’t understand you. I call it “jeans-us.” The quintessence of Fool-osophy.

Profound things are eclectic, poets and philosophers write volumes to casual readers, but it is sifting, for pearls which transmit to those who’s ears bereft of the waxed redundancy blocking the write stuff.

:smiley:

I am curious about the concept of “liminal space” - could you give me a short description? Pleeeeease . . .

It was made by some “misfit”. Don’t ask…it’s just some fool-hippie trying to do philosophy…It just sounds “deep” to the guy who made it…its just a page with no substance.

@ Ultimate Philosophy 1001 - That sounds fair - So “liminal space” is just a fancy way of saying . . . . . something . . . . . yeah.

:-k

Trixie … you surely are a GENIUS … you truly understand the concept of “Liminal Space”.

It is exactly as you described it … “It’s just a page with no substance” ergo: a blanke page … full of potential.

I have lots I want to share with you … no time now … gotta go to the local market and observe life … in action. :smiley:

First a report on my visit to the local market.

Lest I be accused of posting “chat” in the philosophy forum let me say this …

Desktop philosophers … ergo: philosophers who do not spend considerable time observing life in action … produce illusions of philosophy … far removed from actual life.

Visiting the local market has become a hobby … I go 4-5 times a week … always a different location though with some overlap in the congregation.

Local markets in rural China provide a keen observer with a peek into antiquity … so much has never changed.

Buyers and sellers … thieves/cheats and honest folk. Thieves/cheats on both sides … ergo: among the buyers as well as among the sellers. Though my guess is the majority are honest folk. I suspect this population distribution holds true for all congregations of peoples every where and is consistent through time and space in the history of humanity.

The full spectrum of human life is also present … from infants to the very elderly … truly a rich panorama of humanity.

Let me share a couple of experiences:

1. As a buyer I often attempt to pay more than the asking price (for vegetables) … not out of generosity … rather out of selfishness. Small denominations of Chinese currency are a nuisance to carry around. My over payment varies from one and a half cents to fifteen cents(Cdn $) Almost always the seller vigorously refuses my offer … not because the seller doesn’t like money. The look on his/her face says … I don’t want your charity … somehow taking money that he/she feels he/she has not earned somehow stains/tarnishes/contaminates their personal dignity/pride.

2. As a seller … yes I have tried selling vegetables … my wife grew … on a street market where the sellers were all peasants. My wife gave me clear instructions for the Chinese language required. In English … “One bunch for 2 RMB”. I intentionally reversed the Chinese to say … “Two bunches for one RMB”. My wife’s vegetables sold out in no time … the smiles, laughs and various other kinds of body language made it a very rich experience. One of those observations of what it means to be human that money can’t buy. PS … and my wife wasn’t even angry at me for her losses.

Chat is a good thing.

:smiley:

Let me continue my thoughts in this OP … but … borrow a very recent Trixie quote from another OP.

Trixie what you say may be your destiny … or if not the supreme leader of society … at the very least a substantial BEACON … ergo: a fire or light set up in a high or prominent position as a warning, signal.

A service to humanity that may help prevent humanity from perishing on the rocks of the shore they have been trying to reach since time immemorial.

IMO a ‘beacon’ … rather than a ‘leader’ … is the better choice.

Food for thought

1. Hyper sensitive people … a characteristic/trait of some of history’s greatest leaders … is both a tremendous gift and a tremendous curse. First the curse … hyper sensitive people too often permit the fringe lunatics (can’t think of a kinder word at the moment) to get under their skin … morph into parasites and vampires … and proceed to suck the qi … chi … Chinese term for life’s energy … out of them. Leaving them a hollow shell of their former selves.

2. The gift … hyper sensitive people are like a magnet for super ‘knowledge’ … wisdom.

3. The leader/follower … teacher/student … guru/devotee communities eventually … yet inevitably … the leader/teacher/guru are suffocated and killed … not literally of course. How so? The essence of community demands interactions among members of the community … leader/teacher/guru included. These interactions inevitably spawn inter dependencies … that include the leader/teacher/guru. Thus the “independence” of the leader/teacher/guru is eventually suffocated to death. Independence is imperative.

4. The keen observer can see this in the Jesus story. The ‘message’ of Jesus was suffocated to death by his disciples … in particular Saul of Tarsus … within decades of his death.

5. The keen observer can see this in the Socrates story. Socrate’s most important message was suffocated to death by Plato and subsequent adherents to Plato’s work. What was Socrate’s most important message … “The unexamined life is not worth living” Socrate’s wasn’t talking about the big picture … what is the meaning/purpose of human life … he was talking about the micro picture … each individual human life. And he was rather dramatic with his words “is not worth living” … how much despair, frustration, anger, hostility and so on … stems from not examining your life … your individual and personal life.

6. The keen observer can see this is the Buddha story. The Buddha counselled his followers … do not cling to my coat tails … if your personal experience does not confirm my words … ignore my words. How much of subsequent Buddhism dwelt solely on his words?

7. The keen observer can see this in the Lao Tzu/Confucius story. Confucius entertained followers/students/diciples … Lao Tzu did not. Lao Tzu rebuked Confucius for his arrogance. Lao Tzu opted for voluntary exile to preserve his “independence”. The message of Confucius suffered the same fate as the message of Jesus.

@ pilgrim-seeker_tom - Very interesting food for thought that you offer.

[/b]

Have you listened to these lectures … youtube.com/watch?v=drjprSUDMiM … can’t vouch for the English captions.

Let me share the last two lines according to the translation in my book:

[b]

[/b]

The “he” refers to the best man … ergo: the best person

The above statement is antithetical to the world we live in. The statement implies there are few … if any … best persons in the world … competition is pervasive … in our schools … in our churches … in our political systems … in commerce and so on.

Though I must share that my local market observations indicate very little competition among the peasant vendors … and many sell the same stuff … seems they are content to let the buyers move about as they wish and touch and smell whatever they wish … it really is quite extraordinary.

Surely serious thinkers can visualize the merit of a world with little or no competition. Lazy thinkers would suggest in the absence of competition we would have little or no progress in any discipline … hogwash!!

IMO Amorphos is a serious thinker … he wrote in another OP
[b]

[/b]

How many roads would be closed if competition was virtually eliminated?

Two hypothetical scenarios:

Scenario One

A charismatic leader surfaces on the international scene … issues a two page communique to all people in the world 7 billion plus people.

[b]

[/b]

Scenario Two

[b]

[/b]

And the beat goes on, look what happens to charismatic people: the history full of accounts of their assasinations, murder, suicide, crucifixion.

The wise ones like Buddha are smart enough to
duplicate themselves into myriad bodshivatta, and buddhas so as to make themselves invisible. They are now, and then were egoless. Western civilization has to empty out which presents a huge problem for them in accountability, whereas in the East, no account of who they ever were, there is nothing to empty out there.

Here, it presents a dangerous situation, paradoxical and self destructive in others’ estimation.

But Buddhism can’t make it here, didn’t Zen has a chance if strictly adhered to.

Amorphos is one of the more intelligent people here. However I am more impressed by his discussion of consciousness than the quote you list here. The ephiphany you listed I discovered around the age of 4, it’s like 2+2=4, it’s really nothing advanced. And that is what I mean by humanity being 5000 years behind me…they can’t even understand that criminals are people just like you and me.