Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

If I compare myself to an ape, or chimpanzee, in relation to talent, I am not being a spiritual friend to myself.

mannikin you suck, you are rubbish…oh mannikin, please look at me …PLEASE LOOK AT ME!!!111 PLEASE…

Didn’t say you sucked or were rubbish, said you were subpar.

mannikin, PLEASEEEEEEE LOok at me!! I need the attentions…I’m soo bored of life!!! please!!!..i HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO!! Oh other than EATING!! SHITTING AND MAKING POINTLESS THREADS ABOUT TOILETS!!..MY FEMININE NATURE DEMANDS THAT I EMOTIONALLY PROVOKE AND EMOTIONAL PROVOKE EVEN MORE!!!, please lOOK at ME!!!

In all honesty, though, I actually agree, it is subpar, mostly I am not satisfied, I haven’t reached even a satisfactory level I wish to rise to, which does bother me in a way to the point that the annoyance demands that i fix it by improving.

Well, if you’re comparing me to Manni, and you think Manni is subpar, that ain’t too bad.

Glad you picked up on the 7th sense thing. That’s really all I ever wanna get across in my art work. As soon as I feel I’ve accomplished that, I feel no need to touch it up with technical niceties like some douche bag art school graduate who thinks conforming to technical standards is what makes her special. ← In fact, that would hide it.

Where do you rank in art skill, Trix?

Gib doodles?

Never seen anything he has done.

Manni wrote:

I love this painting.

Sage smoking a pipe. Not so much for it’s technical qualities, more for it’s light and darkness and the mood it projects, the eye can wander over it for quite a while.

Manni posted it right here in this thread. Look up.

Shutup, and stop acting like a fool. The plan is so you can get good at art so we can make quality games. Not making games with subpar art.

I will show you tomorrow.

I imagine the game art being much different to the art i would usually create. Not pixel art because i don’t like that, but more cartoony especially for platformer…But anyways i was thinking 3D blender modelling would be a cool path to do down with other types of games, but i’m not sure about the workload…that might far exceed my interest but i’m still looking into it.

Blender, as well as most programs, was made by people who put no importance on ergonomics or “common sense”. I was always intimidated by it. Sure, I got by with it, used it for some things, but it was never calming to use.

Did you use it to make that game you showed me, or was that 2d appearing as 3d?

I have so many I can’t remember. What game did I show you?

I like the painting too. Nice ambiance of solitude. Nice contrast of light and dark. The book seems to have been read by many. He’s not only reading but his face seems to be reflecting and pondering what he is reading. Intense.
Makes me wonder just what he IS reading - and what the other two books are and just who “he” is.

I see a little face in the beard. The beard itself is too white though considering the seemingly darker head of hair.

Only i know this and i will take it to my grave.

So presumably, there’s an actual answer to this question?

Always… There are answers in all my paintings…nothing is in vain.

Hmm… interesting. That’s kind of the opposite of mine. The meaninglessness you see in mine is deliberate. I want to see what the viewer projects onto it.