"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

True, mags, but most of these people sitting here whining and arguing in empty fashions aren’t fixing their problems. Other methods do get employed after a bit, have to be. Then comes the facts of them not being only our issues, spiritual possession is real, the voices in our heads aren’t all ours, people can repress their emotions and force them on us through abusing psychic powers and universal secrets/forbidden knowledge.

I had to fix myself several times to get anywhere with it in terms of self confidence in being a good person and confidence in success before coming to realize beyond myself and the accepted reality of society. Now, I employ a lot of mixed martial arts of the mind, fight a lot, constantly, every day, all day. It’s a pain in the ass, but the stupid sons of bitches made it way too personal. I turn their tricks back on them and they hate me for it, that I dare interrupt their tyranny and oppression.

If our problems were just us, we really would be our own worst enemies, but some of us just are not that stupid. Self preservation.

So far, I’ve been able to go 13 weeks without alcohol and 9 weeks without tobacco. I’ve accomplished this after over 50 years of smoking heavily and drinking at least a quart of beer a day. I attribute my success on these matters to good meds (I suffer from major depression) and good, cognitive therapy. I did not just pull myself up by my own bootstraps. I simply said enough is enough and am trying to stick to it despite my spells of depression.
So it’s not all bad out here in therapy land.

Fixed Cross says thats pretty unspecific.

he gave you a specific what do you do? call it pussy.
lol. **

(he was laughing and pouring resin)

*is that what you call doing good pissing on people doing good… like a good little democrat :imp: :imp:

Most people just too dumb or weak to figure out how to even do one single good thing in a day besides not fucking up entirely for the rest of their life.

Some people have actions they make, they accomplish sometimes, sometimes they manifest, but always they are loathed… by the figureheads of the Demos

you know the man wants sickness for his people
All medicine is uncool or unscientific… unless, you are smart.

THEN YOU WILL MAKE SCIENCE YOUR DOCTOR

:mrgreen: :bulb: :mrgreen:

I found it! ~ Archimedes

i dont believe in quitting but I believe in discipline. Congrats.

salutes

lights heroin pipe and sticks ketamine in black whores ass

Congratulations, Ierrellus, glad for you! Tobacco and alcohol are really paths to psychosomatic unrest… I’ve used tobacco myself, gave it up for good though… and as for alcohol… never was much into that, thank goodness. Some say it’s a multi-pronged attack on the brain

And Ierrellus… while on the topic of Shrinks… I want you to watch “Dark City”, the 1998 film by Alex Proyar (which is considered the precursor of the far more famous The Matrix), specifically Dr. Schreber or someone plays the Shrink.

Thanks. I love science fiction and will see if our library has a copy of “Dark City”.

I’m glad that after all this time you have stopped enjoying victimhood, and taken some steps to improving your life.
Some walking in the fresh air, will also be good for you, as well as helping to clear your lungs of all that tar.

Enjoying victimhood, Lev?
Lev just called you a sadomasochist … a psychosadomasochist. But who enjoys depression?

PS: Talking about long words beginning with “psycho”, there’s one I hate: psychopharmocology. Pseudo-scientific bunkum disguised in white collar criminality.

I’ll take the liberty of sharing with you an email I received. I can’t help this guy… is there anyone out here who can?

Here it is:

#1:

[i]you may help me solve one problem to which I got due to a mistake made by a doctor. I was misdiagnozed with schizophernia and treated with atypical antipsychotics for roughly two months. I’d say it was a heavy treatment.

I did some research about issues associated with antipsychotics mode of action, and I have a suspicion that my dopamine receptors (particularly D2 and D3) stayed upregulated to a certain extent above normal. I wonder if you can assess or estimate the extent of DA receptor upregulation based on a dosing regimen and a time that passed since the last dose. I would send you the dosing regimen.

This information would greatly help me because I could work with it further.[/i]

#2:
Nice to get to know you too!

<<But I’m afraid that I’m no expert in this very specific area of biochemistry.>… he’s quoting me…>

[i] And do you know someone who is?

I’m sending it in an attachment.

I’m actually applying the method for downregulation of DA receptors by levodopa use (studies confirmed this). I feel a lot better, but in fact, I’m not really sure whether there is still an upregulation. Neither I’m not sure how much levodopa daily is needed for downregulation and for how long.

Is there any need for cannabis, then?[/i]

<<You know… as always, I’d advised him to explore cannabis>>

Attachment:

[i]Treatment lasted about 2 months.

First 48 days (daily, taken together):

• Sulpiride 3 x 50 mg
  • Olanzapine 3 x 5 mg
  • Clonazepam 2 mg

Note: In first 2-4 weeks (don’t know the duration), the Sulpiride and Olanzapine were replaced by these:

• Risperidone 1 mg (max 3x daily)
  • Amisulpride 50 mg (max 3x daily)

Next 21 days (daily, taken together):

• Sulpiride 3 x 50 mg
  • Olanzapine 2 x 10 mg
  • Clonazepam 2 x 0.5 mg

I titrated off the medication in about a week, in January 2016.

Then, from June to September (4 months) I took Cabergoline 0.5 mg twice a week to lower prolactin.

I know that it’s relatively long time since last dose, but from my observation and from experiences of other people, I believe that my DA receptors must still be upregulated to a certain extent (+ lowered DA levels and neurotransmission), because it is said that upregulation (caused by medication or not) itself decreases neurotransmitter levels, and for downregulation, you need to “flood” receptors with it’s ligands, and since there is lowered DA activity, I assume that it would take some time to down-regulate receptors to optimal density and at the same time balance DA levels and neurotransmission to optimal state, in my opinion.[/i]

By now, the poor guy is freaking out and sticking to 50 point protocols as part of his daily routine… anyway, I replied to him:

I think you have no cause for concern or worry, it is very easy to help you become normal, no need for complex protocols.

