Kinship

Why does the sun come up each morning? Why is the sky blue? How the hell should I know?? :smiley:

But since you asked …

1. Some argue that Confucius’s reluctance to discuss metaphysics with his followers stems from his fear of mass suicide.

2. Cain killed his brother Abel out of jealousy. Jealousy has been the fuel for so many human ills/weaknesses since time immemorial.

3. Frustration has driven people to madness since time immemorial … people who believed the “eternal” resided in the body were stupid enough to believe mutilating the ‘vessel’ would reveal the “eternal”.

4. There is nothing to fear but fear itself … FDR. Fear is symbolic of the darkness … mankind has been living in relative darkness since time immemorial … fear has always been unavoidable.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs[/youtube]

I have no idea, but it’s beautiful so let’s share a moment. :smiley: It’s playing on my youtube mix.

Tom wrote

It kind of does fit into a place within the flesh. The soul has proportions and placement in our physical bodies, but the soul body and the flesh body are cooperative but not liken one another.

Tom? Did I scare him off Mags?

…probably making himself a coffee… or a tea… that’s what I just did. :slight_smile:

Just finished listening to Divna Ljubojević Agni Partene … awesome!! Thanks

agree absolutely … IMO there is no way you can peel open the flesh to view the soul … and the soul body is exponentially more superior … brain/mind included.

… and out for a smoke too … yikes such a vile habit eh!

Tom,

I wasn’t asking about it’s potential in existence, I was asking about its specific location in each and every individual. Is Hope an actual embodiment, a sheathing of the soul? Obviously with abject violence and despair that sheathing is what, missing?

Tom wrote

I quit, but pine for it regularly.

A coffee / a smoke…? close enough :smiley:

I have the odd cig or roll-up… we all need a small vice or two :wink:

WD … you ask really hard questions … I’m no scholar/intellectual.

Let me try to share what I “see” …

I don’t “see” hope as a potential existence nor an actual embodiment.

I “see” hope as oxygen … at any given instance our body contains a certain amount of oxygen … enough to sustain life for a few minutes. If this finite amount of oxygen is not regularly replaced … well …

Most open air on the planet contains sufficient oxygen to support the human species … it’s quasi omnipresent … and we take what we need as we need it.

Seems to me there is some correlation between air quality on the planet and the aggregate human population. Maybe the increasing difficulty to extract the necessary oxygen from the air is analogous to the increasing difficulty to maintain a healthy degree of hope within.

Than again … maybe the above comments are a bunch of hogwash. :smiley:

Tom,

Your analogy is beautiful, perhaps a blending of our ideas the soul sheath filters/processes the air of Hope, rather than the err of Hope. While Hope may be in the air, one’s being needs the lungs of the soul to be healthy to extract what you are saying is near everywhere en masse.

WD … an exquisite completion of the analogy.

I’ll go out on a limb here … our thought exchange may be manifestation of the emerging phenomenon labelled “Collective Wisdom”. As I understand the notion … when two or more people put their ego(s) in their pocket … at least temporarily … and engage in friendly thought exchange … they end up in an unexpected ‘place’ … totally different from the ‘place’ they started from.

Isn’t there something in the NT to this effect … where 2 or more are gathered in my name … I’ll be there.

WD … some more emerging thoughts on your notion … “eternal flame of Hope”
While reflecting on your recent post the following thought raced between my ears … it didn’t stay long. :slight_smile:
The notion you labelled “eternal flame” may be thought of as a central source … a central fountain … for both Hope and Love.
While the thought was racing through the empty space in my mind … my memory coughed up a graphic I shared several months ago in another OP. The graphic was created by a young female Chinese visual communications student.
The centre of the graphic is what Chinese people call Ba Gua en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagua. The concentric circles radiating outwards from the centre suggests to me … beings who reside further from the source … the centre … the fountain … experience weaker rays of Love and Hope … with all the attendant consequences.
One might argue that mankind’s unbridled confidence in science has continuously pushed mankind away from the centre … the source … the fountain … again with all the attendant consequences.

I understand, that’s why I inquired about juicing up their fountains, boosting their weak or non-existent signals, gifts, but how? Now we’re venturing into small miracles territory and its a vast region of unknown possibilities. Were you called on your walk of faith? [Edit: Did your higher self will you to reconnect with God or was God being absurdly direct?]

God was absurdly direct … though I didn’t fully understand/appreciate it at the time. Still have some pieces of the puzzle missing. :slight_smile:

The facts are detailed here … pilgrimtom.weebly.com/jesus-christ.html

I also use one of the three following metaphors to describe my experience.

In varying circumstances I would use one of the following metaphors:

​1) I was in a fast moving train … like the high speed trains now in China … that travel at 300+ kilometres per hour. You look out the window and everything is a blur … the train is moving so fast. Likewise the pace of life in the past 66 years has become equally fast … and everything about life is a blur. Somehow the train door was opened and I was pushed off the train … I did not leave voluntarily and the train was not stopped the moment I was thrown off.

1. I was living in the ‘crowd’ like everyone else … moving through life without thinking about where I was going or how I would get there. I was simply one of the sheep in the picture below … all I could see was the butt of the sheep in front of me and I was compelled to move along at the speed of the flock and direction of the flock. One day an invisible hand came down out of the sky … plucked me out of the flock and set me down on one of the hills … all alone … with nothing to do but observe the flock from a distance.

2. I shoved off the shores of the ‘crowd’ in a boat with a large sail and no rudder. The balance of my life would be subject to the vagaries of the wind. Self inflicted or predestined … I hope the latter

Why three metaphors at play? Followed your link, you have been bookmarked. :smiley:

It’s a fairly recent development … just happened!

Your question nudged me to look for subtle … unconscious intentions.

Here’s what the empty space in my brain coughed up :smiley:

1. The first two suggest external influence … pushed out of the train … plucked out of the flock. The third one suggests voluntary action … shoved off from the shores of the crowd

2. The first one is framed in my current environment … China … the bullet train. The other two are framed in my former … Western … environment.

What do you see?

What are you up to in Red China?

Hmmm, truth is one occasion. Need there be anymore?

I have yet to read up on you, so I’ll get back to you with my thoughts and feelings soon.

In forming your mental picture of me you may want to include some of my more recent thoughts … written in the past year or so … here … thoughtsofamisfit.weebly.com/