Serious Question

People often say that they know things as well as they know the backs of their own hands, probably a bunch of you are guilty of this, too.

How much time have each of you or any of you actually spent getting to know the backs of your hands? How well do you all actually know your own bodies? Therefore, how can you adequately or truthfully state that you know anything as well as the backs of your own hands the way insinuated when said? And, wouldn’t it be worthy of note that some things you actually know BETTER than the backs of your own hands?

Do you know how many hairs, how many wrinkles, where each of the many wrinkles and hairs are? Moles, birth defects, slight discolorations, scars, etc.?

Think about it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI4Ojgz5Qo4[/youtube]

No way could I count scars, hairs or wrinkles but, if there was a photo of my hand next to another photo of a hand similar to mine, I am pretty darn sure I would know which was mine.
Memory does not always give details, it does tend to give answers learned. Details are tools to get answers.

What if someone were to forge the backs of your hands to fuck with you. They had a photo of a hand very similar to yours that they put similar scars, etc. on that on a glimpse, you would not be able to tell the difference? People make convincing forgeries all the time in both physicality and spirituality and mentality, obviously they could forge such a thing and you would claim up and down that both were your hand.

My subconscious knows every cell of every hair, so in a sense I could say ‘I’ do know it. In that sense when we make the statement, then we are saying we know something as if its as like that. You know your town and its streets like the back of your hand, but you don’t know every facet of them. Equally we know roads by a map, and we do know that as its a simplification. Being that doesn’t mean maps aren’t true, and in the same sense ‘knowing’ like the back of your hand can be vague and exact ~ because you only need to know up to a point to be able to say you know, otherwise we’d be saying maps aren’t true.

Who you are isn’t who you were ten years ago. You no longer know who you were, no longer truly remember it. Who you’ll be in ten years is not who you are now, if you were to meet them today, you would not know yourself.

Dude, under what circumstances and reason would they go to all that work??? No, No , do not make up a scenario where I am some head of state or other…
why would someone go to so much work to do this to someone who ain’t got nothing?

So maps aren’t right? I haven’t changed one bit and I’m 53. everything about me has changed, but I am still the same chunk of aether being manipulated by physical information. You don’t get part people, no matter how diseased, old or disabled, and irrespective of time. That’s the point; you are one and not a fraction, even where everything in the world are fractions and not one. This is the contradiction of our identity and equally of reality itself.

There are lot’s of scenarios where, you as you are, no head of state but as an every day average, normal person, many things would want to do so to fuck with you, to be you, to take over your life and possibly a variety of other reasons. I could go in depth but then we deal with varying personalities, varying reasons and it is complex and convoluted, hard to do so.

Maps do change; or, more precise, it’s not the maps that change, but the shape of the land. Beyond that, you take on faith that the map-makers were able to create an actual good depiction of the land with those maps. You say you haven’t changed one bit and are 53… you should know better, but then you’ve been looking at the parts of yourself that have not changed, perhaps been refusing to change with what perhaps has been trying to get you to change. You have changed significantly and refuse to admit it. Your point, whatever you make of it and how you seek to make it is irrelephant. And, like any irrelephant is trumpeting and making noise like a son of a bitch.

RF, give me one plausible scenario. I have nothing, I am a nobody, I am so far down the totem pole at work that my butt is in the dirt. Who the hell would go to so much work for zero benefits?

ass, cash or gas, nobody rides for free. There is never such a thing as zero benefits. There is, similarly, nothing in eternity or reality that is free. Your butt is in the dirt? For the longest time, my dick was in the dirt as so many things knocked me around like an unwanted woody and eternity is a long time for me to catch up on all the fucking I missed out on in this life.

You rebuke my argument with words from the urban dictionary lol. The point was about simplicity of maps which do the job, and the map itself is specifically what it is irrespective of change and content variance, you will still get to london if you use the map no matter what small changes occur in the background. Would you say there are part-people? Or that the transient factors are you - the whole? To me such things float through the mind and and are largely irrelevant. Why change relative to random factors? Learn yes, change ones attitude or approach etc, sure, but that’s still the same you making those superficial changes. One thing is the computer and the other thing just data, now would you say any amount of data changes the pc? [programming is a different argument before you jump to that].

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BtquTKw78[/youtube]

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
I can take or leave it if I please

That game of life is hard to play
I’m gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I’ll someday lay
So this is all I have to say

That suicide is painless

The sword of time will pierce our skin
It doesn’t hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger, watch it grin

That suicide is painless
And I can take or leave it if I please

A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are key
Is it to be or not to be
And I replied oh why ask me

That suicide is painless
And I can take or leave it if I…

That suicide is painless

That suicide is painless
And you can do the same thing if you please

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4[/youtube]

Hello darkness, my old friend
I’ve come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
‘Neath the halo of a streetlamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
No one dare
Disturb the sound of silence

“Fools” said I, “You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you”
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said “The words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence”

Ok, hon I do not get stoned anymore, that was when I was a teen , want to try sober work???

Rf, Oh well if your putting sound of silence against my ass, then I give in, you win. :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean sober work like the work you did, Kris, when you asked the question ‘how do you know you exist’ in all seriousness?

And Amorphos, I tired of arguing with you. At 53, regardless, you have still much to learn. Do you know that some beings have lived thousands of years only to learn what shorter-lived beings learned in just 30? Relativity, beyond what Einstein attributed to just the speed of light and information traveling; and yet, there are still those aged 53 and older who have not even begun their journey or experienced what others have in 30 or 300 or 3000 years. If we want to look at me as being high or drunk when I talk of thing beyond our own lives, beyond our current knowledge as if they are true, why not; instead of deferring them or snubbing them; actually look at the evidence that is there beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt that such things are true, because if you did such a thing, you would not so easily make fun of them or snub them.

Quite literally, I have seen things make use of all of evil’s intents and malice just for simple practical jokes; humor. Would it be so out of the blue and impossible that things would forge even a copy of your hand, Kris, for the simple reason of confusing you or implicating you in something, framing you even when you think you have nothing, for some later use beyond the flesh?

You asked me for a situation, a realistic one, that such would be done; I gave it. You’re a woman, are you not? I am a man. I will be a man for quite some time in the spirit and in eternity and you will be a woman. My dick goes hard on occasion when I must take matters into my own hands. In an afterlife, beyond the flesh, I would definitely secure myself a ‘harem’, so to speak, of strong-willed women and beyond those, at least a few weak-willed women for them to prey on, to pick on, to ‘eat’. I would seek to gain what I could not get in the flesh of this singular life which would stand out from all other lives I were to live, the life where I played the role of ruler of creation, master of reality, and missed out on many of the creature comforts of life. I could see myself collecting a few hearts and souls for the task of simply taking care of my dicks needs in the afterlife. Surely, people have done great actions and spurred things into movement for less reason than that?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0[/youtube]

So; again, take a gander at the backs of your hands. How well have you known them all those times you might have said you know things as well as them and then consider how well you actually knew those things you claimed such for and begin to look over your lives for things you might have missed along the way.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo[/youtube]

Almost heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze.

Country roads, take me home to the place I belong.
West Virginia, mountain mamma, take me home, country roads.

All my memories gather round her, miner’s lady, stranger to blue water.
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky, misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye.

I hear her voice in the morning hour, she calls me, the radio reminds me of my home far away.
And driving down the road I get a feeling that I should have been home yesterday, yesterday.

West Virginia, mountain mamma, take me home, country roads

Take me home now, country roads,
Take me home now, country roads.