Why God is inherently right

That makes a lot sense Gib.

Kinda suggests that knowing little or nothing about your ancestors makes the “know thyself” task that much more difficult.

Take my case for example … if I knew that lots of my ancestors were really messed up … as in psycho … I would feel much better about my life :smiley:

:laughing: You must be joking. :wink: …unless you hide a side to yourself that’s completely hidden from us (or me).

In some cases, though, you have to wonder if a certain trait is really passed on genetically or just learnt. For example, they say that the cycle of abuse that is often seen in families where one or both parents abuse their children and that abuse repeats for the next generation, is a result of that very abuse–as in, if took the child from birth and handed him/her over to a couple of foster parents who did not abuse the kid, the cycle would be broken. Or would it? It’s hard to tell in these cases whether the abuse is purely learned, purely genetic, or a mix of both. There very well might be a gene that makes one quick to violence, or unable to control their angry outburst, or lacking the skill of solving problems through reason and discussion, etc. My thoughts in my last post make the most sense in regards to ancestors or family members whom you have had little contact with.

No … not at all

I don’t know of any history of mental illness in my extended family … nor are there any priests and the like.

Surely I qualify as “weird” or “misfit” … if not insane.

there is a side(s) of me completely hidden from me … I have always shared what I know about myself.

Pilgrim,

All misfits feel like they’re “insane”–it’s part and parcel of mis-fitting. But there are those who are genuinely psychotic, and there are those more like you and Wendy.

You guys are among the few who make humanity better.

Gib

You would have had a Muslim influence in your formative years?

pilgrim_tom wrote:

Sexual, spiritual, physical? …care to elaborate.

It must have had a great impact on you, for you to pursue counselling.

Maybe indirectly, but I wasn’t raised Muslim. My dad wasn’t a practicing Muslim. He came to Canada to get away from that culture. While he was raised Muslim, his father was a banker who instilled Western values and ideals into him. He encouraged my dad to find a better life in the West. When my dad came to Canada, he left all that behind. And when he raised me, he instilled those same Western values into me.

So while I can’t say a Muslim upbringing had any formative influence on me directly, it certainly must have for my father, and these kinds of influence don’t go away after one generation.

Shieldmaiden … the experience I refer to is the demarcation line between no conscious awareness and conscious awareness … the baby chick breaking through the egg shell. Here are some notes I wrote about this experience many years ago.

Gib … you are much too modest. Your lineage on your father’s side may well go back to the time of the City of UR … imagine how helpful it might be if you had all the data … might explain why your life is unfolding the way it is.

Apparently the records are in the Hindu Akashic and the Noosphere. :slight_smile:

For god so loves the world that in his idleness and absence allows cruelty or malice to manifest…bullshit if you ask me.

Joker, is that you?

What’re you naming yourself now? Mictlan… something… something?

I can imagine many a pain and trapped down a mineshaft forever scenarios without death and ends tho?

gib, does trump need to build a wall along the Canadian border as well then lol [cos of all dem muslims]. only jokin mate. :slight_smile:

Just don’t tell him I live here :wink:

Dao De Jing … Chapter 47

shi = man of learning

Yes, Aztec god of the dead and underworld. Figure I would go by a new name nobody can pronounce.

Yes, I’m still having difficulty with it. :laughing:

I’ve succeeded in my goal then. :wink:

Gib is a respected member of ILP … I like him … his keen intellect … his generous tolerance … his delectable sense of humor … I still think he is a “reluctant Saint”.

When Gib is “on his game” so to speak … he is virtually unbeatable.

Some ILP members are discussing the convergence of science and religion in another OP … how does Gib address the issue?

Now let’s slide over to philosophy … to Bigous’s now infamous question … “How ought one live in the here and now?”

I’m waiting for Gib to suggest to Bigous …

Et Voila … we have the convergence of Science … Philosophy … and Religion.

Thanks Pilgrim, but really, that’s overkill. :wink:

You do realize I have an unhealthy obsession with my own ego, don’t you? :laughing:

Pilgrim, I’m going to reply to this in a PM.

Don’t keep it all to yourself, Saint Gib.

Mere mortals also need to drink in those holy words. O:)