A Religious Quiz

My religion is my relationship with God which has been piece-mealed together, cherry picked I’ve been told, from many organized religions.

The thing is, even though Hinduism is the world’s oldest living religion, that religion is probably the most diverse of all religions. There’s a lo Hinduism, but when it comes to the difficult decisions of faith Hinduism has allowed their converts to ‘cherry-pick’ between different Gods and afterlifes, etc. Of course, not every Hindu sect is going to allow this, but there’s so much variation of sects in Hinduism that being antiquated with Indian culture should open the door for you.

From the onset, question 1, I was forced to pick an either/or which I did not agree with. My further point is that my religion is not of any organized kind, which the test failed to allow for.

Why this test? What is your goal?

Metus, the God of Fear.

Mackerni

Let me guess, you are Muslim/Islam.

Result : Secular [ so no surprise there then ]

No, I’m not. I’m part of the Terasem movement, and when I take this quiz that is the result I get.

What made you think I’m muslim?

Never heard of this religion, but I see myself as spiritual not religious, and I don’t want to worship any ‘thing’.

Well it seems that this Terasem is not a religion but a movement?

Maybe because it is considered a ‘transreligion’ and followers do not have to give up being Christian, Jewish or Muslim you still retain remnants of your past.

What religion did you follow before adopting this movement?

Terasem is many things - a movement, a philosophy, a charity, and a religion. Terasem just happens to allow you to keep the religion you were before and not sacrifice who you were before joining Terasem.

My parents are ex-Catholic atheists, but I never attended church until I discovered UUism in my early adult life. I am a member of the First Unitarian Society of Milwaukee. I own a core UU book discussing various aspects of the religion. I also own Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, which was compiled by his grandson Shoghi Effendi. Before I discovered UUism and Bahaiism I considered myself Agnostic. But even before that I had some revelations that line up perfectly with Terasem.

I tried to become part of Terasem. I have an account on Terasem’s social media website. I have liked transhumanist stuff for a long time - but I didn’t know that there was a transhumanist religion, Terasem, until recently. Like Terasem I believe that God is technological, and like Terasem I believe in oblivion after death until humans find a way to resurrect expired consciousnesses.

BTW UUism is a “transreligion” too but you’ll never hear a Unitarian use the word “transreligion”. They prefer to say, “Christian UU” “pagan UU” or “Muslim UU”, etc etc etc. I always considered Unitarian Universalism as a philosophy of religion than a religion itself. If you choose to say that you want a creed in your religion, my quiz automatically rules out Unitarianism. And that was the only question which does that, for any religion.

“Bahaism is a religion founded in Iran in 1863; emphasizes the spiritual unity of all humankind; incorporates Christian and Islamic tenets; many adherents live in the United States. “Bahaism has no public rituals or sacraments and praying is done in private” Type of: faith, religion, religious belief.”

It seems it is still evident to me, the remnants of Bahaism in you.

Consciousnesses expire? Biological human forms expire, but consciousness, the body of the soul, is beyond biological. It was designed to be compatible with its biological counterpart to make experiences important in an emotional framework.

Can we please not make this into a, “you say, I say” sort of pointless arguing? This thread wasn’t made to debate religious ideas, it was meant to advocate for the quiz. Please, if you haven’t done so, take the quiz, and fill out the questionnaire I provided. I’m not a Baha’i, and I don’t believe in souls. Simple as that.

^ Did you write that Mackerni? That’s discussion material in a philosophy forum. If the test is intended to randomly assign a religion to people, its perfect.

Look. Out of all the results, and there are thirty, I consider myself Terasem the most. My results always come up with Terasem. It is not random. Other people have taken the quiz and agreed with their results.

I do not agree with the result, Hinduism is not my religion nor will it ever be. If you’re not shooting for accuracy leave the test the way it is.

I am up to changing things if that’s what needs to happen to improve results. What religion do you consider yourself to be? It’s most likely included in the thirty results but in case it doesn’t, I’ll add it. If you think the questions can be improved, or diversified, I would be open to improving the quiz.

Take this question for example.

There are also non-Christian forms of Creationism, which I assume relates to (s) in the word God, notably Islamic Creationism and Hindu Creationism. If so, having to answer that question as it is written, determines the person to be neither christian nor pagan, but both.

There is no opportunity to distinguish God from gods in this question.

This is important if you wish to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Are you trying to fit participants into one of your 30 prescribed religions? If that’s your goal, then the results will be random for people who don’t subscribe to aspects of those 30 religions, those 30 questions.

Put in the choice of “Other/Neither” or “N/A”.

Thanks for the input. I will update that question (and more in the future) with more options. You seem to know a lot about religion. For example, I didn’t know that Islamic Creationism included more than one God (actually - from what I know of Islam, that doesn’t make any sense).

Would you mind if I PM’ed you more about this? I really want to improve this. I want to split Christianity to Catholicism, Protestantism, and Eastern Orthodox, and later on to various Protestant denominations. I also want to split up the generic Chinese Religion to Taoism and Confucianism. I have high hopes for this, but I need help. I don’t know everything about every religion I include. I’m a bit ignorant, I must admit.

If you’d be up to it, I would be willing to give you access to edit the quiz yourself.