Ten Facts about You

1. I’m an infamous procrastinator in all things.
  2. I chain smoke at times which I’ll eventually have to quit smoking at some point altogether.
  3. When I am not plotting or discussing about chaos in the world I am a video game and comic book nerd.
  4. I hate working and am happiest when I’m enjoying idleness in isolation.
  5. I enjoy the company of a very small number of people. For the most part I hate most people and other human beings.
  6. I’m a juicer. I am a big juice drinker.
  7. I enjoy fine dining of food and going to restaurants. At one point I dreamed about being a chef. I like sometimes watching the Food Network on cable.
  8. I drink very little to no alcohol at all. Never really developed a taste for it. I’ll drink wine on rare occasions.
  9. When I was younger I use to street race cars illegally.
  10. I am trying to go back to school in the near future in choosing pipe welding as an occupation.

You gotta take several welding courses prior to becomming a pipe welder, and most pipe welding is industrial, hanging off the side of a mill, wearing safety harnesses.

Most pipe welders I know are also scuba divers. Underwater welding courses are in the $30,000 ballpark.

Yes, I have a long road ahead of me.

The only thing missing is the ghost of Jacob Marley, it sounds like a hell on a night.

Sometimes I think you are. But in a nice way. :slight_smile:

1. I listen to sountrack scores and am ashamed of it.
  2. I’m very comfortable eating alone in restraurants and don’t understand why most people (especially women) aren’t.
  3. My favorite shape is a spiral. It explains everything in the universe- large and small.
  4. The band TooL saved my life at a very young age.
  5. My big brother was my hero, but after a betrayal of biblical proportions he is my anti-hero and everything in between.
  6. I had somewhat of a nervous breakdown ten years ago, spontaneously flew to Iceland, drove 4 hours near Vik where I reached a lighthouse that overlooked a pitch black beach and screamed at the top of my lungs till I collapsed… everything was alright after that.
  7. Natalie Portman got me through some hopeless teenage years (Thank you Natty).
  8. I don’t appear “approachable”, but the truth is… I love talking and connecting to just about anyone.
  9. My best friend killed himself 2 years ago.
  10. My greatest fear is that I may be unable to truly (or fully?) love another person.
  1. I hate the word “genre”. There must be an English word that means the same thing.
  2. I hate the expression “social media”.
  3. I find people who are obsessed with “social media” very annoying.
  4. I think the only thing the colour orange looks good on is an orange.
  5. I think the Walrus and the Carpenter is the saddest poem I’ve ever read (not that I usually read poetry).
  6. I don’t like poetry, I can’t figure out what it’s for.
  7. I don’t like being old, I can’t figure out what that’s for either.
  8. I’m not intelligent enough to understand most religions, but I’m too intelligent to subscribe to any of them.
  9. I like coffee but I don’t like to see what some people do to it in Starbucks.
  10. I’m the least charismatic person I know.

Ierr wrote

Me too.

Experience should never be dismissed but sometimes it is just anecdotal

s57 wrote

Life is just anecdotal and facts are fiction.

My guess would be to accept the strange about yourself, not necessarily change it because total strangers find it unacceptable.

In other words, let the person be. He or she knows, via experience, what’s good for him/her. Has anyone ever advised you to see a doctor because you prefer strawberry-flavoured yoghurt over vanilla-flavoured yoghurt? Or because you like rye bread better than white bread?

So this dude or dudette sleeps thirty hours and has a 48-hour day clock. Big deal. It does NOT make him or her into a sick person. It’s normal for him or her; abnormal for you. Why, have YOU ever gone to a doctor to cure you from your 24-hour inner day clock?

Same difference.

Next you will be organizing to burn at the stake or send to concentration camps all those who are on a 48-inner-day clock.

I say, learn to embrace differences, instead. It’s harder, much harder, than being a bigot and an exclusionist, I know. So stay a bigot. I embrace bigots, too.

Perhaps you have heard of a 48 hour body clock, but I have not… I thought it would be interesting to hear what a medical professional would think or make of it, so nothing to do with being a bigot or exclusionist… I’m probably the least bigoted or exclusionistic person I know, and you have labeled me with those tags very freely indeed. Why your reply to me so harsh man? :-k

I myself have had to come to terms with something the opposite to Surrep’s… chronic fatigue. I pretty much have to make like a hibernating creature and hibernate, and so rest a lot while eating a little… that process spares me from total energy depletion and in turn a debilitating flatness.

Nice to meet you too -1-

T-H-Y-R-O-I-D

IT ISN’T!

D-E-N-I-A-L

GO AWAY!

I want to be long, not short.
Want to let it all out like Irr, but it would be a duplication.
Only if prodded, but some secrets are taboo.

Will overcome the blocks like who I am, fear no evil,

Hate the old habits:gambling, and phobophobia.

That’s as far as it can go.

Love dogs, they generally wag their tail in a sign of friendship, get along with them better then some humans.

Worry about dying, knowing it really a rare disease called ego. Can’t live without it. But can hardly live with it.

Came here to Philippines unprepared, but prepared to change.

But back home: the same highway again, wish you were here.

Another lonely traveler.

One semester in college, I reprogrammed myself to be on a 48 hour cycle, 38 awake, 10 asleep. I found it to be extremely helpful, but when summer came, the combination of the heat and having too little to do, I returned to sleeping far more than necessary.

Merlin,

But is it pure unadultered idleness? Not working is not necessarily being idle.

UP

That’s interesting. For instance…