The Phenomenon of Man ... Wo-man

In a word … “arrogance”

Attempts to usurp the authority … superiority of God.

usurp as in abrogate

the late Dr Wayne Dyer mentioned a plausible acronym for EGO … Edge God Out

abrogate as in repeal God’s laws and replace them with man’s laws.

What are God’s laws?

There is only one … get drunk on agape … selfless … LOVE

I heard many years ago that the OT can be summed up in 9 words and the NT in one word.

OT … I am your God and you are My people.

NT … LOVE

I like care better. Care for yourself and for others, including God. Care is more directive, less ambiguous.

Care for all that lives.

Wendy … you have such a way with words … such a “feminine” way.

I’ve written many times … words in and of themselves are impotent.

Readers … be vigilant … you may feel someone tapping you on your left shoulder … someone who wants to give you an experience of agape love … an experience involving God. :slight_smile:

Show me.

Science Forum

But first, prepare and read up on Maxwell’s Demon (1867).

Good thing that Jesus was a bit more verbose. :evilfun:

Organizations attract people with authoritarian personalities. That’s not going to change.

Really?

2,000 years of the “ping pong” of verbosity has literally killed the story of Jesus. Simple fatigue and frustration … the absence of a clear and credible critical mass to the story … seems to have driven the most pious of believers away.

What is the alternative?

Silence!

In todays’ world silence is about as attractive as a shit sandwich for lunch.

Well yeah! … like flies to shit!

Probably explains why the Hebrews are still waiting for a “messiah” … they have always expected an “authoritarian personality” … seems to be a natural outcome of patriarchal society(s).

The one thang that is absolutely certain … beyond the shadow of doubt … universal … is “change”.

Yet … that reality provides no assurance … one way or the other … that the change you mentioned will remain cast in stone.

Ever heard of domineering mothers?

What? You think that even Jesus should have kept his mouth shut? :open_mouth:

Hardly!

I would like to ‘know’ what Jesus said … unfortunately His words are suffocated in obfuscation across time and space.

While my comments may seem pejorative … my intention is the opposite.

All that has transpired is part of the puzzle.

The ‘god’ of science hasn’t done much better … seems science is as malleable as religious doctrine/dogma.

1. Newtonian laws of gravity are being challenged today.

2. JSS claims the second law of thermodynamics has been refuted.

3. Hawkins flip flopping on his black hole theory(s) in the past 10 years or so.

Don’t worry.

If the sky is falling, you can still use Newtonian mechanics to calculate when it will hit you. Newtons laws are suitable for 99.9% of the problems that you will encounter on Earth.

Engineers will still calculate entropy, in spite of what James says.

I can’t believe that theories of black holes carry that much weight.

It’s the 0.1 % that may do us all in. :laughing:

That’s my point … the man of science extrapolates on “what he knows” far beyond “what he knows”

The man of religion/spirituality extrapolates on “what he knows” far beyond “what he knows”

Spiritualist: Spirit is substance … though invisible.

Scientist: Provide me with a flask filled with spirit … I will examine it through the prism of known science and share my
results.

Spiritualist: Spirit can not be harnessed … therefore I can not provide you with a flask full of spirit.

Scientist: Awe! … then the conclusion is simple … spirit does not exist. Furthermore, since God is spirit … God does not exist.

Place your bets folks. :laughing: