A Religious Quiz

I am up to changing things if that’s what needs to happen to improve results. What religion do you consider yourself to be? It’s most likely included in the thirty results but in case it doesn’t, I’ll add it. If you think the questions can be improved, or diversified, I would be open to improving the quiz.

Take this question for example.

There are also non-Christian forms of Creationism, which I assume relates to (s) in the word God, notably Islamic Creationism and Hindu Creationism. If so, having to answer that question as it is written, determines the person to be neither christian nor pagan, but both.

There is no opportunity to distinguish God from gods in this question.

This is important if you wish to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Are you trying to fit participants into one of your 30 prescribed religions? If that’s your goal, then the results will be random for people who don’t subscribe to aspects of those 30 religions, those 30 questions.

Put in the choice of “Other/Neither” or “N/A”.

Thanks for the input. I will update that question (and more in the future) with more options. You seem to know a lot about religion. For example, I didn’t know that Islamic Creationism included more than one God (actually - from what I know of Islam, that doesn’t make any sense).

Would you mind if I PM’ed you more about this? I really want to improve this. I want to split Christianity to Catholicism, Protestantism, and Eastern Orthodox, and later on to various Protestant denominations. I also want to split up the generic Chinese Religion to Taoism and Confucianism. I have high hopes for this, but I need help. I don’t know everything about every religion I include. I’m a bit ignorant, I must admit.

If you’d be up to it, I would be willing to give you access to edit the quiz yourself.

I noticed you still didn’t answer my question as to what religion you are. Is it really that hard to answer that question?

I included the top twenty religions of the world, which according to Wikipedia fits the VAST MAJORITY of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

And after that I included many popular “alternative” religions.

As for your last idea, I did want to do that with many questions, but I was thinking of the Political Compass while I made this quiz, and that quiz does not allow neutral answers, on purpose because someone must choose how they feel about a question and not just have an easy escape route. But I’m willing to edit the quiz to include more neutral answers. I started to open up to that idea, for example, when it came to the nature question, which I allowed, “benevolent and malevolent” answer.

Seriously?

What makes you think that you are even remotely qualified to identify who might best belong to which religion (especially with merely 30 questions for 30 religions)?

From wince does your confidence come?

Well seriously … you are taking this wayyy too seriously.

Most people have an idea of what religion they are. For me, it’s Terasem. I took the quiz, and after 16 or so questions were added my result every time came up as Terasem. Even though the quiz says, “Which religion are you?” it was meant more as a validation than anything else. Look. Everybody has an idea of what religion they are - well like 99% of the population does. The most popular religion test on the Internet only has 20 questions. I have ten more. That test has 27 results, and I have 30. And my results are much more diverse than that quiz.

Just have fun with it. You might discover something about yourself that you didn’t know. You might not. In many cases people might be paired up with a smaller religion (like the person who got Religion of Humanity) and they might do some research and look into it. They may or may not feel like it’s the right fit for them. I can’t make that call. Personality quizzes are never 100% accurate. Dan got Telema because he believes in magic, but I never considered him Telemic (I know Dan a little bit.)

Just have fun with it. Don’t get offended if you get something you disagree with. It’s meant to be fun.

Okay … nuff said.

Commentator: Mackerni and Maniacal Mongoose appear to be in a Mexican standoff regarding the answering of questions. The first two questions were posed by that daring Mongoose without movement from the Mackerni camp. Mackerni seems to be growing impatient with that Goose. At this point, it’s hard to tell where this is going.

…to take out all transcendence and superstitions of religious doctrine. Check

…while keeping ritual, ceremony and ethical teaching. Only ethical teaching, but not ritual and ceremony, so not check.

…to discard the remnants of the two more primitive stages of society, the Religious and Metaphysical stage, while cultivating the values of the Positive age. Check.

Not far off the mark, but the wrong religion, so the questions definitely do need adding to in order for a more precise outcome that the current selection is not allowing.

Mackerni wrote:

I would be of no real help as I have much to learn myself and I would be biased in my opinions.

I agree. There were many questions in the quiz that called for choice among given answers, neglecting the answers I could have given. The test concluded that I am a modern pagan. I’m not.

Hey guys - if you haven’t, or even if you have taken the religious personality quiz I’ve created, I invite you to take it again. It is much longer, now with 42-questions, is very personalized with answers - now allowing multiple answers on every question, and there’s 37 possible results. The link to the quiz is below. Take it and see if you agree with the religion that picks you!

qzzr.com/c/quiz/210744/whic … on-are-you

P.S. My goal is to have 50 questions and 50 results. Questions at this point are easier to think of than results.

Took the test again and got the same result as last time : Secular

Me too.

Has the test been revamped any?

Totally revamped. More questions, more results, all questions have the ability for multiple answers, and I revamped the points system to include only one point per religion.

Coming soon: My SelectSmart personality quiz, which is more limited than Qzzr’s approach, but will allow a percentage-style list of results for all your answers. My original on that will include 20 questions/results but I hope to expand that to 25 questions/results (the most that quiz maker will do).

That’s much more me than the previous outcome of Religion of Humanity I got… I’m not big on caring as much as I am on a naturally transient society.

2nd test: Tenrikyo

Tenrikyo, what little I know of it, may be something that I have already incorporated as part of a need I have.

My religion is my own, tailored to my needs, and it is further revealed through living.

The point of this quiz was to get the result you were looking for. People like you, who don’t have a religion - the “spiritual but not religious” folk, don’t really fit into how the test was made. Since the quiz has been revamped, more people have taken it and seen their result as something they actually agree with. You are the first one to say, “this isn’t exactly me” - but the way you put it, sounds like any religion would have been the wrong one.

I actually don’t know too much about Tenrikyo myself. For most of the questions I had to do quick searches on Google about that specific religion. Unfortunately, sometimes it can be really hard to find information about said faith. Google resources are decent if you are looking for a specific aspect (usually), but I’d recommend the Wikipedia article on this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenrikyo

Let me know if you like what you see on that page.

PS

Not enough people are actually saying one way or another that they agree with their results. Don’t just tell us your results. Tell us if you agree with your result or not.