Shorter Typology

The Similar Minds website has descriptions of all the Myers Briggs types. The descriptions for Intj matches up with Asperger’s syndrome and the descriptions for entj matches up with narcissism. Intp and Intj tend to have Asperger’s

I am TheTrollEmperorOfDoom on that site, one of the top experts on typing over there. Don’t refer me back to me as a explanation.

Kimani,

Your theory describes and classifies the types but it doesn’t explain how they came about. In your theory, you are taking them as a given. The archetypes, if you choose to use them, are not static either because different life events and circumstances will bring out certain qualities over other. In other words, people change (maybe not completely, but there is a possibility for a significant personality change throughout life). So your model can show what appears to be but not how it came out or how it may change in the future. The validity of a model should also address an element of predictability/continuity, or causal relations, because people, after all, are not statues. Why is one a hero? Why is one a designer, etc?

We actually call that copyright infringement. Notice Meta over a similarminds went through great lengths to explain how he took his 16 type test from Jung’s typology and not MBTI?

Your explanation here shows you just lazily lifted.

You can’t copyright ideas, but you can’t precise terminology in systems. If you can show that your basing it off of studies of the mind, with a anatomical basis to it, the MBTI group can’t touch you as far as critism and explanation goes, but it still wouldn’t be ‘your’ system. You gotta show the faults of MBTI and build legitimately upon it.

A anatomist can’t “copyright” a organ of the body if they discover it during dissection, and any attempt to sue another medical professional from analyzing the system the previous doctor proposed, saying “part right, but from further analysis, organ X does this and that, not what was originally assumed” would be laughed away by any judge. MBTI claims to be just nebulous enough that your not able to lock it down to anatomy, it’s just concepts. Of course, everyone experienced in it quickly moves to either the Jungian or Neurological models fast, because MBTI aggressively sues anyone and everyone. They make a lot if money from training people in bullshit seminars, pricey ones. Very easy system to learn, don’t know why people bother.

myersbriggs.org/legal/

You gotta do a tad bit more than delete NTs as a independent type. Your like, completely vulnerable right now to a lawsuit. I can’t stress the need for you to go back and put some original thought into your system, reworking the mechanics you 99.99999% took from others. If you tried this in college, they would of expelled you for this.

Someone on a forum tried to make the case that I was borrowing ideas from the Pearson Marr which was false because the PM doesn’t deal with mental illness at all. but I’ve never borrowed any ideas from the MB. No one has ever said that or accused me of that. I showed the correlation between my work and the M.B. But that’s all. the child psychiatrist and the retired professor who are helping me don’t think I am in any danger of being accused of that.

That’s the first step, now you gotta change it up, or at least explain it uniquely, or come up with a clever cover story as to how you developer it COMPLETELY on your own.

Oh you thought that since I brought up Similar Minds that I had used that to come up with my idea. I had developed this years before I visited similar minds and made any correlation between mine and the M.B. This is completely independent of Myers Briggs

Yes, you gotta keep explaining that, and create a move convincing background story too. You’ll need it.

We are submitting a proposal to DC Public Schools’ research division this month. We are trying to get it approved to do field testing at universities.

For me, The Professional outranked The Designer while both being the 105 and above required.

What happens if there is a tie in the findings?

Is this for people who have a DSM diagnosis and are career oriented? I didn’t understand the importance between a mental health diagnosis and a career potential which was only touched upon in your introduction.

Good luck on your endeavors.

If it’s a three way tie it usually is a sign that you don’t have any disorders. A two way tie doesn’t necessarily mean that.

The career guide slant isn’t the main focus of the project. Im trying to get this theory used in psychology classes such as personality psychology, abnormal psychology and tests and measurements. the career guide part is accurate. These are the most suitable careers for those with these disorders. But currently I think there is more potential for university use.

The same results as when I was younger… talk about a balanced mind. :open_mouth:

From the Similar Minds website:

What were your results for my test?

I used the test results from several INTP forums to develop a rubric/threshold score for my theory.

I gotta calculate this up myself?

Give me a minute while I take (and calculate) the test.

83 - the designer
93 - the professional
61 - the charmer

I usually identify as INTJ or INTP, but this result seems to fit as well.

If none of my scores meet the 105 threshold, does that mean they don’t reliably tell my type?

I always take these assessments conservatively - I don’t give a lot of high scores for fear something will be disproportionately weighted and throw the test off. I find it easier to give the minimum score (0) when I’m sure that something is not me at all. It’s interesting to think that the type of person you are affects the way you approach the assessment in the first place.

If none of your scores meet the threshold it just means you don’t have any of these disorders. But if you’re not giving yourself high scores on purpose then it might throw everything off as far as your score.

University field testing hasn’t been done yet. But I have been doing my own field testing on INTP forums. So based on the data I collected / gathered from those groups I was able to establish a pretty reliable rubric.

The proposal is almost finished. These are the guidelines for the proposal

dcps.dc.gov/sites/default/files … Data_0.pdf

Shorter Typology has gone viral. This is incredible. Hundreds and thousands of people are looking at the site every day. Someone is taking it every minute. I’m on the front page of dozens and dozens of psychology google searches. I actually come above Wikipedia entries in psychology google searches. Going on Myers Briggs forums and Typology Central really paid off. People may not post their scores that often but they are definitely looking at the site. It’s amazing how you can put something on the Internet and within a few years it snowballs and takes off and becomes this huge thing.