Creepy Shit Heard In Mariana Trench

Probably very true. But I still see them doing water cooler chatting, drawing Venn diagrams and forcibly taking out live babies from their females’ tummies. These are universal, homogeneously spread-out skills throughout the cosmos.

What’s “under 11 Km” when you are 10 Km down? About a Km still under you, or everything above you?

KM is always beneath me, I’m American, I dislike the metric system. I prefer my distances made in heterosexual, God approved miles.

I tried that already… you know how hard it is to jump around with a bag of bricks tied to your feet? I have a hard enough time jumping around without any ballasts, thank you very much.

Can I instead jump off said cruise ship above the Marinara trench with a bag of a weather balloon tied to my feet? The worst that could happen would be to fall up,instead of down. But jumping itself, as an activity into its own, would be a szincs.

I vote for weather balloon.

No, Bin Laden managed to do it, and he was dead, so you can you.

A weather can’t lift you, at best it would keep you from sinking till the sharks rip you apart. That’s such a bad way to go.

I’m metric all the way. “Nine (9) cm” certainly sounds much more encouraging than “two and a half inches”. Then again, a yard stick rules. (This was a friggin’ pun.)

3 1/2 inches.

This is what happens when people try to juggle two systems of measurements, confusion of a lesser, incongruent emerges. I think space exploration should only be done in miles. This way we don’t make the universe appear smaller than it really is.

Turd Ferguson, our own resident Christian science monitor. :laughing:

That would depend upon whether they ever finally discovered liberalism. :-k

Liberalism is a basic alienable American Human Right of every American citizen.

Yeah… with every new discovery of a new planet, or galaxy, or constellation, the world shrinks a little bit.

As the ancient did not use to say, but we do, “it’s a small world.” I support you. Let’s not make it any smaller. Pretty soon you stretch in bed and you are pushing a galaxy with your feet five centimetres-- appardon, two inches away from your solar system.

This is what “entropy” is all about. Everything gets smaller, until so small, that there is nothing left of it. Like a Christmas cake, or a penis after sex.

Measurement should be based around man for utility. A human foot makes sense, so long as it is someone’s actual foot. You can guess in a situation by slapping your feet down.

Or temperature on human body temperature, that’s far more important than the boiling and freezing point of water, which fluctuates at different barometric pressures. Good science, such as space travel, will be all over the place, but science that concerns human centric concerns will always know the temperature needed for humans to survive or die, as it is automatically built into our range.

We need a greater simplicity in such math that the metric can’t address. How do you measure relativistic time and motion in the metric system? Alice Strings? Dark Matter? What other fantasies?

If they had merely stuck with a 1 foot standard and adopted decimals of it, it would have worked out better for everyone, but noooooo… Can’t have a system that everyone agrees to. That would be too Babylon. :astonished:

I have no qualms with the metric system, it is well designed, even if only for Earth-bound pilgrims, not for space travellers.

What I object to is their nomenclature. Centimetres. Kilometres. Four syllables against one of inch and mile in the Imperial system. Kilogramms, instead of pounds.

The British system rolls off the tongue much easier, much simpler. True, there is an unimaginable number of feet in a mile, and only so many drams in a grain, and god only knows what other godforsaken units of measurements exist, but they can each and every one be pronounced by human beings. Try saying Kilogramforcemetrespersecundumsquare instead of pounds.

I prefer grams and kilograms to ounces and pounds.

Because that’s how your illegal drugs cone packaged. Hence why we must destroy the metric system. No kilos, no kilos of drugs. Simple.

What if the scientists this whole time thought it was the mariana trench, but really, the very first dude who discovered it just was on a shitty phone and he was breaking up and he really said, marijuana trench, and therefore the whole thing is full of weed?

A straight lover is very different from loving a pimp.

Eating out a straight yet noisy lover in church is like giving candy to a pimp: everyone looks and salivates, and everyone wants a piece of it, but nobody dares to make a move.

I grew up having to learn (and incorporate into my learnings) both the metric and imperial systems of weights and measures… it was a time of change back then.

I can see Smears changed his post radically from what No. 2 quoted.