Jesuits ... a few shit disturbers ... or more?

What are the connections between each? and how do those connections affect the last one and make it a final outcome of sorts?

Readers … I want to say “spoon feeding” is for infants … but that sounds uncharitable.

Perhaps the Master Buddhists rendition of the same phrase is more palatable … paraphrasing … telling other people what to see is “unskilled”.

Well I’m not sitting an exam on my question, but am actually interested in your take on my inquiry… I can easily look up mine… did you not stop to think that?

I tend to check the way I feel about others’ outlook on something or their outlook in general… I sometimes find others interesting, and interesting in that way, but they’ve got to be interesting in the first place, and so I find your negative reply brash.

Mags and other readers:

1. Seems I’m in a bit of an ornery mood this morning … maybe it’s PMS :laughing:

2. For those readers who don’t ‘see’ it … those readers who can’t see beyond the thin veneer of their own ego … this OP is an emotional response to A Shieldmaiden’s spurious comments about the Jesuit community. Without his/her trigger this OP would not exist.

3. I suppose it’s how one views education and education systems. For me … across time and space our education and education sytems have one underlying purpose … to tell people what to believe … to tell people what to see … to tell people what to feel … to tell people what they need … yes … our education system even tells us how badly we need an education … the “cookie cutter” form of education they serve up to us. What a monstrocity! James boils it down to 34 words. I have rarely read such profundity expressed in so few words. kudos to James =D>

1. Across the same time and space there have always been the “Obstinate Few” … perhaps the same community as the “Righteous Ones” that have refused to float downstream with the mainstream. Rather … despite grave personal sacrifice … these few swim upstream against the current. Suppose this is yet another natural characteristic of human evolution.

2. What is fueling the recent propensity towards individualism and populism? Perhaps it’s simply a growing community of people where fatigue and frustration have set in … with mainstream. This growing community doesn’t seem to know what it wants … it only knows it doesn’t want more of the same.

Mags … you find my response brash?

Hmmm! I’m still waiting for your reply to the following …

[b]pilgrim_tom wrote:
Though nature seems to have a finger in the pie as well … the easy oil has been where it is for a very very long time. Humans waited a very very long time for oil to be come the currency of the day.

Mags wrote
…and I’m sure the main power players were in the best position to take advantage of that situation when that time arrived… to own the oil, just like it has been happening with resources globally ever since.

Pilgrim_tom wrote
Mags … are you referring to the puppeteers of Sykes and Picot as in Sykes-Picot accord?

A much less known event took place in a tiny village in Portugal … Fatima … about a year later. I have often wondered if there is any connection between the choice of location for the event and the Prophet Mohamed’s daughter Fatima.

Mags wrote
No, but I will look it up to see the correlation… intriguing so far, and I haven’t even looked it up yet.

pilgrim_tom
wrote:

Everything I have written regarding the Jesuits can be verified.

I haven’t challenged the veracity of your comments … only attempted to encourage readers to look at the whole picture rather than gaze at a particularly unpleasant corner of the picture.

As I mentioned in another OP … telling the truth … but not the whole truth … is lying.

Wikipedia

PT wrote:

Yes you have in your comment below

AS … the words “the Jesuits” implies the entire community of Jesuits.

Again … the words “Jesuit Futurism” implies the entire community.

Both implications are spurious/false.

Moreno … do you remember him? … rightly rebuked me when I attempted to escape the “implications” of some stuff I wrote in my posts. I miss his lofty commentary.

JSS and myself had a short discourse on Catholicism/Jesuits if you are interested enough to read in the thread

Re: Dalai Lama: There Are No Muslim Terrorists

Yes brash… and rash… and negative… and uninformed… and presumptious… and very unthoughtthrough before being delivered.

There are some men I know… Middle-Eastern in origin, and they constantly tell me what I should do and how I should think and even feel… I have found the reply “Well that’s one option” works well in these situations I find myself in when around them… such a pleasant reply stops me from having to revert back to my younger self and resort to profanities and threats of committing homicide towards them. :slight_smile:

I have now replied, but I didn’t reply then because the intrigue gave way to disappointment… disappointment in man yet again. Such barbarism started when trade between differing nations started 100s of years BCE, and greed got the better of some… I see nothing has changed since then.

Science Fiction always themes/revolves around alien attacks, but that is from the minds of men… not the minds of non men. They may even be a refreshing change.

Emotional responses generally are … no?

