Do You Play Elder Scrolls?

Offline only.

Offline too, prefer Oblivion to Skyrim. Yesterday I dug out my old PC disc of Morrowind so Joker could check it out if he was so inclined.

I prefer Skyrim (no weapon or armor degradation, the bow is actually a worthy weapon, etc.), though I bought my first Xbox 360 for Oblivion. I loved Oblivion’s Dark Brotherhood questline. I’d really like a Morrowind remake, but the original Xbox version is too unstable for me to play now (I’m still a console player for the time being). I also loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and now 4. Should appeal to Joker too, I would think.

Me too. I’m addicted to that game. I like playing it in all my escapism glory.

I have a thing for the Bosmer and thieves guild. In private I’m a big nerd, don’t tell anybody! :-$

Yeah, I like archery as well. When I’m not using a bow I prefer utilizing a single sword and shield. Tomorrow I am receiving Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn expansions for Skyrim. Looking forward it.

I’ve heard of the game Fallout but I haven’t played it yet, what’s that like?

Dude. Go and get fallout 3 right now. It’s the only video game that ever got me trapped in video game mode where I had to play it to the end. The fact that you haven’t played it is a travesty. The whole fucking game takes place in the US after the Chinese destroy us in a nuclear war. You’re born in a vault, and taught your whole life that there’s nothing outside the vault, then you break out of that shit and into the wasteland you go. The shit is deep man.

Sounds like a fun game. I’m just now getting into video games all over again. Up until this year I haven’t owned a video game console in eleven years.

I also want to play those Hitman games.

Oblivion’s upsides-more difficult than Skyrim, more choices than Skyrim, and love the colorful landscapes and lighting effects. Joker loves his Skyrim and I am enamored by Oblivion for the reasons I mentioned. The fighting vids. for the dramatic kills in Skyrim are better, but I don’t play to kill, but rather to explore.

Same here, my secondary weapon is sword+shield. (Thieves Guild is my second choice, after Dark Brotherhood. Used to be Bosmer, but now I only care about the stats. Definitely a stealth player, though.) Haven’t played the expansions, and right now I’m postponing it until Nintendo Switch is out. I must say Hearthfire doesn’t appeal to me though, even as I don’t care for the workshop functionality in Fallout 4.

Speaking of Fallout: since Bethesda owns it it’s basically Elder Scrolls with guns. No magic, but I hardly used that in the Elder Scrolls games anyway. It’s '50s-style futuristic.

Don’t really like Hitman. I’m into Deus Ex and Far Cry (3 and later, though not Primal; Far Cry without guns doesn’t really work for me). If you like first-person stealth action, check them out.

Ironically, I like Cyrodiil but not really Oblivion; too empty for my liking. Yes, it’s difficult, in the beginning at least: I was killed by the first enemy I encountered–a rat… [EDIT: That may actually have been Morrowind, in which the first enemy was also a rat.] I always play all these games on the highest difficulty, by the way (unless there is a Survival mode like in Fallout and Far Cry Primal: I already hate inventory limitations without bullets having weight, thank you very much!).

Skyrim, like the Fallout games, is quite homogeneous in its pallet, but I really like their pallets, except Fallout 3’s: that one’s a little too bland for me. Still loved the game, though.

All I know is, I’m about to make the best 2D game ever made. Then I am gonna make the best 3D FPS game ever made.