Slaves don't dream

I think people dream much more often than they can recall their dreams. When somebody says that he doesn’t dream, it usually means that he can’t remember them. If the working people you were talking to are representative, my question would be whether their repeating daily rhythm (e.g.interruption of their sleep, because they have to get up) has an influence on their ability to recall their dreams.
Would be interesting to know if there is a special technique how to remember dreams. I’ve been told that it helps to keep the eyes closed for 30 seconds after waking up, but it doesn’t work for me.

Dreams are lots of things …

Council with the spirits

Past life regression

Future life progression

Warnings

Just hanging out with people and them hanging out with you

They can be tests for future relationships

They can be allegories for circumstance

Done.

I’d like that actually. It sure beats dreaming that you’re at work, working. :confused:

Slaves dream big and more, spectacularly , as the more blindfolded their eyes, the more their ears expand their consciousness, away from the why’s and butts of it, into the very essence of the sweet soul music.

Remember Joe Tex, Eddie Kendricks, and of course Marvin Gay. They went down burning as falling stars.

The music of slavery eclipses the slavery of music.

Used to, not anymore. These are grim times. We are on the verge of having Justin Bieber music put in Star Wars movies, and all that we struggled for is lost.

I do not believe that waking up early is the equation. I can wake up early from dreams, but if I’m not working, I can remember them. Similarly, if I am working and wake up late in the morning, it is still hard to remember my dreams.

Usually to remember dreams, the conscious mind has to be slowly introduced to the subject of the dream as though watching it independently occurring. That naturally happens when someone casually awakens rather than being awakened by alarms, disturbances, or urgent inspiration.

Those are the times when keeping one’s eyes closed for short while after awakening helps the images bleed into the rising conscious. The important thing is to not think of or do anything else until you are conscious of what the dream was about and can “discuss it with yourself”. And that isn’t easy for many people. People who work regularly seldom have the luxury to gradually awaken with a clear conscious free of distractive concerns.

Dream memories are like faint morning fog images on the window. As the Sun arises, they get burned away very quickly and if they haven’t been photographed into the conscious waking memory (“documented”), there is far too little trace left of them to recall later.

Dreams occur during the REM state of sleep which is the deepest
And so this would be why they very often cannot be remembered

Moments ago, I awoke from a dream. I was dreaming of a group of men conferring on the variety of issues involved in ethics. A client of the company had consigned a colleague to qualify some material to be included in the clients book on ethics. Among other things being discussed, I mentioned that it was interesting that “in another room” I was on the Internet discussing these same kinds of things with “Dr McKay from …” (referring to Danial McKay’s thread on his “new normative theory and PhD thesis”). I was trying to remember what State Dr McKay was in when I awoke.

In this case, I awoke freely, without need to immediately get up. I began to think about other things. But then it humorously dawned on me that I had just dreamt about the thread upon which I had just been posting and that I had promoted McKay to doctor status. As I was rethinking about that dream, it then dawned on me that just prior to McKay’s thread, I had posted on a thread concerning remembering one’s dreams. QED. :sunglasses:

UP,

I find it difficult to believe that a slave or anyone who feels enslaved in a sense would not need such a catharsis that dreaming is capable of giving, such as acting out aggression or giving rise to his/her voice or dreaming of hungering after such things that another kind of life might give and achieving and receiving these things within the dreams.

Well, that’s it; you’re stressed about being fired or laid off. Your dreams are cathartic, as Arc said.

i dream, and i THINK i might be a slave. feel free to prove otherwise to me :slight_smile: hoping I am wrong

but I’m stressed 100% of the time, so that theory doesn’t hold water.

How am I supposed to prove anything without clarity or data.

We’re all slaves at times. It’s a process when it comes to emancipating ourselves… piecemeal.

I think that I may have been a scullery maid in a king’s court in another time. :laughing: O/K

THINKING itself at times causes us to enslave ourselves. Let it go, let it go, let it go…

What causes you to be a slave at times? First we have to see it, acknowledge it, before we can emancipate ourselves.

Thanks Elsa…

…being careful, of course, to distinguish servitude from a slave mentality.

You are quite welcome, gib. :mrgreen: What is that avatar of yours?

I don’t find there to be much of a distinguishing factor between servitude and slave mentality unless you are using the former term differently.
Only that with the former, we are enslaved by others and with the latter, we have enslaved ourselves.
I suppose that "other’ can be a part of our self which we are not familiar with.

That’s Claire Boucher from The Grimes:

I just removed the text.

^ Exactly! That makes all the difference in the world. When you realize you’re only enslaving yourself, you realize you’re completely free.

A slave mentality (aka. victim mentality) is more than just seeing one’s self as a victim–it’s being addicted to complaining. Those suffering from victim mentality will reject real solutions to their problems so that they can continue to complain. They need their problems in order to have something to gripe about. Or if their problems disappear, they’ll convince themselves that they’re still victims in order to feel justified in still complaining. It’s like any other addiction where we can grown accustom to that which is not good for us, and we don’t give ourselves the option of switching over to what is good for us because that requires temporary self-deprivation.

Slave mentality is different from victim mentality.

Trixie, you are the epitome of the slave and the victim mentality.