Luke Skywalker is Dead

I’m not talking about olive oil vs crisco.

I’m saying it’s just a fact that some food that’s whipped up by some elderly black ladies is going to be better than a bunch of leaves and feta and olives and shit no matter what. Anyone who can’t see that is blind.

It’s just a fact based on what? Because it tastes better to you? You can make the same argument for eating ramen noodles, or hamburgers. I’m looking at overall nutritional quality, and Mediterranean diet will beat Southern soul food quality wise.

I wouldn’t eat a pork chop.

Also don’t eat stuffed grape leaves, despite having a grapevine in the back yard (other stuff like Figs get eaten by very eager ants now back there).

Greek diets aren’t always balanced, and obviously malnutrition occurs. Historically it consisted of just some kebobs and bread, with whatever greens they could find/grow, and whatever they could fish. It took a while for the Greeks, then especially the Cartheginians (look up Mago), to figure out how to grow olives efficiently. His system is still used to this day.

I’ve always been a bit stumped how the Minoans culturally were centered around cows, but lived on a highly populated island of Crete. I don’t think they are of Indo-Iranian descent like the Hurrians or Ugarit was, that was a later population move.

Honestly, that diet goes all over the place. Greeks if very strict on liturgical fasts can have bad deficiencies. When the Romano-Byzantine Emperor visited Rome in the middle ages, they were shocked at how vegetarian his diet was- he was a bona fide Roman emperor, holding the office of Julius Caesar, wanting just salads.

Look, you’re just wrong.

Your always posting on medical stuff Pandora, and are by no means smart enough to be a doctor. You claimed to of bought equipment off Alibaba. Are you a RN, or a Dietician? I’m leaning towards dietician, cause you don’t seem smart enough to be a RN. That would make you a fat dietician. Some of the most attractive women I’ve known have been dieticians, but I’ve also seen some piglets. It is one of the few jobs you really don’t wanna be a chubby doing face to face work in.

I am going to write this down as the argument which trumps all other arguments.

Your deduction, as always, is spot on, Mr. Holmes.

…a cute pigletty gif Pan :slight_smile:

Turd, and his ‘spot on’ deductions. :neutral_face:

Stop being the typical ESFJ bitch jumping on the gang up bandwagon. Your a moderator, you have a higher standard to live up to, these tactics are beneath you.

intjforum.com/topic/12741-esfjs/

That was a bandwagon? I never took you for the sensitive type Turd… I guess you missed the nuance intended… yet again.

I’ve told you about your unfounded deductions many times… hence my comment, so no need for a bandwagon on my part, but you have created many bandwagons many times… I see I hit a nerve… is that when you bring the ESFJ accusations out… in revenge?

:laughing: still trying it, I see… I don’t fit any of those ESFJ descriptions, but I might join that forum… thanks for the link :wink:

Thank you for your ongoing pseudo-interest in my typology.

To burn fat, eat more fat! :laughing:

Introducing Ketogenic diet.

youtube.com/watch?v=oareFIDrPZs
(He’s a real doctor.)

youtube.com/watch?v=1H2zCdtz-2s

That eating plan (high fat/very low carb) worked for my mum… after she had us four sprogs and wanted to look all slinky and less mumsy again, but you’re supposed to do it on and off throughout the month for health reasons.

I remember her amazement at how much she was allowed to eat… she was a happy mummy.

That diet is pretty hard, actually. It might be easier to transition from paleo to keto than, say, meditarranean or vegetarian to keto. The carb reduction is pretty drastic on that one; 20g of carbs sounds a lot but it’s not, and it adds up really quick. You eat 2 avocados or half a banana and you’re pretty much done for the day for carbs. Many dairy products have carbs in them too. If you read labels or analyze nutritional values of every day foods you will find hidden carbs just about everywhere, even in foods that are not supposed to have them. And it’s amazing just how carb/sugar/insulin dependent we are as a society. If you’re on keto (or even paleo) and go to grocery store, for example, you automatically have to eliminate 80% of food in the store, as you’re pretty much reduced to meat/dairy/vegetable section, and don’t even bother the middle isles since most of it is carbs and sugar. The studies on keto seem to point out that this diet is easier to transition for men than for women. Female bodies are noted to produce a slightly higher hormonal stress response (cortisol production) while in ketogenic adaptation period. It’s supposedly only temporary but the effect is still more pronounced in women. Increase in cortisol production in females may also throw reproductive hormones out of balance and mess with menstrual cycle. You may be right in that carb cycling may be a safer strategy for women, although I wouldn’t be surprised if there are pretty hardcore keto females out there, like this keto girl (she looks great for 47, by the way).
youtube.com/watch?v=sfO8EiiUodE

Corn is turning French hamsters into ‘deranged cannibals’ that eat their own offspring

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … ibals.html

According to French, not fit even for animal consumption. :smiley:

Is that why those South American ancients were crazy as fuck? their maize-heavy diet… not a trustworthy temperament at all. If you’re gonna be crazy, at least be focused with it… violence should be mindful (as opposed to mindless) and with purpose, otherwise it shouldn’t be acted upon.

Hmm…interesting point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_cuisine

This would be a good topic to research.

I was surprised to see my neighborhood Whole Foods Market is now advertising Bulletproof coffee at their coffee shop for their daily brew. Apparently, this thing is really catching on! They just put butter and coconut oil (they call it “brain octane”) into regular drip coffee and charge $5 for it. With my understanding, this should work only for those people who are on very low carb diet or are currently fasting. Or better yet, for 3rd world nomadic situations. For a normal, carb eating person, the body should still use glucose/glycogen for energy and store the fat for much later emergency use (which, in a normal person, never really comes because he usually resupplies his carbs, so the fat stays stored in the system).

They are marketing it as super energy coffee that allows a person to stay charged longer, but if you’re not going into a ketosis anyhow, it would seem to me that the fat would just be stored. I mean, your body is not producing enough ketones to break it down, anyway. I don’t think this idea is suitable for an average Western person who follows Western dietary guidelines. But I guess, if you want to feel like a caveman again… :laughing:

By the way, this idea was taken from peoples of Central Asia (like Mongolia and Tibet) who drink (yak) butter tea for sustained energy throughout the day. Except those people’s bodies are actually adapted for using fat as energy (they don’t particularly have a choice). This also is supposedly how our bodies used energy before the advent of agriculture and the use of grains (carbs) for energy.

What else can we come up with to market as the next best thing for you?

Butter doesn’t go in coffee.

Well, I don’t think seaweed belongs in ice cream, either, but it doesn’t stop the society from finding creative ways to tinker with its food. This guy claims to have spend a quarter of a million dollars on his research and studies. :laughing: People are coming up with all kinds of creative (“better” or “healthy”) ways to market foods. Remember nitro coffee? That was another (overpriced) disappointment. Then we also have this:

Or this…now serving at your local Starbucks (which I’m beginning to hate more and more)

About:
freshcup.com/what-is-cascara/

And of course, we all saw this coming (though I think it would defeat the purpose of coffee). :-k

Someone gave me a cold brew thingy the other day and the stuff it made, I think has the potential to be harmful. I make espresso regularly, like daily, and I’m not a scientist, but the cold brew stuff seemed a lot stronger.

Butter Americano at Fenwicks… whatever next!

I’m personally not a fan of faddy fat-burning tricks, as I think they can interfere with the metabolism at some point, as butter and coconut oil coffee may deliver an energy boost but does it satiate? I prefer letting the body do its own thing thing… with nutrients with my calories.