I have understood the brain well enough to know that:

a) As of now, Psychopharmacologists do not understand the brain at all.
Therefore drugs (especially antipsychotics) are useless or harmful at present. Considering latent side effects, there are no “good” artificial drugs…
Antipsychotics cure symptoms, but they do this by blocking all thinking, thus making the person a vegetable.
Thankfully, 2 months is not a very long time, and your writing seems to be sane, you shouldn’t worry much. Especially since we have access to such a great healer, as I describe in the next point:

b) Cannabis – a minimum of 2 - 3 doses a week (each dose = 4-5 puffs from a joint or vaporizer) of a medium strength strain – can help heal the brain from any damage, as it is a vital nutrient which boosts the qualitative, axonal parts of the brain*, and causes neurogenesis (birth of new neurons).
But if you take too much of it, it causes lethargy and laziness by depressing the dopamine levels, so that’s not advised either. Stick to the dosage I prescribe. Caution: make sure you get only pure cannabis, not adulterated with anything…
If you can vaporize instead of smoking, do that.

c) I must know: Do you smoke tobacco? If you smoke tobacco, STOP at once. I cannot over-stress the importance of stopping tobacco 100%.
Even though it may be difficult at first.
Stopping tobacco will heal the brain very rapidly. In case of cannabis ON and tobacco off, very quickly, you will see that neurocontrol over all organs will return, thus curing impotence, curing insomnia and giving you deep sleep (and that will further heal the brain, and impart wakefulness when awake).

Do not touch any medicine except cannabis.

d) Begin sprinting. 100 meters * 10 per day, as fast as you can. This will your energize your main brain, enteric brain (core), and body.

e) Try sticking to a diet of roughly this pattern:
200 grams of varied vegetables, 200 grams of varied fruits, and 100 grams of carbohydrate and fibre, sufficient amount of fat & protein, and as much water as possible. Supplements are not required if diet is proper.

f) Sleep at least 8-10 hours a day. Cannabis will help with that, if required. Also, I must know, what is your age, weight, and blood group?
Just to help with the diagnosis and advice…

And this will be my general advise to just about anyone who presents with the classic form of mental complaints…

May 15 is the feast of Saint Dymphna day. Google to find the story of Dymphna and the Gheel community of Belgium.
I was able to attend one Gheel Society meeting and found it helpful.
Did you know there is a patron saint for the mentally ill?

Dymphna “the patron saint of the nervous, emotionally disturbed, mentally ill, and those who suffer neurological disorders”

Very interesting…

Almost reminds me of Seshat, “the Ancient Egyptian goddess of wisdom & knowledge” (and thus we can say mental health) … who is commonly associated with cannabis*

Maybe that’s how Dymphna cured the mentally ill?

“The US National Shrine of St. Dymphna was located at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Massillon, Ohio” – Ohio is supposed to be one of the most hardliner anti-cannabis US states, isn’t it?

Don’t know any connection between Dymphna’s healing techniques and use of cannabis. Beheaded at 15, she didn’t have much time to perform miracles. The so-called cures happened because the town of Gheel welcomed the mentally ill into the townspeople’s homes. Her “miracles” had to do with the church built for her.
Yes, her shrine is still in Massillon, 13 miles from where I live. And yes, Ohio is diehard anti- pot. I am not on that bandwagon because I have Am Native friends who are into it.
So far I’ve gone 28 weeks without tobacco and 35weeks without alcohol.

Gheel had to do with removing the stigma of mental illness,

Indeed. Very interesting thanks for pointing this out…
Yeah if you’re a serious etymologist and see the 2 "E"s in succession in the name (rarest of the rare…)… you understand why the Irish namesake city “Gheel” is, in stated policy, atypically… “pro-Aspergian” (aka Aspergian Autist)… (1)…

1. gheel.ie/

Congratulations on having quit tobacco and alcohol…
You must be already feeling awesome (or soon will, once your system gets used to the lack of these chemicals… though maybe you should wait a few more weeks and i hope not – for alcohol – months… alcohol’s withdrawal is of legendary ferocity from what i can fathom)

If you’re into history, interesting read:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Geel

Congrats on your hard work paying off. I am glad to hear that psychotherapy has been helpful to you.

Knowing what you know 9 months later, what do you think should be the key focus for an industry trying to help others in similar situations?

Thanks, Captain. I’m no role model for anyone, just lucky at ridding myself of some toxic addictions. I’m still an addict by nature and am still mentally ill. About the depression, meds and good counseling can help, but cannot totally erase the deleterious effects of genetics and society. About the addictions, I thought long and hard about how I would like to live the last years of my life. I’m 74. I could not have given up these addictions at 50.

I did drug counseling for a few years. It’s tough work watching people fail so often. I learned to measure success not by lack of relapses in my clients but instead in how long they stayed clean. And also that even if many fail to stay clean this time that they can remember what they learned and try again.

Earlier detection and prevention of full blown, untreated mental illness by way of offering healthier alternatives earlier in life. Many people with mental illness self-medicate with all sorts addictions to “stabilize” themselves, but once you live an unbalanced life for so long, do you even understand what moderation is any more?

I really can’t diagnose any pressing mental issue in you, Ierrellus…

I’m sure he understands moderation, Wendy darling…

(but moderation works only for some things like weed, i’d not go anywhere near tobacco even in a moderated way)…

Lose not hope. You may be old, but i think what has been wronged, can be repaired to a remarkable extent… now even the mainstreamers are accepting what some of us have been saying here…

theguardian.com/science/201 … ggests-thc