What are you doing? (Part 1)

I meant profile your car. Many years back I used to drive a riced out Nissan Sentra with tinted windows, and cops looved to stop it, and for the stupidest reasons. I never got a ticket, but then again, I never really did anything wrong. Glad I got rid of that stupid car. Also, cops can run your plate number through their database before they pull you over (usually for misdemeanors/felonies). Speed/light cameras are even more annoying, because they’re not based on human judgement. Just maintain situational awareness and get Waze, it can assist you in being aware of police in vicinity. It has helped me quite a few times, though I usually drive like a granny. :mrgreen:

That is exactly what was missing, I was thinking about other things.

Some interesting movies I saw recently worth mentioning:
Manchester by the Sea - very good realistic drama, like dramas should be. A bit on a heavy side, but still realistic. The soundtrack music could have been a little bit more original. I get what they were trying to create, but I think they could have done it in a more original way.
Passengers - I thought it would be so-so, but I actually liked it. (plus the guy was cute too)
The Zero Theorem - a uniquely-made movie with a philosophical twist (Buddhist themed?), similar to Pi. A lot of people didn’t like it, but I liked it. I thought it was different.
Snowpiercer - I wanted to see this movie for a while now. I get it’s supposed to be about (balance in) social structure, but there were also a few inconsistencies in it. Plus, I could see there were several things thrown in just for contrast/shock value (probably came from the Korean side of imagination)
I guess it could be classified as Randian?

Manchester by the Sea reminded me of the Italian movie Deep in the Wood (In Fondo al Bosco), 2015, another realistic drama piece. Both movies have a similar theme of unintentional carelessness on the part of main character, usually traced to a character flaw/weakness, which leads to life-changing devastating consequence. In both movies, the viewer is sympathetic to the main character because the damage was unintentional, but at the same time, it was due to an individual human failing, which could have been corrected. I really do wish we had more movies like this, instead of emphasizing superhuman/lucky traits of main characters, superheroes basically. Maybe if people saw the real consequences of careless behaviors they would think twice about driving while drunk or doing drugs, and for once think of how they are affecting people around them. These things do happen in real life, and people should not take these things lightly.

Can’t sleep, insomnia kicking in, i slept a few hours…going to admire my gains in the mirror for 5 minute, then make a cuppa tea…then lay on sofa watching netflix…see if anything new has been added.

Resting my back and watching daytime TV. A lawyer commercial just described a person as being fatally injured in an accident… What the hell is the difference between being fatally injured and killed??

nothing, it’s apart of the political correctness

It is just stupid.

no

Merlin and I just finished watching the new The Legend of Tarzan movie. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupright: Happy endings are infectious, few feel good movies are made today.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BthWg9r3ghA[/youtube]

There was some serious eye candy in that movie too. :wink:

Yes it is, you are killed, dead, Fatally injured is just stupid.

I don’t see lawyers as being careless with terminology. In law, every word counts. I think they’re being very deliberate with their wording. Naturally, the ad must have been aimed at the surviving relatives, but who is liable is not established (nor potential liable parties), the only thing that is known is that a person died (hey, maybe it’s nobody’s else’s fault and there’s no wrongful death?). Real life cases are never really clear cut, especially when it comes to pointing fingers of blame. For example, fatal injury has to end in death, but it doesn’t have to be instant death and there may be multiple intervening factors involved, or even multiple liable parties (defenders). A person could have been in coma for a while, or disabled for a while and had to go through multiple surgeries, one of which lead to his death. So, although the immediate cause might have been a complication due to surgery, the original cause can still be traced to the accident, or party (or not). That would be fought over in court between defender (or multiple defenders if multiple parties are identified) and prosecution.
With multiple defense parties involved, you are also likely to get a lot of cross-claims, as everybody will try to shift the blame on each other, or even back on the original claimant. Just imagine a car pile accident with multiple injuries (and possible multiple deaths), who sues who? Everybody’s going to be suing and counter-suing everyone else. Usually, every imaginable party will get picked on. So, even ‘wrongful death’ has to be proven, and ‘killed by’ also has to be proven. In that sense, ‘fatally injured’ sounds the most neutral, since it would be known for a fact. Also remember, there are people who engage in frivolous litigation (usually for money) and lawyers do not want to loose face in court by taking on fraudulent cases. So that way, they also get to cover their own…reputation.

That makes sense, Thankyou.

Thinking about picking up a hooker this week.

This place has a good selection of those
m.basspro.com/Fishing/_/T-12100000000
:slight_smile: :wink: :slight_smile:

im in bed, super sore from work out .it’s really bad too. :frowning:

Pick up a bag of Epsom salt , put 2 or 3 cups in your bathtub filled with water as hot as you can stand then soak in the tub for as long as you can.

Wide awake… after drinking a coffee this evening :open_mouth: but I’m using the time wisely to get our Conservative Federation’s membership records up to date in time for our AGM next month… there’s a lot to do, and events and leafleting sessions/campaigning etc. to attend from now till then.

Good thing I’ve got some nights out and weekends away planned with friends and family, respectively, to offer me reprieve from politics.

im fucking bored, im going to the gym…get the hell out of my way

What body part(s) you training? I’ve started dreaming of weights/of holding them… it’s a positive sign.

Sleep now finally calls, so political activity can wait for a few more hours to be continued.

i did triceps/shoulders, and a little biceps/back