Let's think this through ... God

Why problem in scare quotes…

It’s the biggest problem in existence, and philosophic zombie universes solves it

It’s in quotes because it’s not a real problem.

“philosophic zombie universes” are nonsense.

There is one universe, deal with it.

No, there are an infinite number of universes in a multiverse, and if you’ve learned anything from dreaming, there are many different rule sets in the cosmos

It doesn’t matter how many universes there are … there is no communication between universes. If you could see another universe from this universe, then that other universe would just be another part of this universe. That follows simply from the definition of ‘universe’.

Hence, my point. I’ve seen a lot of different universes with a lot of different rule sets.

I remember what it was like to be a person like you.

Thanks for showing me that it’s time.

Way to be vague. Time to leave the thread??

Have you ever remembered your dreams before phyllo?

Think very deeply about them.

…doesn’t seem to be related to anything that I said.

You asked me what I meant.

You’re stuck on discipline though…

Try disciplining yourself to not hurt others , if that’s the only thing you got from my posts

…nor that. :confused:

I actually spent a lot of time thinking about the posts I replied to you with… This reply is very thoughtless and rude in context of the thread

Sorry that you spent so much time studying the wrong posts.

James, being thoughtful and not rude is at a minimum, sending a hyperlink to the post in question.

I’ve inadvertently missed posts several times on ILP

The solution to this problem is to realize that the definition of ‘hurt’ has always been flaky, and to ditch utilitarianism forever and move on to something reasonable.

Self reports of hurt are the ONLY thing that’s not flaky. Axioms from this are also not flaky.

You live in flatland.

You demonstrated it yourself: everybody is hurting everybody all the time, regardless of if they mean to, regardless of what they do or don’t do. All that means is that hurt (or your definition of it) is useless in determining the rightness or wrongness of our actions. Ought implies can.

This goes back to James’ couple posts about discipline… I asked him, “why don’t you discipline yourself to not hurt others or be hurt by them (if you’re so self righteous)?”

He ignored me.

Philosophic zombie universes are our ONLY option, and every second of every day is discipline for me to solve the only thing that makes our lives meaningful.

No, I just gave you the other option: reject your understanding of harm. That’s not an option for you, for obvious reasons, but it’s fine for the rest of us.

That’s not what you said but ok…

Let’s go with this from a person (you) with anti social personality disorder…

The BTK killer is now your friend, he LOVES you, says that to all his victims now!!!

And this is what you get for trying to reason with a hostile, mentally disabled man on the internet. When will I ever learn?