Plans for a religion

Oh Dan, I’m getting a bit carried away. Sorry.

A Frame Homes have always been a favorite of mine. I’d actually like to build it with the sheet metal roof, a bedroom loft, create lots of stained glass windows, and a stone fireplace. Solar panels and a vertical wind turbine too.

Eye candy.

You like? One massive deck could connect all the homes together with an enormous, stonewalled firepit for community gatherings. I know, I need to stop.

Take a lesson from Trump…

“This is what I want to do. This is why I want to do it. This is how I am going to do it.”

Explicate … and they will come.

Definitely go with whatever works… and whatever works for you. MM’s a-frame teepee-esque house idea is beautiful yet practical… would let in a tonne of light and sun heat.

I like your idea too Dan~ :wink:

You plan on creating a new religious cult? Will there be Koolaid?

I have nothing against visiting the Canadian wilderness however. Dan can play the banjo around a campfire while me and Mongoose roast some marshmallows.

Actually I was thinking maybe just bumming members from buddhism.
And also atheists are welcome.
The ideal of people living together and being freinds is more important than a religion.

Dad and Andrew don’t like my idea at all.
They are ok with andrew spending his spare money on beer and weed.
Buying a new car or stuffing animals you’ve shot.
But when it comes to a commune, giving things to others,
that is some kind of a crime.

These humans are foolish and I won’t let that stop my plans.
It’s only a matter of time until I set something up.

Hmm, I’m always down for visiting. Been a long time since I’ve traveled through the Canadian territories.

Soberity of mind is a huge ideal for me.
But some people like the opposite.
In fact, many people want the opposite.
This, to me, is the reason why alcoholics exist.

I only smoke cigarettes which someday I’ll quit. I drink very little to none of alcohol.

I think it will all start with a camp set up.
Free public utilities and parking space.
Later as money increases, more living space will be made.
Shed sized sleeping rooms will be for winter,
if anyone is too poor to afford better.
Unheated recreational and storage buildings would be for summer.
There will be a large kenel for small dogs, and also chickens in a different place.
Free fried eggs every morning. And free tea.

If my family were to support my idea, it could grow and spread and become perfected a lot faster.
But honestly my family is kinda f-ed up. They will waste time and money.

youtube.com/watch?v=h6K_vxSTFVA

Kurzweil’s consciousness-based-morality, a lot like my own.

Dan,

How’d you get to be so sweet? :smiley:

Funny. I hope it was the product of will.

Recently I explained to some Christian friends why I believe Satan is dead.
He’s not a god, he’s just 1 angel. Corrupt kings don’t live very long.
Even old fashioned gods would kill each other. A really mean sadistic being
would make enemies with everyone and every thing. It would eventually be destroyed by its own evil.

It’s like these christian folks greatly need and require a satan, an enemy of god. Especially the JWs.
I’m convinced that the angelic satan is dead.

Wish I was.

So, i still want to start up a religion or commune. I need to meet more people, i think.

My latest writing is CHOP-church of pantheism.

Preface:
Just as men and women before you, God can be attained, and through God, truth, the true source of creation and the world. There is much confusion in the world. There is a great lack of divine goodness. Many souls travel to earth in order to be separated themselves from the truth, the Creator, and the law. Bad souls have spoiled the earth. This does not mean God is impossible, or evil. God’s power is absent, but it does exist.

Reality and God anatomy:
The universe is growing. It was created out of necessity and progress. It was not created for a cheap thrill, or as a monument to an egoic-god-figure. Matter and energy are important things. They are the consistency and substance of existing and living. God needs substance, and so do we. The universe was born, not built. Reality is natural. Our human intelligence is made of smaller forms of consciousness and mechanism. The cells have some capacities, and when they combine effort and order, they produce thought, and life. Likewise the pantheistic God’s body and mind are made of cells. G-cells. These are similar to people. Each one has power, intelligence, process, order, etc. Angels are part of the God anatomy. Other religious deities, some are parts of the G-cell network. One cell is as powerful as a deity that a human would commonly worship. Not all of these divine figures are part of the divine anatomy, but quite a few are. We as parts of God, have a great purpose. We are meant to produce and help all types of life. Nobody is forced to be a part of their Creator, but many people hunger for this. They want more goodness, less loneliness.

The troubles of the world:
God is incomplete. Likewise all creation is incomplete. One part completes the other, but reality was made due to this incompleteness. The troubles of the world are cyclical disease, and cancerous souls. Sometimes we become hurt or angry because of evil. All negative sensations can be transcended eventually. Discouragement is a big problem in human life. The troubles of the world can be very discouraging. However, everyone can make a small improvement at the least. This world is an example of how good things need our support. Creation and Creator are not entirely divided from each other. Love and courage are keys to a better reality.

What can we do?
[1]Realize that virtue is more important than obtaining pleasure or escaping from pain.
[2]Occupy yourself with important matters and deeds.
[3]Meditation is a form of self-training. It can unlock the truth and clear the mind.
For example, a person could set up a herbal medicine green house. That would be very good and meaningful. Street drugs are examples of things that are dangerous because of how they shift a person’s awareness and priorities over to the drug instead of to the virtue. Waste of time and waste of money are a little bit like street drugs. They can waste or squander a life; or parts of a life. Being able to deny your pleasure is a huge thing. Many people will not do it. I can do it partially, but it is a sign of mastery when you can set aside all pleasures in favor of virtues and noble process. Maybe eventually I can become better too. Love of good is love in a divine form. Pleasure helps to motivate, but pleasure alone, refined, is not a good idea. Dark forces control through fear, and addiction. If we do not fear death, we become free, and it makes the evil rulers less powerful. If nobody wanted drugs there would be no drug mafias and cartels.

The problem of evil:
As far as I can sense, the answer is that the problem of evil is based in disease and temptation. The disease is like a cancer. Something starts out synergistic, harmonious and empowering, then a piece of it goes rouge and defective. The rouge tumor spreads and spreads. Temptation in this case refers to the opportunity to gain at someone else’s expense. Or get a cheap chemical thrill at an unreasonable price. Parasites tend to weaken or destroy their host over time. A parasite is a lot like a tumor. And when our desires betray us, that is temptation. When we get sick, sometimes it is not anyone’s fault. Evil is a lot like a sickness, and you can’t just blame satan for it, or blame free will. Those are cheap and ineffective solutions. When we find a patient at a hospital, the doctor can’t just say that it is our fault. Sometimes things are our fault, but disease and death claims the good and the bad. The problem of evil has to do with imperfections, mistakes, errors. It is the problem of death.

Hi Dan,

How’s this going? Is your religion a work in progress? I’ve got a religion that comes packaged with all the bells and whistles, ready to be deployed at a moment’s notice.

It sounds like you’re a moral objectivist/absolutist, and the way to apprehend the moral truth is by closeness to God. Is that correct?

I’ve always thought that God is the wrong authority to consult when inquiring about morality. Morality is an exclusively human affair. We must consult our communities and ourselves. It is the human conscience which has the final say AFAIC, and there is no guarantee it will agree with those of other human beings.