Suicide should be available to everyone

Given that he is here because of the open door, everybody welcome policy, and given that he has repeatedly posted the same crazy nonsense without any action being taken and given that the removal is not the beginning of any new policy on consistent moderation, I see no reason to remove the posts. He’s just being singled out for a butt kicking.

Hi Phyllo,

I have had to moderate Ec on various occasions, and have had to move his threads and warn him, so Uccisore is not singling him out out of the blue.

Other posters are moderated just as much, but they accept the moderation and know it is a moderated site.

I hope that makes the situation clearer…

This seems a lot like the principle you previously rejected, “allow anything that’s no worse than the worst thing we’ve ever allowed to stand on the forum.” i.e., if what Ec is doing now is no worse that what he’s done in the past (or what PK has done in the past?), we are obligated to let it stand.

You’ve criticized a lack of standards here, but doesn’t this only allow for increasingly permissive standards? Or is it that we have to raise the standards explicitly and all at once, rather than incrementally?

I think that in the course of life, many have tried to do good so much they repressed the urge to abuse power until they literally didn’t care anymore. The mods themselves, as one is aptly named, are only human, whatever that means when humans dont have full license to what they claim makes them ‘human’. I also think that many have had no compunction about abusing power.

Myself, I accept moderation despite appearance. If we lack the freedom to question moderation at all when we believe it to be faulty, then we are made to accept it as is, beyond reproach, which no entity truly is, and that is faulty.

There is a difference between calling out moderation when it’s faulty and this. This is mostly done because it was seen to be effective when done by someone else and was seen to be cool, badass and even though the difference between right and wrong was known then, it was largely pushed out of the way to let corrupt hopes blossom.

Regardless of standards or expectations, this falls into the category of instinctive and emotional responses dictated by psychology, proving those things to be more than imagined and believed and forced into play. The standards rise on their own, fluctuate based on individual and this is proper moderation mixed with therapeutic healing for those that matter. Obviously there are those whose feelings and reactions, while being noted, matter far less and this also falls into variable psychology, prioritization, etc.

It’s complicated, legalistic, bureaucratical morals and ethics hardlined and hardwired into our instincts and reactions, cause and effect. Bolstered by animalistic ferocity, integrity and the strongest wills in existence. It’s simply called justice, or just punishment.

I never said anything about “the worst”. I don’t why you keep repeating it.

You’re not raising any standard. Uccisore has it in for Ecmandu. That’s all. It’s complete pretense to spin it as anything else.

You seem quite satisfies with the way that this has gone down. Fine.

There is an obvious reason why Ecmandu can’t accept it and why he will keep posting the same stuff over and over.

Either ban him or deal with his problem consistently - ignore the posts or shift them to rant.

I was going to say, hire some kids to physically beat him up, but I’m sure ignoring his posts or moving them will work.

You’re all insane (I refine my meta theories and post on about 40 different conceptual topics)

This is why you are all insane:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=192031

I find it laughable that republicanism is about innovation not being hampered by collectivism, but you want me gone.

Also… It is a fact that if Trumps tax records were hacked, Hillary would be president…

Damn you guys are dumb!!

It actually hurts to be this smart folks.

You’re saying that we should treat the new stuff as we have treated “the same crazy nonsense” h’s posted before. I read that as, “if we’ve allowed a post this bad before, we need to allow it again.” Which is to say, we can only moderate when a post is worse that the worst post we’ve allowed. I keep saying it because what you’re saying entails it.

Uccisore has it in for Ecmandu because Uccisore thinks Ecmandu’s posts are shitty. It’s personal in the sense that the same poster keeps making threads that the moderator sees as shitty in the same way, but that’s different from Uccisore being somehow prejudiced against Ecmandu.

Not really. We’re literally being criticized for a reasonable moderator action to clean up a forum, while at the same time being told that we don’t do enough to clean up the forums. If you want a higher standard, that means more actions like these, that means moderating posts that we might have let stand in the past. It means doing what you’re criticizing us for doing here.

Picture an alternative world where we left the posts. Would you look at them and think, “Boy they have low standards around here”?

