i've decided to settle

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Let’s put it this way. Some people are happy to reproduce within any kind of environment. Some are more demanding. You can be homeless and reproduce. Not a difficult thing to do. But that’s shortsighted. You don’t care about the future. You just reproduce and hope you will get lucky. Like an animal. Often, such organisms reproduce in great quantities. The greater the number of moves, the higher the chances one of them will work. It’s a primitive strategy. Often promoted by PUA’s who think that alphas do nothing but reproduce whereas women and betas take care of the children. Unintelligent people. Nomadic minds. As our intelligence increases, so our moves become more precise and fewer in number. So we have people who do not want to reproduce outside of healthy family unit, and at the top, we have people who do not want to reproduce outside of healthy social unit e.g. folk. If these conditions are not met, they will focus their energies, not on reproduction, but on restoring these conditions . . . or they simply go extinct because they don’t want to go back to being an animal. Most of you are happy to be an animal.

MA,

I haven’t seen stats on how our intelligence has increased in the last 10,000 years. I believe there are still missing links in evolutionary theory hence it’s still regarded as theory.

So describe how our intelligence has increased (URL links to what you’re referring to would help)?

What conditions must be met so all discriminating folks will reproduce?

What does “be an animal” mean?

Being an animal means being shortsighted. With no memory of the past and with no plans for the future. Living in the moment. It also means being an egoist: with no interest in social cooperation, no interest in public life, no interest in other people, no perception of them at all, no respect for their rank at all.

I never said our IQ has increased in last whatever number of years. I simply described what happens as our IQ increases.

If it hasn’t increased then how can you describe the increase? Our understanding has increased, not our intelligence as it is ever measured. With all the chemical additives and genetic modification to our food sources combined with more sedentary lifestyles, brain capacities have likely declined. People don’t even exercise their memories anymore, most do not remember the top ten phone numbers that they call.

MA wrote

Does this apply to spiritual matters as well?

I am simply describing different ways you can interact with the world and associating some of them with lower level of intelligence simply because they involve little to no thinking.

Would you agree that an organism that has no regard for consequences is unintelligent?

Such an organism may feel perfectly comfortable with its decisions but they nonetheless remain poor decisions in comparison to decisions of those organisms that feel perfectly comfortable to think before they act.

Higher intelligence displays restraint: selectivity regarding the manner in which one spends one’s energy. It makes fewer but more precise, thus more effective, moves.

Lower intelligence displays no restraint. It makes as many random, thoughtless, moves as possible with the hope that at least some of them will do the job.

Intelligent people wait, restraining themselves from every kind of activity, basically resting, in order to accumulate enough strength so that they can then attempt to resolve the main problem.

Unintelligent people, on the other hand, are divided. They want to resolve the main problem but . . . they also want to live. Unwilling to make sacrifices, they end up siding with the superficial.

You can’t have it both ways.

One of the main problems of the modern era is the fact that social roles have become too flexible. There is simply too much mobility and this is even encouraged. Everyone is free to be whatever they want to be. So, for example, a child of a peasant can nowadays become a lawyer, and this is even encouraged, since being a lawyer means more money and more popularity. Peasants are even shamed for being peasants and thus stimulated to compete for higher positions. The fact that such mobility makes people weaker, in terms of potentials they possess, is ignored. The focus is elsewhere . . . on money, on popularity, on pleasure, on peace. Noone aims for strength anymore.

When you find the lucky woman, manni, don’t forget to show her your Cheating Wife art piece.

In fact…you should probably hang it in your joint bedroom…right above the marital bed.

This one is 26. 11 years younger than me. Her face has been cropped to protect the innocent. Anyone who says they’d rather have a 40 years old, all things being equal, is out of their minds.

The picture says that there is no meaning to life and that death is both inevitable and final and that is all I really need to know

Acquiring knowledge and accepting death and being alone as much as possible is what works for me as I have no family or friends

I can be alone and content with my life and so can Trixie if she engaged in some positive thinking so please teach her how to meditate

I am 52 and so a 40 year old is younger than me but I would still choose her over a 26 year old any day

Since she will have more life experience and that is something more important than beauty at my age

Though I am both celibate and a loner and so have no need for a woman as I am content the way I am

s57 wrote

Why is there no meaning? So if death is final for the human body, what of your eternal soul where your consciousness dwells?

Interesting how you have managed to convince your self the
soul truly exists despite there being no evidence for it at all

So women in their 40s+ cannot be beautiful? Mon dieu #-o

Lovely example of a non sequitur that you have demonstrated there Mags
I guess any woman over forty I find beautiful must be lying about her age

Once you know MagsJ, you get to know she’s absolutely terrible at logical reasoning.

No I’m not content with your loser philosophy. You are like darth vader, who lives in a sterile robot body suit, trying to drag me down to the lowest levels of the dark side. Maybe that’s why you believe you are a fleshbot and souls don’t exist.

It is you, Surrep, who has misunderstood the reply.

Your reply bears absolutely no relevance to what I actually said

How is your philosophy any less loser philosophy than his? I would say he is far more honest than you are. That already makes him more of a winner than you are.