ILP under Only Humean

“There are no philosophies, only philosophers.” - FN

OH arbitrarily decides what is philosophy and what is not. He has never provided an argument for his actions, seems to relish acting like a dictator. He finds it self-evident that the threads that he removes were unphilosophical. Rather than provide an argument though, he will threaten to leverage or blackmail with information he, as a mod, is privy to.

My argument is as follows: philosophy requires argumentation. We can’t have a moderator of the philosophy forum who isnt willing to make an argument for his decisions.

Often I understand why he moves a post, but not infrequently I find it painful to see he snapped off another budding discussion.

His morals seem to get in the way.

He does indeed have info on me that he can use against me, so I will retire again as I said I was going to.

In the past he has posted some philosophy related thoughts. I seem top remember him also being less arbitrary in his moderating.
Would it perhaps be sensible to demand that moderators contribute?
It feels very grimey to be threatened and talked down to by a guy who shows absolutely no merit or sense of responsibility on a site Ive worked so hard to cultivate.

I guess I do have something of a Communist in me - I hate lazy powerlusty overhead.

Yes, I wear masks - Ive been writing here with different names since 2006, never with the intention to hurt the site, only to express different aspects of my psyche.

Being bullied into shutting up about someones ridiculous actions is not something I very much appreciate - so Ill just post this and leave you thinkers to it, as I said I would, I think ILP is doing very well at the moment, great rise in mentality, this is going somewhere.

(Nothing will change here moderatorwise, I expect that this is brushed off as ‘attention’
-still, a philosopher must speak his heart to his friends, otherwise all is muddle.)

Moved to Meta. Argumentation: it’s a metadiscussion about the board and moderation.

It’s true I don’t offer argumentation, so my general thought process is: if someone’s posted something that doesn’t contain a thesis and hasn’t provoked much discussion, it generally goes to the sandbox. If someone’s (in my eyes) shitposting, it goes to Sandbox, NPC or Rant. If someone’s posting a personal attack or stuff that contravenes the Philosophy Forum Rules it generally goes to Rant. If someone’s posting something that will be better served in Religion, or SGE, or Science, I’ll move it there.

If somebody has sockpuppets/alternative identities to express different perspectives or discuss different topics, that’s all good. If someone gets banned and uses their sockpuppets to circumvent the ban, or continue the bannable behaviour, or stir up shit, then all the sockpuppets share the same ban. This has been so for as long as I’ve been a poster here; if it’s not applied straight away it’s because the poster is considered usually reasonable and not out to cause trouble, which is rare but has on occasion happened. It’s not “using info against you”, so much as “don’t be a dick”, IMO.

As for “His morals seem to get in the way” - don’t everybody’s? Surely that’s just a complaint that our moralities differ?

My morals never get in the way of anything.

The empty set doesn’t do much work.

The presence of a vacuum sucks.
:sunglasses:

Im glad this was cleared up.

And no my sockpuppets werent banned or I wasnt banned as my sockpuppet was banned.
I realize my anger flowed forth from a privileged position.

Hence, OH, my “evasion”. You were being suggestive instead of direct, a play most mods dont make. It wasnt up to me to come forth so as to put you in the position to have to ban them all. I was just observing that ILP is cutting me slack and now OH is confronting me with that.

Its a bit of an annoying position to be in. And I have learned to ventilate all annoyance directly, as the other option is having it fester.

Praise the internet.

Only Humean is the never posting moderator. He never posts anything and moderates with an iron fist. Somebody told me he licks the tears of small children or something to that effect.

I shall endeavour to be more direct, and find other ways to balance my electrolytes.