We’re damned if we do, and damned if we don’t. That dissatisfying.

Let’s clarify this Carleas…

Uccisore thinks my POSTS are shitty, not not me personally… Right?

Have you read the shit Uccisore says about me??

Yes, in the sense that if you posted differently, your posts wouldn’t be removed.

:laughing:

K: As this has been a thread I have ignored up till now because it is from Ecmandu and
frankly, I don’t think much of anything he writes, I must admit I am surprised I am mentioned
rather frequently in this thread…Often as the boogy man, I admit…but I never thought
Ucci would defend me… I am rather surprised… but let us comment on my “insults”…
have I called for the death or exile of any conservatives? NOPE, have I suggested they
are slower then the rest of us, YEP, but I have given my reasons for such a suggestion,
which as Ucci has mentioned can be agreed with or refuted or whatever…
Have I in the past suggested being conservative is a mental issue, yep and I am
not proud of that… I could have gone a different way with that besides saying
being conservative is a psychology issue… but as I have noted before, I am
working on me and my issues… becoming human is about tackling such things…
creating a better society requires us becoming better people first…and such
is the place where I am coming from…

Kropotkin

You have decided to accept mentally ill members. You don’t ban them (when you discover that they are MI). Mentally ill people will post crazy stuff. They can’t be moderated because they are crazy.
Removing a couple of posts, once in a while, will not change their behavior. Notice that the removal of Ecmandu’s posts produced even more posts from him.
Singling him out while ignoring other crazy posts from other MI members is ridiculous. It’s caused by a personal issue between him and Uccisore.

While this is happening, all sorts of inappropriate posts and spam are allowed by posters who are not MI. These posters would benefit from moderation. There is good reason to believe that they would respond to moderation. The discussions would benefit. The forum would benefit.

There are two major issues … what to do about MI members and what to do about ‘normal’ members who post inappropriately.
Neither issue is being handled well at this point.

My personal suggestions:

MI members - I think that I would ban MI members. If you choose not to do that, then I suggest ignoring their harmless posts and moving the offensive stuff to Rant.

Spammers - Give warnings immediately, move the spam to Rant. Ban them if they don’t clean up their act.

‘Normal’ posters who write inappropriate stuff - They have to be warned. A moderation has to come into the thread and point out how a discussion forum works … Point out that political opponents are not “supporters of terrorism”, people who disagree with them in a discussion are not “insane” or “certifiable”.

“GOP is a terrorist organization”

Anything to say?

“anyone who has posted against Clinton for the purpose
of getting Herr Trumpf is a supporter of terrorism…”

Anything to say?

You also mentioned specific members as supporters of terrorism. Anything to say?

Oh phyllo…

How great of you to call yourself sane!

Any fucking moron knows we’re all crazy

I imagine the quality of intellects you have in your life as friends is very low

Were phyllo in charge who would be banned for being mentally ill [ part from Ecmandu and Trixie and Kropotkin ] Arbitrarily deciding who is and is
not mentally ill however should not be a basis for banning anyone. Even if they actually are mentally ill that is not in and of itself sufficient reason
to do so. Even if the quality of discourse would improve as a consequence and be more related to matters philosophical as the forum title suggests

Thanks.

Since I know that some are sane, then I’m not a “fucking moron”.

Image whatever you like. :smiley:

PK is not MI. Trixie is not MI, she’s pulling your legs.
It’s easy to test … moderate them and see how they respond.

I could do it if it was my site. And I think it would improve the site.

One could alternatively treat everyone equally, without any special consideration for MI. The MIs would keep posting crazy stuff, then they would be warned and since they would not stop doing it, they would eventually be banned.

There is appropriate and inappropriate behavior in every situation.

This is a discussion site. If mental illness disrupts it, then something ought to be done.

So improving quality of discourse and increasing philosophical content are not reasonable goals to strive for at ILP?

Are we here to simply care for the mentally ill?

You guys patting your shoulders still haven’t figured it out yet…

The crazy ones are the sane ones…

A crazy person walks up to me on the street and leaves shaking my hand…

People like you, they’d spit on.

Do you guys really think you’re sane?