Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Blender, as well as most programs, was made by people who put no importance on ergonomics or “common sense”. I was always intimidated by it. Sure, I got by with it, used it for some things, but it was never calming to use.

Did you use it to make that game you showed me, or was that 2d appearing as 3d?

I have so many I can’t remember. What game did I show you?

I like the painting too. Nice ambiance of solitude. Nice contrast of light and dark. The book seems to have been read by many. He’s not only reading but his face seems to be reflecting and pondering what he is reading. Intense.
Makes me wonder just what he IS reading - and what the other two books are and just who “he” is.

I see a little face in the beard. The beard itself is too white though considering the seemingly darker head of hair.

Only i know this and i will take it to my grave.

So presumably, there’s an actual answer to this question?

Always… There are answers in all my paintings…nothing is in vain.

Hmm… interesting. That’s kind of the opposite of mine. The meaninglessness you see in mine is deliberate. I want to see what the viewer projects onto it.

Im not sure if there is any such thing as meaningless

I actually agree with this. But the meaning that exists in my drawings is in plane sight. For example, Doll in the Snow: What you see there is a doll that perhaps was abandoned in a dark alley. It stayed there for who knows how long, collecting dust, getting soaked by rain, getting worn by the elements. And then the snow started falling. The doll wears a strange mask emanating a red glow. ← But that’s it. That’s all I give you. There’s no hidden meaning. As far as why the doll is wearing the mask or why it’s glowing, well, I have nothing. That’s the void I want the viewer to fill with their own meaning.

Now admittedly, sometimes I can’t help myself, and I project my own meaning onto it, such as the description I give on the right hand side at my website, the one about the demon seeking a place to rest, but even that is a meaning that wasn’t originally there and it fills a void.

Gib,

is the sense of wonderment which the painting has provoked more important than having the question itself answered?

I think that sometimes what rises up in us as a result of the art is more important.

It’s an interesting question. I think the impression art gives the viewer (sense of wonderment) is its primary natural function, but once the artist explicitly says they have a secret intended meaning, that completely distracts from the original impression.

It’s like someone saying: “I’ve got a secret but I’m not telling.” ← Well, now you’ve gotta know.

And then there’s the question of: what happens when there’s a riff between what the viewer gets out of the art and what the artist intends. I mean, if you look at Manni’s piece in her sig, she (he?) seems to be saying that man is devolving into a pig (metaphorically, of course) in virtue of our lazy, fast-food, immediate gratification culture. But what if, in Manni’s mind, pigs are beautiful, awesome creatures, and it’s a privilege to be evolving towards them? Then Manni might be disconcerted and say: “No, no, no, you’ve got it all wrong!” Is it more important to go with our own first impressions or try to get at what the artist intended?

For fuck sake, if you must know…he’s reading kamasutra for children edition…

…because he’s a detective trying to understand the psychology of what makes the criminal tick regarding this material…

gib,

I may be wrong here but if you look at the man right before he transformed into a pig --with his belly hanging down and the bag which is in his hand, it’s pretty clear the connotation which manni was trying to provoke.
Aside from that, I think that pigs are really cute. I wonder if they actually consume as much as us humans do in one meal.

There is always that first impression but to go with just that?!!! would be mindless don’t you think?
It’s fascinating and fun to try to figure out what the artist intended but it’s even more fun and worthwhile to “see” what the art invokes in us?
it’s like going on a kind of journey of discovery - and inward one.

i’m stronger

Dude, you gotta prove that’s you.

I see you got back in the gym like you said you would… good job.

I cannot believe that YOU posted THAT.
Is it really you? :-k

It is quite a pleasant image. :mrgreen: