Plans for a religion

I want to spend my inheritance, when i get it, in the far future, upon a bunch of small interconnected houses.
I will find and invite people to live there. It will be on dad’s farm land, so no rent issues.
We will have gardens and self-supplied organic foods.

The religion of Canada is freedom of choice.
So I must accept that first.
Next, I try to share my beliefs if it can help someone out.

What is to prevent it from becoming merely a group of randomly believing households?
How does “religion” fit into your plan?

I was hoping we would share similar paradigms and beliefs.
I think unity and virtue is more important than beliefs in general.

:text-yeahthat:

And when you call it a “plan for a religion”, do you mean you intend to spawn a new following that will catch on like wildfire? Something that will one day be held up among the great ones: Christianity, Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism, etc.?

I live only a few hours from you (last I checked). I might be willing to convert if I can live there rent free.

Cool. We should talk more about that.
I think the best things wont really become famous.
I can only make the houses once i have enough money, from inheritance.

A United Community of Virtue. From what little you’ve said about this venture, it sounds charming, Dan. I’ll be discussing this with Joker.

You, me, Joker, and Dan, all living in a Canadian commune. Won’t that be fun! :smiley:

The problem with Utopia is it tends not to translate too well to reality

That sounds like a good idea.
Thanks for going to talk to Joker about it.

We suffer but we can still shine.

Sounds like Stephen Gaskins Farm.

If you make the leader of this cult, I will make up a religion they will be eager to follow.

…also Dan, hold a yearly music and food festival and charge 50+ dollars a ticket… works for many land owners here.

Which virtue(s)? O:)

Also, stupid shit usually happens to people who spend their inheretance without planning or wisdom. I know someone who actually was worse off and more in debt After they spent their inheretence.

Imagine winning the lotto, and somehow you are in debt more than before.

I was thinking maybe donations, and the friends come to camp there, and we cook vegeterian food.
The camping is to make more access to people beyond the small house cluster.
I like your idea.

Oh Dan, I’m getting a bit carried away. Sorry.

A Frame Homes have always been a favorite of mine. I’d actually like to build it with the sheet metal roof, a bedroom loft, create lots of stained glass windows, and a stone fireplace. Solar panels and a vertical wind turbine too.

Eye candy.

You like? One massive deck could connect all the homes together with an enormous, stonewalled firepit for community gatherings. I know, I need to stop.

Take a lesson from Trump…

“This is what I want to do. This is why I want to do it. This is how I am going to do it.”

Explicate … and they will come.