Violation of one’s personal sacred space most often elicits an emotional outburst. Suppose that’s why so few people share stuff from their personal sacred space. Kinda makes most conversation sterile though.

I apologize for any ‘hurt’ you experienced from my comments. I have since recovered … and you?

Mags … IMHO not much of a response … perhaps your ‘hurt’ mentioned above influenced your analysis. ???

I find the concurrent events of October/November 1917 quite intriguing … especially since they all seem to be still very much in play today.

1. The Balfour Declaration.

2. The Bolshevik Revolution.

3. The fall of the Ottoman Empire

4. The final apparition of the Virgin Mary October 13th in Fatima Porugal

Let me try to put some ‘meat on the bones’.

I’ll back up before going forward lest I be accused of talking politics in the Religion/Spirituality forum. My posts in this OP stem … at least in part … from the following post:

Again to be completely upfront let me exchange the word ‘nature’ in the above quote with the word ‘God’ … for some the words are interchangeable … for others … not.

My intention(s) in sharing my thoughts/intuitions stem from my efforts (ambition) to help people understand and know God better.

Man’s “Great Game” begins with Henry Ford … when he said all men should own one of his Model T’s and they could choose any colour they wanted as long as it was black. Seems colour is an important component of communication … no pun intended.

Ford’s ambition spawned an economic explosion that makes the industrial Revolution pale in comparison.
Now back to the easy oil in the Middle East. It is no conspiracy theory to claim that serious conflict was inevitable in the Middle East. Empirical evidence abounds that consistently confirms man’s propensity to protect his ‘prize(s)’ … the bigger the prize the more intense the propensity to protect … almost always through the use of force … aka military power.

Cheap oil is the ‘prize’ … oil is the new ‘currency’.

The casual observer likely connects the conflict in Israel for the past century to the Balfour Declaration … perhaps there is some subtle subterfuge. Obviously, morality and ethics are at play … one can not be seen to be coveting his neighbor’s goods. (prize)

Yet … there is an absolute need for a substantial military beach head in the Middle East to protect the ‘prize’.
Et Voila … a sufficient military beach head in the Middle East camouflaged by the cloak of religion … if true … absolutely brilliant!

So where is the invisible Hand of God in all this?

The apparitions of the Virgin Mary in Fatima Portugal.

Pope Francis consecrated his papacy to Our Lady of Fatima and he said he didn’t expect his papacy to go beyond a couple of years … was he speaking of early retirement? … as Pope Benedict elected a few years ago.

The “Third Secret of Fatima” … an outcome of the apparitions … has always been an enigma. It was kept secret by the Vatican for 50 years or so … the text of the secret points to an “Armageddon” type event.

Hurt? I have nothing to recover from, but thank you for your concern.

Hurt? we have not established whether I was hurt or not, so why are you moving forward on the basis that I was? I expected a reply in kind and not this continuing personal type of exchange?

Yes brash… and rash… and negative… and uninformed… and presumptious… and very unthought through before being delivered.
[/quote]
Emotional responses generally are … no?

Violation of one’s personal sacred space most often elicits an emotional outburst. Suppose that’s why so few people share stuff from their personal sacred space. Kinda makes most conversation sterile though.

I apologize for any ‘hurt’ you experienced from my comments. I have since recovered … and you?
[/quote]
Hurt? I have nothing to recover from, but thank you for your concern.

Hurt?

OK … so my intuition isn’t always right. :laughing:

Aye aye Pilgrim :handgestures-salute:

Mags … food for thought

You wrote somewhere … something to the effect … that you feel more comfortable riding in the back of the bus … versus up front as the driver or chief navigator.

James Hillman would likely argue that somewhere in your being you know that taking the seat with your name on it … in the front of the bus … would present a daunting … and potentially dangerous challenge.

Hillman would likely go on to argue that at the appropriate time the chains that have you bound in a lethargic state will snap and set you free … giving you no option but go to the front of the bus and take the seat with your name on it.

It’s more the highest front-facing seats at the midpoint of the lower deck of the bus… a good view all round, and out the window too :wink:

Would he? would it?

I would liken fatigue more to being trapped in an eddy than binds… occasionally rising out of it… only to drop back in when spent. I am simply a statistic of a product of a toxic world.

Mags … you are a flicker of light … a glimmer of hope personified … during a dark and gloomy night for humanity.

I think that’s you. :slight_smile: