Could You Flush A Toilet On Ceres, Would A Plunger Work?

space.com/35129-dwarf-planet … ssion.html

If you had a bathroom at earth room temperature and pressurized to a generic earth air pressure standard, could you flush a toilet on Ceres?

I’m not sure how lower gravity would behave in regards to poo buoyancy. Would it swirl in the bowel? If a bidet was used, would the water arch or go in a straight line, capable of making escape velocity? Could the splash back from a turd taking into the water rocket you to the ceiling?

Would liquid water fall quicker than a turd formed by us, our digestive process being based on earth, leaving turds extraordinarily boyant, unable to fall without being hosed down? Or would our be super heavy, and we would near a heavier liquid like motor oil to hold them in the toilet for easy flushing?

How would plunging a toilet in low gravity conditions of Ceres work? Does human earth norm strength run the risk of sucking all backed up sewage in the sewae tank back into the restroom? If you plunge too hard, could you be surrounded by a ocean of old sewage from weeks earlier, flooding the bathroom?

Correct me if I am wrong, but a better question might be “How do I get a toilet on Ceres?”

Via spaceship.

Not hard to work that basic portion out in the imagination.

Looks like gravity is about 1/50th earth gravity. .27 m/s2. So a room with normalized pressure is going to have a hell of a lot more pressure than outside. So I guess it comes down to just how much you’ve pressurized. Is the pipe the toilet leads to pressurized like the room? Is the cistern the pipe leads to pressurized to earth air pressure? If the answer is ‘no’, then I imagine as soon as you flush, the water (and most of the air in the room) would be violently sucked down the toilet hole.

If on the other hand the entire system (room, pipe, cistern, etc.) is pressurized the same, then the only issue you have is the really low gravity. In that case, it depends on if you’ve got a gravity assist or a pressure assist toilet. A gravity assist toilet woud probably flush very, very slowly, with the water just gradually running out of the bowl like when you have a bad clog. A pressure assist toilet would probably work just fine, like…once. Eventually you’d hit a point where the water being violently sucked into the pipe would meet the water sluggishly moving through the system due to low gravity, and something would get backed up.

So what your saying is, life on Ceres is gonna… suck, or NOT suck?

I’m saying technically, it will blow.