Hellenism

satyr said this…

your thoughts?

No, Hellenism is not superior. Men who ride the waves to fish are preferred to men who ride the waves to rape, pillage, and murder.

Are you another of Satyr’s sturdy mules?

No I was sharing quotes to generate discussion on the subject

The traits of superiority that man maintained, an ability to rationally dissect, to convert energy into creativity through imagination and produce tools to serve a purpose, it is this intelligence that places man above all…

I’m not sure if rape and murder actually existed then the way it does now. So I think they were superior, perhaps not morally so, but what does that mean when it comes to a hostile environment?

Hellenistic cultures are interesting but my latest obsession has been Incan, Mayan, Aztec, and Polynesian ancient civilizations.

Cultural superiority is irrelevant. A non-issue.

Yeah and fat people are “big boned”… :laughing:

If western civilization was superior, why is it destroying itself and letting itself be overrun or supplanted?

It seems to me the reoccurring cycle of human history is that when a civilization reaches a zenith of advancement it eventually destroys itself from within. Fermi’s paradox anyone?

Obviously not if it can’t withstand the test of time…

Did any culture truly withstand the test of time for long?

I guess for any group to do that, they must first perceive reality as it is - perceive the causes of why cultures weaken and get destroyed, introduce rules to prevent this happening to them to protect the foundation upon which a society is built, and be willing and capable to enforce these rules.

Who cares what you prefer? Fishing and conquest (rape, pillage, murder) are not mutually exclusive, by the way.

That’s kinda the point, isn’t it? No culture or civilization has.

Perceive and enforce what exactly?

Why do men believe that every environment is hostile? How do we know that what they “created” was their own not stolen from another culture brought back on their boats or mules?

Autsider wrote

I care and so may other women. Men who listen and also hear tend to live longer, happier lives.

The broader picture could be that attitude you expressed by typing, “Who care what you prefer?” becoming the antithema of women. Perhaps Amazonian days are upon us since men refuse to cooperate and defer to women in general and have exhibited this tendency since the dawn of Man. Men have dismissed women for a long-assed time and that may be coming to an end where men are now realizing that they are being dismissed in return.

it seems to me that men have always dismissed women’s dismissiveness, which allows them to maintain authority over them…which is apart of dominating them into attentiveness

Thanks for arguing my point for me MP. Women are much stronger than they are enslaved to believe.

Exactly, I agree. The chances of that happening are very slim, but I guess you’d say they are non-existent, right?

I meant perceive the patterns in reality (nature) outside of human social constructs, specifically this cycle:

[tab][/tab]

The key is to figure out how to maintain good times in the long-term, instead of letting good times create weak men, and then weak men fucking it all up , which is the natural way of how things go. If people blindly follow their instincts and emotions then they end up endlessly repeating this cycle whilst remaining clueless of it. Like a caterpillar :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-HV3MwXBo [/youtube]

The human ape perpetually going in circles, thinking he’s going somewhere, that he is “progressive”, going forward, when he’s merely blindly following his instincts and surrendering to natural processes of growth and decay. Then when shit hits the fan these same imbeciles will wonder “how did it get so bad”, never questioning their initial premises, not realizing how they contributed to it.

Strong men manage to dominate nature and accumulate excess energies (resources) in a society, creating good times. By dominate nature I mean, fight off other societies, and successfully extract energy from the environment. Anyway, when the good times are created because of strong men and strong principles, then and only then can degeneracy set in - liberalism, pacifism, feminism, equality, welfare state - none of these can exist in nature. They are fundamentally parasitic and weak and can only latch on to an already successful host which they then proceed to destroy, they themselves can not become successful. This is why it is so ironic when such degenerate ideologies then claim to be “progressive”.

Basically, this natural cycle has to be recognized, and then rules have to be put forward to prevent the system from ever degenerating into liberalism, pacifism, feminism, and all other forms of degeneracy.

But due to reality-inversion I spoke about in my reality-denial thread, a realistic approach to politics will be shunned by the majority precisely because it is realistic - it exposes the masses to a reality they wish to remain ignorant of. They’d much rather be seduced with nice sounding, fantasy words, even if it ultimately spells their doom - “humane”, “justice”, “equality,” love", “peace”…

So yeah I’d agree with you in your pessimism, though instead of pessimism I’d call the same viewpoint realism. Humans will most likely forever keep going through these cycles, oblivious of what’s going on. It’s all rather pathetic in its predictability when you look at it from an outsider perspective, isn’t it?

Haha, amazons? Adorable.

