A Religious Quiz

Thatā€™s much more me than the previous outcome of Religion of Humanity I gotā€¦ Iā€™m not big on caring as much as I am on a naturally transient society.

2nd test: Tenrikyo

Tenrikyo, what little I know of it, may be something that I have already incorporated as part of a need I have.

My religion is my own, tailored to my needs, and it is further revealed through living.

The point of this quiz was to get the result you were looking for. People like you, who donā€™t have a religion - the ā€œspiritual but not religiousā€ folk, donā€™t really fit into how the test was made. Since the quiz has been revamped, more people have taken it and seen their result as something they actually agree with. You are the first one to say, ā€œthis isnā€™t exactly meā€ - but the way you put it, sounds like any religion would have been the wrong one.

I actually donā€™t know too much about Tenrikyo myself. For most of the questions I had to do quick searches on Google about that specific religion. Unfortunately, sometimes it can be really hard to find information about said faith. Google resources are decent if you are looking for a specific aspect (usually), but Iā€™d recommend the Wikipedia article on this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenrikyo

Let me know if you like what you see on that page.

PS

Not enough people are actually saying one way or another that they agree with their results. Donā€™t just tell us your results. Tell us if you agree with your result or not.

I agree with my outcome of Secularism.

Good job. =D>

A ā€œreligion of humanityā€, if it should be a ā€œpositivistic churchā€ is absurd (typical French). It makes no sense, it is not logical, because humanity is not merely a ā€œpositivisticā€ thing, and positivism is not merely a ā€œhumanitarianā€ thing.

That definition is false too. Securalism is not ā€œthe state of being seperate from religionā€. You can be secular and nonetheless be religious. No problem at all.

I got those descriptions from Wikipedia. Take it up with them to modify it if it upsets you that much. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:

1. ā€œPositivismā€ has nothing to do with being ā€œpositiveā€ it has to do with being positive that only real things are real. Hence its humanistic qualities. You can think very negative (like cynicism) and still be a postivist.

2. You are right, since there are secular religions, such as (ironically enough), the Religion of Humanity. However, in the case of my quizā€™s nature - this definition still holds true.

3. Why donā€™t you take the quiz and give us your results instead of complaining about it?

I agree with my results which were Secular both times which is what I would have expected

Iā€™m guessing that on your test you mean ā€œHuman Secularistā€ when you say ā€œSecularā€. As Arminius pointed out, ā€œsecularā€ doesnā€™t say anything about what religion might be involved. ā€œSecularā€ refers merely to whatever concerns that might be outside of religious issues, such as architecture, carpentry, farming, businessā€¦

A lot of work to (possibly) get an answer one already knows.

Okay. Iā€™ll change it. Changes quiz.

This quiz was made for people like WendyDarling, who are ā€œspiritual but not religiousā€, the people who know they have spiritual beliefs but donā€™t know which religion they fall under. If you follow a religion, or are a ā€œhuman secularistā€, then this quiz is meant to solidify your faith. Now, if you know your religion and you get a different result ā€¦ then I fā€™ed upā€¦ Or it isnā€™t a result. I have 37 results, yet there are thousands of religions in the world.

WendyDarling wrote

Finally, an answer and it is me, The Darlings of the world. :astonished: :laughing:

I added two more questions: one on gnosticism, and one on calendars.

More importantly, though, every question now has a ā€œN/Aā€ answer, for anyone who doesnā€™t have an answer that reflects them.

Tally: 44 Questions, 37 Results. I wanted to get to 50 questions/results, but Iā€™m unsure if that will ever happen.

Result: Religion of Humanity

Meh, Iā€™ll take it.

Iā€™ve added additional results and questions for this quiz. Iā€™m currently at forty-seven questions and thirty-eight results, including Dannerz own religion, Right Reason. If you havenā€™t taken the quiz for a long time, or you havenā€™t taken it at all, why not take it again and see where your choices lead you?

A bit like a bout of chronic fatigueā€¦ not sure if I want to go through that again :laughing: but I donā€™t think my result will change as my last/2nd result was pretty much me religion-wise, but I love to embrace my RC roots still :wink:

Okay. Iā€™ve updated the quiz yet again. (Iā€™m addicted to perfecting this quiz!)

51 Questions, 40 Results.

Here are the results list.

Islam, Human Secularist, Hinduism, Buddhism, Ethnic Religion, African Traditional Religion, Sikhism, Spiritism, Judaism, Bahaā€™i Faith, Jainism, Shinto, Cao Dai, Zoroastrianism, Tenrikyo, Modern Paganism, Unitarian Universalism, Rastafari, Terasem Movement Transreligion, Scientology, Religion of Humanity, LeVeyan Satanism, World Pantheist Movement, Jediism, Pastafarianism, Eckankar, Raelism, Thelema, Kopimism, Taoism, Confucianism, Exaltism, Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox Christianity, Mormon, Omnism, Right Reason, Atheism+, Agnostic.

Iā€™ve hit my mark on my questions but Iā€™m still lagging a bit behind on results. If anyone has any suggestions as to what additional results could be, message me on here or PM message me (either way is fine).

Edit: I added the religion of ā€œCreativityā€.

52 Questions now. I included a question on proselyting.

Iā€™d strongly suggest fusing Daoism and Confucianism (with some Buddhist sprinklings) into Chinese Traditional Religion ā€“ this is from someone who self-identifies as a Confucian. Cao Dai and Shinto should remain their own thing for the same reason. Split Buddhism into Mahayana and Theravada. Vajrayana if you want but Iā€™d avoid it because itā€™s really granular. At that point you may as well start breaking down the sects of Protestantism. Likewise, expand Tenrikyo to ā€œJapanese New Religionsā€ though I think a whole ā€œNew Religionā€ catch-all might be good ā€“ that would also let you grab some of the alien cults. I donā€™t see Islam represented at all, you should fix that. Unless you think the Filoque and/or iconoclasim controversies are still hot shit, maybe mend the Great Schism with Catholic and Orthodox into Chalcedonian so you have Protestant, Chalcedonian and non-Chalcedonian. All three are super broad catch-alls but so is everything else. Likewise, I think you could cut down on real estate by having a catch-all ā€œpost modern religionā€ or ā€œanti-religionā€ category. That would clear up a lot of the oddballs on the list.

I did, but I realized that Confucianism and Taoism are pretty unique.

Cao Dai comes from Vietnam, and Shinto comes from Japan.

I want to, but I have virtually no way of knowing the difference between those sects of Buddhism. In fact, out of all the major world religions I know Buddhism the least.

Ugh.

I already have many new religions, including Raelism. Why should I merge all of them into one religion? Thereā€™s a huge difference between, say, Unitarian Universalism, Raelism, and Scientology.

It is. I might not use the vernacular of that religion to describe it, but itā€™s there.

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Ah yes, the antitheism. I will probably add that soon, thanks for reminding me of that.

LOL.

So much so wrong.

Gimme something better than that weak sauce.

If you know religions so much, why donā€™t you create a quiz or your own? Then everybody can take your quiz because it will be so much better than mine.

www.selectsmart.com

Get started!