What Of Your Essence?

Pneumatic,

Your claimed essence, not the overall essence of humanity. Who are you?

Kris, that’s so sad.

So you’re not a monist? Are you an “infinitist”?

Ah, we have Descartes himself here to solve all our problems! :smiley:

The “bare essence” thing comprising consciousness, I can understand, but the mortality? What do you mean by “mortality”?

And what is your “suggestive” theorem? And what makes it “suggestive”? Should I even ask that question? Probably not. :laughing:

Indeed.

Your essence is merely yourself in a nutshell lol if that even makes sense but yet it’s all that there is to be determined by only you… :-$ :bulb:

My essence is to want to resolve the need of God’s need, or to create the beginning of time. The universe is the result of collision, because time wasn’t able to begin.

“An examined life is not worth living.”

“The noblest of all studies is the study of what man/women is, and of what life they’ve lived.”

“The energy of the mind is the essence of life itself.”

Insight please regarding those un-examined quotes. :smiley:

They need not be examined. They’re the most basic of quotes about life and it’s essence from the top tier philosophers, Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.

Did you intentionally put your own spin on them or was there error there?

Blindly following the authorities, huh? That is the last thing a true philosopher should do. Philosophy is all about examination–even when at face value the idioms in question seem self-evident.

For example:

“The noblest of all studies is the study of what man/women is, and of what life they’ve lived.”

Are we so sure? Many would argue that the noblest of all studies is what we should do, not what we are.

And who says the unexamined life is not worth living? Can’t one live a full and rich life without examining it?

And what do you think a materialist would say about the energy of the mind being the essence of life itself?

Not entirely, the messages have trailed from past experiences. And to say those philosophers are authoritarian …uuumm… no. They were teachers, possibly better educators than those of our modern day.

So who’s (“the many”) lol. Please read the whole entire quote of mines. "Of what men/women IS

Indeed one can live a life to the fullest with out investigation into deeper metaphysics of one’s being. Yet this is only a metaphor I’m sure of it, I can’t for a minute believe it’s a dictum, come on. it appropriates that a life not researched is just that a life unknown and totally void of investigation, not to be worth living…

I can’t think for a materialist, yet I’d say to one… Just know what the mind holds, it’s possibly the most dangerous weapon ever made. It’s pure energy and functionality is more valuable than that of what materialistic people think is more important. knowledge is the basis for all arrangements…

The information there was more easily obtainable lol sorry for the confusion. I thought it to be exceptionally evident… This being I Love PHILOSOPHY and all :laughing:

Why is power bestowed on those who try to skirt it? The eager are always chasing power. The skirters, those who fear their capabilities end up with it.

Not true. Those who fear their own capabilities (and I’ve seen this too many times to count) have not that power to gain, cause they just can’t, not having faith in their own capabilities to attain what power is available. Yet they are only eager, and continue to pursue, learning and accumulating more knowledge to have that capable faculty.

Which is well on the road to authoritarianism.

Presumably that would determine what we should do? Why not just say it directly? Otherwise, it would require examination.

But if you agree that a life without investigation into the deeper metaphysics of one’s being can still be full, then how is it not worth living?

Right, 'cause that would convince them that mind is more than just matter. The point isn’t what you would argue, the point is that such a question doesn’t need examination. You shouldn’t have to argue anything.

Is true. Have you never met those who fear what they are capable of? Those who are pending further notice who feign weakness just to sidestep destiny? Tricky, tricky business it 'tis.

UUUuuuhhh… Well I did say no… It’s not enforcing any obedience into what is acceptable. Philosophers allowed us to think freely on our own self-will. Again, philosophers aren’t at all authoritarian in my views.

Once over this is a reason we really shouldn’t presume things. See here, if you’re confused on this, I will clarify and instill. Now, “The noblest of all studies is the study of what man/women is”. This obviously entails that (i.e. man/women) no matter what form or shape, they become changed developing and adopting new ways of thinking and knowledge, by constant learning. So, whatever they be and their entire consistency of having learned from life, this is what is the noblest of all studies.

LIKE I SAID, it’s more of just a metaphor in my eyes…In other words it’s not literal.

First off is the mind not more than matter anyhow?
Secondly, your questions are having to go over examination extensively. :laughing:
Argumentation is just another “Authoritarian” or “Philosophical” discipline. There are rules to relativism. Further-more how does monism not hinder dualism. In this, allow me to ask, is not idealism and physicalism conflicted of one another being self-contradictory? With this I’d remain as pluralistic with all matter of life.

As I’ve stated… “Have not the power to gain” Are we speaking of the incapable or of the capable here, come on??? :laughing:

The overly capable, the too qualified, prowess-based gifts galore in all lifetimes. The chosen. Ones who knew, remembered, this early on.

I didn’t mean authoritarian in the political sense; I meant it in the pedagogic sense. You are treating them as authoritarian by saying their quotes need no examination or questioning–like they are the authorities on the matter and what they say is infallible.

You’re explaining what the quote means but not that it’s true (let alone self-evidently true).

And like I asked: what is it a metaphor for?

Awe, well I understand what you mean here. So by that, it’s just that they were gifted in the teaching that were surrounded entirely on scientific facts and indisputable evidence. So…

Well from what it actually means, isn’t self-evident at all? Now if it’s true isn’t my whole thesis. Yet I was trying to clarify that for you my apologies. “Presumably that would determine what we should do? Why not just say it directly? Otherwise, it would require examination.” Yet, you did only want it directly otherwise it would require examination.

Are you trying to exacerbate this? “it appropriates that a life not researched is just that, a life unknown and totally void of investigation, isn’t worth living…”

Well that’s what i thought, I thought we were speaking of philosophers as being authoritarian. All that need to be clarified as well I guess :laughing: . Yet Argumentation is just another study or discipline am I wrong??

Self-contradictory in that they totally contradict each self. It’s more of them not being to exist without the other in life, both being an understatement of the other in other words. So, forgive me here, but i think I explained this just now… [-o<

Also to suggest you Sir Gib didn’t answer the question accordingly :laughing:

It’s intelligent to ask questions though… That’s from where I obtain all my best material.