Is the devil the bad guy?

Love, God, good. This is the nymph. Order, to prevent hedonism. Ignorance and delusion, group tribalism.

Devil, is the tree of knowledge. Hedonism at knowing all things. All things are known so what is there to be done.

Can the human being handle a realm of no secrets? When all games are beaten, what is there to be done? Hell is a realm where one becomes conscious of why pain is pain, thus becoming immune to it. But once there is no danger, what is the point?

If there’s one thing people fear, it’s the truth becoming clear. All society is engineered to hide the truth, and for good reason. The ancient brain saw to it.

I think this is true for most people. However, I think that if ABSOLUTE truth (if it is such a thing) became clear, people would not be afraid of the truth becoming clear. This would involve all past circumstances that caused any initial fears.

Welcome to romanticism, so what?

Milton. Shelley.

You are at least 400 years late on the “maybe the Devil is the good guy” train.

So what?

I’d add William Blake. Read “The Marriage of Heaven and Hell”.

The devil derives in Jewish lore as a metaphor, it represents as you know, nature. Its main function in origins as far as I can deduce is summed up as ‘the deceiver’.

Now to the tree of hedonism - interesting one that. As an artist I like to rub out lines and remove all the checks and balances amongst things, such that its all free flowing as if a single amorphous mass. This gives one the entire repertoire ~ the whole world and not part/s of it. In real terms I try to do the opposite in terms of actions, behaviours, because when you make things real it evokes accompanying drives and various facets of that idea made manifest. Here the deceiver is attempting to engulf the whole in the same pool [repertoire], hence the result being hedonistic, a natural expression of being without limits.
Ergo perhaps it is not about secrets, but more that the act of revealing is also an act of manifesting. If you manifest the whole shitpool the world IS going to be a shitpool. Not to mention that its much more fun if secrets remain secrets. Otherwise there would be no secrets, and hence no originality? Something like the devious aspect of intellect is a necessary function, and isn’t itself deviant, all things being known would leave nothing left to reveal, invent or theorise etc.