My point was that conquerors aren’t exactly going to ask you if you prefer being raped, pillaged and murdered, will they? Silly girl, thinking the world revolves around your preferences.

Dominating them into attentiveness doesn’t mean negating their power as much as you think it does, in fact, it can be quite the opposite where they become incredibly strong and powerful, their modern enslavement is the result of a lack of regulation. Your’e stuck in a world where it’s women vs men, you’re fighting a lone battle because it doesn’t actually exist as much as you think it does…

Enslaved to believe? by whom? Men?

Then in another post you write that men pretty much dismiss women…

So if men are dismissing women and not paying attention to them, and yes it’s quite a literal dismissal(judging by all the stats)…then who are all these men enslaving women into believing that they are powerless?

Nobody is doing shit to them, they are free, right…, then be free and powerful as much as you can, so what’s stopping you, and them?

ahhh, but it’s the nature of the power is what it all comes down to, doesn’t it… where in your mind, women are ONLY powerful in relationship to exceeding men…and if they don’t then oooh,… the oppressive men are keeping you down… it’s the same victimhood mentality everywhere…

you’re like this because you are not regulated because you have been conditioned to think any regulation over you is a negative oppressive thing, then when youre free from it you fall into self-deprecation…and if this is not the case, then you must be free and powerful, right…whatever the hell that means?..

you have a problem with reality and your gender in relationship to it…you are disordered…this is why you are attracted to the mannequin, because you can relate to somekind of perceived chaos initially, which are the headlights…then i introduce order slowly, which is the hook… which relates to need…trixie is attracted for the same reasons…

But my name is Markus
I observe from the table tops,
parrots, budgies and mannikins
as my mother’s baby cradle rocks…

These are of high places, living kings dwelling up in the walls…

Don’t you see them all down there, scoffing on their food, grunting, stinking… can hardly call it digesting…

You can’t even see it! You are a softer version of pandora, yes fucked up, but more inclined to submit…this time period is unfortunate for you, as it is for many others, especially with the feminization of men, will bring an even more worrying level of dismissiveness, but not the negative kind, but a natural indifference, a dissinterest…fools like you think feminization will make the communication smoother…and men and women can finally love each other like they are suppose to, or some stupid bullshit like that…

Are you confused? like that pandora whore who supports all this modern freedom feminzation of men stuff and how women will be powerful and eventually rule, then at same time tells men to man up…

feel free to judge your importance to me on the length on this post…

In general, used and dismissed about sums up the relationship men perpetrate against women. I, myself, wish for most men to explore outerspace with all your technology and science, while us women help to heal Mother Nature here. You can explore, conquer, and destroy other worlds for The Glory, for shits and giggles, I don’t give a fuck, but transport your shitty, destructive, dreams elsewhere. 80% of men are not needed here, maybe more like 90%. We’ll keep the fires of home going while you are away. Happy trails, now beat feet and fly off sooner before you kill us all.

While I am amused at Satyr’s ‘mature child’ romanticism of Greece, the fact is the origins of Greece are shrouded in mystery. They date back to the time of Abraham, 18th century BCE, or perhaps even earlier, but historians disagree as to where the Greeks came from. They could have been people migrating down from Asia down through Europe and settling in the Greek Isles, or they could have been seafaring people who settled along the coast, Satyr has chosen the seafaring origin, the more romantic version.

While admiring the Greek contributions to civilisation, it is easy to forget what Greek society was really like.

For example, the “Spartan lifestyle”. Tough for little seven year old boys, taken from their parents forced to live in military style barracks and subsisting on barely enough to survive, because to be Spartan meant to be tough.

Aristotle argued in his Politics (VII.16) that killing children was essential to the functioning of society. He wrote:

“There must be a law that no imperfect or maimed child shall be brought up. And to avoid an excess in population, some children must be exposed [i.e. thrown on the trash heap or left out in the woods to die]. For a limit must be fixed to the population of the state.”

To be fair Aristotle isn’t saying “I like killing babies,” but he is making a cold, rational calculation: over-population is dangerous; this is the most expedient way to keep it in check.

Then there was the practice of pederasty. Indeed, the sexual initiation of a young boy by an older man was considered the highest form of love and vital part of a boys education.

Plato wrote of this in his Symposium (178C):

“I, for my part, am at a loss to say what greater blessing a man can have in earliest youth than an honorable [older] lover …”

The Greeks believed or believe that the human being is the centre of all things, even Greek gods were described in human terms. Greeks are men who are lovers of themselves.

This all seems unreasonably harsh? Perhaps, but it is much closer to the truth, than…