god context

the idea i have been thinking of for some time

while believers will pick a side “is there only one God?” or “is there multiple Gods?” … i think these ideas reconcileable

meaning one can believe in one God and multiple Gods at the same time

Christianity tends to be a one God standpoint

Pretty sure Hinduism tends to be a multiple God standpoint

What i am getting at, is that an all powerful God can create other/lesser Gods. One can draw a box around all these Gods. Who created these Gods? God.

You CAN believe in multiple Gods, and ALSO believe in ONE God.

yeah the question is “God in what context?”

No, you can’t, because I will ban all Abrahamic religions.

Ah, yes.

I like to take my theology on this. The faith of The Omniverse being an impersonal God, personal Gods within our Universe, and a theosis speciation.

I consider The Omniverse as the one and only God. I consider every great celestial body to be a deity by its own regard. I also believe that there is currently an ongoing process of our own species’ deification, or theosis.

This could be viewed as anything between atheist to monotheist to henotheist to polytheist and beyond. It’s atheist because I don’t believe in any spiritual beings or Gods, it’s monotheist because it emphasis the belief in one God - the Omniverse. It’s henotheistic because it celebrates the celestial deities for what they do and it’s polytheistic because it deifies those celestial deities.

This is the workings of Exaltism. To exalt what many consider to be natural things and to raise the species into deification status.

Don’t listen to Trixie, I’ll handcuff her because she gets the chance to ban those religions. :laughing:

Only religion I will ban is the Abrahamic religions. You seem like a traitor to me, what is this in your avatar about wanting to destroy religion? High treason is not dealt with lightly.

Also, your bullshit religion seems like an emotional reflex to fit in with the religious tards, like you want to call galaxies gods just so you can feel religious.

The scene comes from The Wall movie by Pink Floyd. In that scene/song, Roger Waters asks himself what he should do to separate himself from society, such as buying new guitars, driving more powerful cars, etc. The song never mentions religion, but the video shows a church being destroyed by the metaphorical wall that he built around himself. “Shall we destroy religion” is both satirical and also blatantly serious for me - I don’t want want to ‘destroy’ religion but I have very little use of it as it stands right now. I have never completely felt secure within one. Either I didn’t agree with the beliefs, or I didn’t agree with how it was practiced, or simply put, they never answered my phone calls. I’m just kind of through with religion in general - even though I’d like to make one of my own.

That is the most generalized, ignorant statement I have ever heard anyone utter. No, I do not believe in the spirit world, and I will probably never agree with anything Wendy spews out of her mouth - but there is nothing wrong with seeing nature as something divinely inspired. I mean, there’s a whole category of religious zeal based on that premise - the religious naturalists - the pagans - the pantheists, the pandeists, the panentheists, and the panendeists. I do not feel religious when I explain my religion to people, I feel like I am trying to get people to understand my point of view. There are things in nature that aren’t technically alive but can die, like stars, black holes, and maybe the Universe itself. So what is wrong with thinking that they could be alive in some way? I will not cave into spiritual superstitions or to secular nihilism.

Actually even Abraham’s god declares there are other gods right there in the 10 commandments. The Rabbis, priests and preachers just translate it to the only God. And that is purely for control reasons.

Of course you all know my quibble here…

That gap between what you believe about God and/or the Gods “in your head” and that which you are able to demonstrate that all reasonable/rational men and women are obligated to believe in turn.

Or, sure, you can argue that God and/or the Gods created the part “in our head” so that all it is ever necessary to believe is that you do believe it.

And that makes it true. For you, in other words. Then it becomes necessary for those who do not believe to demonstrate to you that God and/or the Gods doesn’t/don’t exist.

And then with any luck you can take this consoling and comforting frame of mind with you all the way to the grave.

I sure wish I could.

I’m ignorant because I dont believe galaxies are gods and stardust is alive…Ok.

All I did was come up with an explanation; a reconciliation of the idea that there is “one God” and “multiple Gods”. Why two things that seem mutually exclusive at first need not be

My viewpoint is more in terms of what is possible and not what I actually think people believe. Its a way for some people to start to get on the same page if they want to try

That is a gross-generalization. I don’t believe galaxies and stardust is alive nor are they Gods. The ‘living’ part comes in when stars form and galactic holes are made. They get created, they exist for some time and then they disappear. In that sense, you could say something like that is borderline-d alive. I’m not necessarily saying they are alive in the same sense that plants and animals are alive, but they have a life-cycle just like you and I. Their’s just happens to be much longer than ours.