I am a trash can.

Mmmm. Garbage. I love garbage.

Fill me with your garbage – how are you? What have you been up to?

Same shit.Work 7 days a week , study, clean things, etc, etc.
And you??

Been very busy. Confucius believed that wealth and station are a matter of fate. If that’s true, fate has been kind to me indeed. Spent some time bouncing around America and then the world. Settled and happily married now, shit is good.

I’m on the verge of a life-changing career transition, my dog is going to be 16 this year, and I’ve been paying far too much attention to the U.S. social and political climate.

Did you settle in America, or somewhere out there in the world?

ILP Trash talk. :mrgreen:

Garbology is also an academic field of study, and waste management has always been a lucrative business. In Italy (especially in Naples), mafia owns trash collection business and makes a lot of money out of it. It doesn’t allow any one else to manage it and charges its own rates for collection and disposal. (I think they still burn their trash in open air, which is sad, because now they have a problem with increase in asthma and allergies in children, but the alternative is that you’d breed dysentery and accompanying diseases)
Mafia takes over trash business in Italy:
video.vice.com/en_us/video/the- … dc40d5f32d

The Secret life of Garbage:
dailymotion.com/video/x3x21j9

Nuclear Waste Disposal sites in US, Canada, and Europe:

Pandora,

I remember when I was a kid the garbage collectors striked. The city caved real quickly. After high school, my then girlfriend worked as a trash collector. Payed $20/hr starting which isn’t bad now and was an unimaginable amount of money for someone fresh out of High School. Unions work, it’s p cool.

Fuse,

I’m rocking it in California right now. It’s p sweet. My wife left the country for the first time recently (well, two years ago but that feels recent to me!) and it was a lot to get her to move away from her parents (her family is very close). It’s a sweet place to be and I strongly recommend it to anyone. It’s expensive but “you get what you pay for” if that makes sense. I’m not thrilled with what I spend on rent but the juice is very much worth the squeeze.

Good for you. The fates are kind. I’m living in virtual poverty in the Midwest; but I’m happier than most believe I should be. I have a cat who is growing old along with me and who gives affection regardless of my beard and long hair. I play some guitar, write a poem now and then or read a book. I still visit ILP occasionally. It’s often a good distraction from hearing my own thoughts. I still fight major depression.

I’m glad you are happy. That makes me happy. Keep rocking out man, do you. If you are fighting major depression I hope you are rocking some therapy and medication as necessary. One of my favorite people in the world is my wife’s younger brother’s wife. She’s a great person but she also struggles with major depressive disorder.

Happiness is work. Keep going for it.