Why don’t demons actually exist?

Because in sci fi the only limitation is imagination whereas in nature it is reality

The original sin may be a lot of hooey. One battle is between thinking thoughts versus feeling emotions. It seems to me that people/souls here enjoy thinking more than feeling. Is thinking easier than feeling? Is thinking more foreign, more of a novelty during a physical existence? Since two of the three spiritual planes/realms I visited were made of emotions, that would make sense that Man’s soul would choose the difference of thinking experiences over feeling experiences. Perhaps there is not enough challenge in Heaven or Hell, so middle Earth was created.

Demons could be souls who choose to forget their identity or versely choose to embrace their identity on Earth. Hmmm?

Thinking is harder than feeling because it is not automatic and sometimes requires serious mental energy. Feeling is easier but also
on occasion worse because one has no choice in how one actually feels. That is or at least should be the opposite of how one thinks

I thought you did have that control over your emotions. Thinking only feels hard due to the slow processing speed of the brain. It often get’s overheated.

If feeling is easier then why do you try to avoid it?

WendyDarling

I would have thought it harder. I have never experienced emotional realms, so I wonder if emotions are simply earthly and an aspect of being able to feel. Thinking isn’t the same and only humans can do it.

What does the op say to you about this world though, have you ever wondered why it isn’t worse? I know one usually complains about how bad it is, but I just thought its worth investigating why it isn’t worse.

It appears everything done that, so possibly yes. But we are still in a world without them.

Aren’t there documented demon possessions?

Amorphos wrote

Animals think and feel.

you’re right, animals do think. don’t know if they can think about other realms n stuff tho. I have seen a horse on magic mushrooms tho, so who knows. :stuck_out_tongue:

And did it amuse you so?

How did said horse acquire said shrooms?

What, creatures like human beings, you mean?

Well the world has got to be something and this is what it is. Even if it was worse you could still be asking why it’s not worse still. If you think it’s better than it should be then why not settle for that and be grateful?

Yes, I was out of my head though. …but I’d still find it funny, just the look on its face [hmm that may also have been the mushrooms].

It was stood in a field full of them, didn’t seam to care if it ate them or not.

Fair point, but I can imagine far worse things, like aliens with bigger brains, teeth, bodies, and acid blood of course. Oh and breathes fire and flies etc.

The world doesn’t have to be anything. I could indeed ask why its not worse if it were, but I’d be existing somehow all the same. I’ll be grateful if I still exist after death and am in a better world ~ that would be worth it then.

Yes but then these aliens could probably imagine something worse than themselves and so it goes on.

well there are limits, its just that there hasn’t been anything that would mean intelligence didn’t eventually happen. my point. its a circle no? I mean perhaps that potential drives existence, and our potential means everything that came before it had to ultimately lead up to that. otherwise we are led to something-from-nothing paradoxes ~ I mean without the potential of our existence we couldn’t exist.

I do not try to avoid it but have reached a point now where it is generally benign for I am
usually calm and relaxed and quite detached so have no reason to worry about how I feel

Have emotions lost their meaning to you since they are benign? Why detached? How are you different or better than a computer without emotions?

What separates me from a computer without emotions is that I actually
have some. Though nowadays focus more on developing my logical side

Demons would not necessarily need a physical body nor would angels. Energy beings/entities could exist. They could tweak ours and animal brains to cause an action or behavior. Ever watch an animal stare at nothing and watch it move its head as if following something? A cat or dog growl at nothing? What do they sense that we cannot? Recorded energy anomaly occurs from time to time.
If demons live on this planet and want to continue mayhem and hell, they would limit what they do. You try not to destroy your home or toys.

^^ yea cats chase imaginary insects which appear then disappear and the cats noticeably stop chasing them.

When we can observe brains working, measure and duplicate >all< of the information, there wont be any information outside of that. Conversely, even if physical info of a spiritual encounter only shows a mirage, that info is composed somehow. I don’t think they can tweak biology, because if an intelligence at least equal to our own could do that, then evolution would have happened quicker or they could have made us straight away. Neither of these suppositions actually occurred.
My conclusion; if existent, then energy/light beings [metaphoric names I assume] can observe and ‘inform’ [like a book, film or speech], but not physically change anything. If they can, they never have, and aren’t physically changing anything.

Surely a wise G/god/ess would ‘allow’ things to manifest naturally anyhow, so G/god/esse’s are more likely to be observers and perhaps judges with no earthly powers.

Animals nurture and yet allow freedom for their young to choose ways. If your child was born an adult with adult knowledge and wisdom would it be a complete being? Or what if you never allowed your child to get hurt, cause pain to others, make others sad or laugh or give joy?
There is a lot needed in experience and not just for individuals but for species as well. Change the above child to species.
We guide our children but, we cannot overprotect. We nudge here and there, we change things sometimes.
Any entity or entities developing a new species would know to allow true experience not just knowledge. Love is not easily described even by those that have experience.
Would an entity/entities leave us alone and observe after creating us or any sentient species or, or any evolving species?? Well there must be at least one reason for creation , so what could that reason be or reasons? Could be entertainment, could be education, could be an eventual equal or servant species. Could be successors. Could be some incomprehensible reason.
All of that would decide interference or leave them alone.
Sometimes there are inexplicable jumps in knowledge, then there seems to be backward leaps. What motivates these? Simply us trying to grow? Probably but, there is a lot of questions that are unanswered about weird things showing up. Energy, paintings, carvings, life forms.
An energy entity can affect without notice or otherwise.
Our earth is young in this universe. Why is a form of electrical energy vital to brain function??? Chemical is needed now but, will it always be so? How does entire TV shows travel through a cable or air or radio travel through air?
The biggest question I have is why religion? If entities control why need religion and its bigotry? Growth, challenge, overcoming the bigotry increasing it? Could it be an effort to split a species into true evolved beings, different yet same just like siblings or just cruelty ?