What Is Anger, and Why Should We Care?

Slay

My spell checker… I’ve seen it change who sentences on me.

Anger is a self-defense strategy, usually triggered by the perception of an overwhelming threat and often caused by one’s own distorted view of reality; insecurities, self-judgements, phobias, embarrassment,…

Anger is considered negative because it is the blind extreme of aggression. Anger is not merely an aggressive action, but specifically a blind, hate motivated aggression.

In the modern West, women are encouraged to be very willing to express anger so as to do more damage to society and any men standing around at the time. Hatred is encouraged and anger is merely an expression of it. They are given the notion, subliminally, that anger displays strength, when in fact, it displays the exact opposite.

Shut the fuck up, mr anger is a un-healthy holding feeling that all people feel. You love it. You love it in all forms, irritation, frustration, aggregation. You suppress it to a point, until you recognize it in others then you unleash your own variety, just to feel superior to others. So you spark it, and play peacekeeper, then go dominant.

I can see why your so frustrated with your love life Nano.

You have no idea. I’m settled. Gonna rock it to the wheels fall off. So eat shit, Ferguson.

People who take this approach would rarely display violent outbursts.

Temper is also a mechanism for communication in infants and young children, to convey a need or want.

Do you think anger/temper is a learned behaviour?

We have to learn to suppress it at times as you have written.

We may also learn the opposite from careless parents.

It’s discontent at what should or shouldn’t be, un-biased by what is.

Most certainly is not a learned behavior. First time I remember uncontrolled anger, I was traveling from Beale Air force Base to Marysville, California as a small child in the back, and saw in the irrigation ditches in the farm land a little fat girl my age jumping up and down with her arms flapping as her parents hosed her. I was enraged wanted to kill her for looking so stupid.

The anger is natural. What came next, questioning myself as to why, was natural as well, but some people can go a lifetime without developing that further capacity.

The initial angry surge in largely unavoidable. Bewilderment and seething will naturally result, the ability to control, smother, suppress or reason it doesn’t override it’s Genesis.

Remember the final episode of Battlestar Galactica when he choked the fuck out of that bitch? You can’t really suppress that reaction. Stoicism for the most part doesn’t claim (a few do, they aren’t too smart or honest) you can immediately control such a action. Most legal systems separate crimes of passion, oftentimes completely understandable, however otherwise horrible, from premeditated killings. We all get why the loving husband entering into the bedroom, seeing his wife with their neighbor in bed, might go crazy on them. Is it a get out of jail free card? Almost never not, but we all totally get that shit none the less.

Anger needs an outlet, having a go at Turd is mine which doesn’t faze him for he’s a waste material anyway, so all is right in the world. Do I need to trash him more often for his trash talking judgments of pretty much everyone else? He merits my anger and theirs since his unhappiness and dissatisfaction always surfaces in his philosophical trolling? Protective feelings have developed for other members who he maligns with regularity. Am I too angry or is this natural in regards to Turd?

You don’t have anything to weigh you down. It’s just as unfortunate as the the stupid girl. You can be on the outiside, okay, but not “down on the level”. Which, yes, does provide earthly sprititual access. You curse the thing you wish to experience if only for sake of saying there is some wisdom in being stupiid. Don’t you worry super tough, experience weak bitch, you’ll get your humble pie a second before you go to heaven.

You talking to me or the choked out Asian woman from Battlestar Galactica Nano?

Believe me, I tired to scan you Battestar reference. You got me, I didn’t read it all.

This is why you your always angrycyou give up before your finished with things, never cum. Gotta learn to complete your tasks.

Got it. Cum better. Happy to have crossed your path.

Researchers have found that behaviors such as anger, hostility and aggression may be genetic, rooted in variations in a serotonin receptor gene, which may explain why there are several members of a family who have anger problems.

Or why a person could be deemed innocent of all the consequences.

No on the latter. It isn’t neural modulators that is the Hallmark of our type, but inhibitors. We’re a big old fucking operators switchboard for the mind. Serotonin High or Low isn’t the issue, but how we channel that impulse. Someone too young, too stupid (as in retarded) are blameless, but we otherwise learn literally how to control ourselves in situ,and if we find we can’t, learn by a certain age certain situations and crowds are best avoided. I know a guy with tourettes syndrome, impulsice OCD, his disorder crisscrosses over my area alot, so I can catch inside aspects of his thinking. He also has a gambling addiction. Nobody expects him to control his mouth,but we expect him to avoid gambling. He has seen the movie Out Of The Furnace, says it isnt realistic, he wouod know, he essentially is “that guy”.

He also has a bizarre pantyhose fetish, makes strippers put a new pair on each time… thats avoidable too. Cursing in the backroom, barking incessantly isn’t. Its a very fucking funny disorder. Walmart cashiers see him coming with those pantyhose, ask for cash back, all in ones… they know.

Any emotion left uncontrolled becomes a problem. Not only anger. The reason anger is singled out is due to the predominance of passive mindset.

There are two ways in which a passive mindset can judge anger as being fundamentally bad:

1. Because people who are angry are quite likely to cause harm to others, and because passive people judge the worth of actions based on the kind of effect they would have if they were directed at them, anger is judged as negative. In plain terms, anger is bad because someone who is angry at you makes you feel uncomfortable.

2. Because anger is mentally and physically demanding, and because passive people are mentally and physically weak, they have no experience of healthy anger. Instead, they only have experience of frustrated and/or lightheaded anger. Furthermore, if they have no memory of healthy anger, and if they cannot resolve frustrated and/or lightheaded anger without eliminating anger altogether, then they have no choice but to confuse the two: frustration (and/or lightheadedness) and anger. Thus, they think, anger is bad, because anger is equal to frustration (and/or lightheadedness), since when you eliminate anger you eliminate frustration/lightheadedness (but you also eliminate frustration/lightheadedness when you eliminate life, and yet, few argue that life equals frustration/lightheadedness.)

Anger, like every other emotion, is neutral per se. It acquires value only when you relate it to its actor, namely, when you measure the effect it has on its actor.

Anger, like every other emotion, is bad only when it is uncontrolled or misdirected.

There’s a lot of that about… the main type of anger in current climes from my experience and observations, but denial is strong until it is too late and damage has been done and relationships ruined. I do think that drugs has a lot to do with misdirected anger, but again… denial is also strong in those with misdirected anger issues during their weeks or months of comedown.

The modern terminology for all such types is ‘toxic people’… probably because they are literally full of toxins (amphetamines, opioids, whatever other amines / ioids).

I mainly get angry at shitty technology… definitely not misdirected :wink:

What modern technology isn’t Turdish?

A Shieldmaiden,

I wouldn’t necessarily use the word “learned” behavior.
It’s more of an unconscious inner reaction to some kind of stimulus or trigger.
Patterns from childhood which we haven’t been able to “see” and transcend are more instinctive, no?

I don’t know - perhaps the above can be seen as learned behavior.
Is instinct learned behavior?

Anger doesn’t have to be a negative. It just depends on what is provoking the anger and what behavior occurs as a result of it.
If the anger has an intelligent response and one strives to keep it in check, to be more balanced and restrained in its expression, and is directed towards a greater good than it is a positive anger and a conscious one.