Telepathy is the fruit of empathy?

Hopefully either the notion of ‘telepathy’ or ‘empathy’ falls under the umbrella of religion/spirituality.

Can we build a case for telepathy being the fruit of empathy?

I would suppose a combination of telepathy and clairsentience would allow someone to have much more empathy than the average human. Telepathy, the ability to read minds, and clairsentience, the ability to feel other’s emotions, is two clearly distinct abilities that would give the user of such much more empathy for those around them.

Circumstances dominated by egoism leave precious little fertile ground for the notion of empathy to germinate, sprout and grow.

Males have more empathy than females. Empathy is a trait of predators and thinkers.

Females have more sensitivity than males. Sensitivity is a trait of tyrants and artists.

If someone is a masochist then empathy won’t really stop them from dishing out the pain.

You are confusing masochism with sadism here and they are not the same

Masochists take pleasure in inflicting pain on themselves while sadists take pleasure in inflicting pain on others

You must not be very bright, like most of the other’s here.

Empathy is a trait of sensing other’s emotions and pain. If a masochist enjoys pain, then they would of course, enjoy dishing out pain.

And another lovely example of a non sequitur the second one today. Just because someone enjoys having pain
inflicted on them does not mean they enjoy having it inflicted on others. Now you are far too intelligent to be
making such a basic mistake in logic so I am some what disappointed that I have to point out your error to you

telepathy is not the fruit of empathy. Being able to understand emotions that you feel aren’t always yours is the fruit of empathy. Telepathy is the fruit of being able to clear the clutter of the mind, from the darkened thoughts, the circular, the dwellings and downward spirals, the fantasies that force people to not be able to see or accept reality as it is. Being able to talk to each other in the mind? Very give and take with what all is still jealous and envious, hateful, spiteful and vengeful for getting its ass handed to it. Being empathic helps in that by being able to sense, some times, the emotions of those coming at you in the mind and spirit no matter if things get clouded or not.

It’s like asking if tea goes with a tea pot. That tea pot, if never called a tea pot and used for tea could be used as a pitcher, or a urinal, or many other things. And that’s probably a poor analogy, metaphor of the give and take of telepathy and empathy as people try to be teeks (telekinetics) as some simply just want to be teeps (telepaths). The wars continue on from before to forevermore as nobody is satisfied and the worst part of it is that the worst often wins over the simple and the genuinely innocent fun of playing without bloodshed, violence, etcetera.

Read what I said again, you idiot

Not arguing this with you sweetie so we shall just agree to disagree

Ultimate Philosophy 1001

Do you find there to be a distinction between “sensing” and experiencing Trixie?
I think that many are capable of sensing when someone is in pain or being emotional unless they are completely self-focused
Empathy is the capacity to actually experience that same pain…to walk in the shoes of that other person, in a sense.

That’s not necessarily true. The masochist does enjoy “absorbing” the pain into his/her self though not really necessarily enjoying it so much as believing it’s all they deserve.
I kind of think that it is the “lack of enjoyment” which makes the masochist want to “share” that pain.
The masochist is not the same as the sadist who actually does delight in causing pain. The sadist lives for causing pain.

Sensing, in the way you mean, refers to a less lucid experience than the lucid experience.

You are being logically incoherent. You just said the masochist enjoys it, but not necessarily enjoys it.

I never said masochists were sadists.
Also I doubt sadists actually exist. Most sadists are probably just closet masochists.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001

The “in a sense” referred back to walking in the shoes of…in a sense figuratively speaking.
We all do experience emotional and physical pain in different degrees, Trixie, depending on our pain threshold.
I’m actually not sure - I wonder - if the empath, in actuality, experiences the same degree of pain or simply experiences pain of a degree.

No, I’m not really but I can understand how you would take it that way. It’s difficult to put what I’m saying into words. I have graduated, for the most part, from being a masochist of sorts but there is a level at which the masochist enjoys what is happening because it gives him or her something which is lacking or thought to be lacking but at the same time there really isn’t the “enjoyment”. If there were really enjoyment or what passes for it, the masochist could NOT give that up when what he or she was really seeking became a part of him or her. … more enlightenment for instance.

Perhaps the word “enjoy” is not the best word to use.

You doubt that sadists exist?! Wake up, Trixie.
Most masochists turn their pain inside on themselves…not others.
It may be true that only the tortured torture but there are also pathological sadists and I don’t like to use the word evil but it truly does exist within them.