Philosophy is Friendship

That’s not what I’m looking for from my music… that’s you.

I have never seen the term EDM being used… either for e-invites or e-flyers, but I do see the terms Dance Music or Electronic being used. I will post some examples when I find them.

…if you want to buy a piece… yes, to enjoy a piece… no, you don’t.

I liked the track… I still like the track. Would you prefer I didn’t?

Like friendship, right? Why you are ignorant of both.

‘Friendship’ emerges from the emotions of bonding which would in general facilitate survival and continuation of the human species.
Philosophy is not friendship in any significant sense.

The “Philosophy of Friendship” will generate greater utility.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship
One can add a philosophical spin to the above.

Friendship is ontological if anything is. Ask Contra Nietzsche. It’s what produced armed forces.

Nietzsche, but also most other happy philosophers (like Liebniz), often addressed their most poignant points at friends. Gotta mean somethin’.

Indeed Pezer
all who have read philosophers know this is so. Look just at the Greeks.

You are only the second responder to be on point, not surprising - the rest, besides often clearly lacking in knowledge of friendship, seems to have read “friendship equals philosophy” … lolwut.

Jakob,

Is the motivation behind resistance always about trying to prove that one is someone’s equal?

What does this mean?

I don’t know, Jakob but it seems to me by the above statement – I intuit that if someone is loyal because the other is so powerful, then that loyalty hinges on something which is lacking in the self and which that self needs to be a part of.
How can a friendship be based on that? If someone loses power, than what happens to the friendship? What is there to make it constant?

Powerful in which way? That’s a very nice affirmation BUT it’s only subjective thinking on your part, no?

Can you explain this, Jakob?
What is your personal power used for? Is a sense of power the most important factor in your life?

lol Do you really feel that way about yourself, Jakob? How do we get to be so courageous in our vanity and so cowardly in our humility?
Yes, you are brilliant in some ways and extremely knowledgeable. Perhaps you are like Lucifer in a sense bearing his light but like Lucifer and his pride and arrogance, there could be a fall waiting in the wings.
Do you not see anyone as more than you - Pezer aside?

He may just need to work on the phrase which I colored.
I understand the need for human beings to be affirmed but why do you feel the need to be above?
Aristocratic outlook? Is Pezer the guy in the videos with you?
What do you mean by aristocratic outlook? Can you define that. I can google it but I’d rather have your vision of him.

Pezer is the very first person who you have ever come across who has courage?

What is a hero, anyway?

I am simply proud and happy to have found a few people that estimate me properly, people who I can properly estimate without insulting them; high souls. There is only pride and happiness involved with that. It is a huge privilege.

As you know, we Nietzscheans do not frown on power. On the contrary.
‘Friendship’ based on anything else is a parasitical state.

All people love power, power is what people love in others; if they aren’t fearful wretches, in which case they love others weaknesses.
You, Arc, too love only power. I can see you.

Haha.

No, dear, that is subjective thinking on your part.

Who of us two has been spending time with Pezer?
I am sure you can see the fallacy in your thinking here.

Power sets goals; ‘my’ power uses ‘me’ to set and attain goals.
I recommend a reading of Nietzsche, Arc, I am sort of worried about this ignorance of what a Nietzschean philosopher means when he says “power”.

Shall we start a book study on a Nietzsche volume?
We used to do that back in the day on the Nietzsche Campfire. There is so much to be explained.

As my great friend Arthur Schopenhauer said: “With people of limited ability modesty is merely honesty. But with those who possess great talent it is hypocrisy.”

I am no moron, I would not say such extravagant things if I wasnt helplessly sure, had not become sure over time through experience, a lifetime of discussing with scientists, philosophers, priests, shamans, politicians, and so many other types… that no one else has a fucking first clue what do do with the matters that were brought to light in the 1930’s. [edited out some education history that may be perceived as bragging] I have always been forced to consider other minds remarkably puny and unprepared, simply because of how dumbstruck they always are when I address a matter; it is as if I am the only one who addresses the most humbling and scary matters of the mind head on.

No,thats exactly what it is.

Yes, Arc, I fully mean what I say, and to be honest, any person - let me say any man, who responds to such a claim with axiomatic disdain for such pridefulness, who isnt tempted to inquire why I feel this way - is less than human. Such men are precisely what fascism is; what Pol Pot was. Such mean are truly vermin to me. Lower, in all the literal senses, than all other mammals.

the human mind gives rise to strengths, but mainly to weaknesses; it is after all so apt to fear, to be jealous, to dread itself. I see people like Phyllo, I see how hollow they are, I see them daily with their grey faces.

I can’t say too much about that, as per aristocratic code - but just pay attention to his way of standard-bearing.

Not at all, you quite dramatically misread!

There is nothing wrong with pride so as long it is realistic. Your pride, however, is not realistic. You are quite simply delusional.

Don’t bother playing the “you don’t know me” card, because I do know you. I do know you because you do nothing on this forum but make yourself known. You are a narcissist who does nothing but talk about himself.

Very sad that you still try to defend yourself by appealing to “they just jealous” argument.

Jealous exactly of what? of delusions of grandeur?

Tell me, what is there to be jealous of?

The point is to be realistic not to merely remain unaffected.

Feelings are a superficial phenomenon. With a simple neurosurgical intervention, you can produce any kind of feelings you want. Indeed, pills would be enough. If you know how to do it, even meditation would be enough.

It thus makes no sense to pride yourself in how unaffected, how free from negative feelings, you are.

You just make yourself look like a fool.

The point is to master reality not to run away from it.

Running away from it is no challenge.

You might devalue me for this simple question , Fixed, but who is Pezer? I’ve not been here too long, lets say.

Pezer is known here now as pezerocles, and used to be “filmsnob” and before that “pezermeregild”.
You can read his thoughts here.
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi … 1&t=177148

In 2015 he suggested I visit him in Montreal, as a result of which I discovered that humanity isn’t in quite as bad a shape as I had thought.
For identification, in the passenger seat here;
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXvgF3n9pw

He is also the one who interviews me here.
youtube.com/watch?v=pUq5MrU2A4s

Also starring here.
youtube.com/watch?v=6DSEGTuOIis

The guy is a genius, its very annoying that he has withdrawn, and on the other hand, perfectly sensible.
Weirdly Id have to call him the most realistic person I ever knew.

Now none of all that woud mean much to you. But you asked. It is hard to describe friendship in general terms, as all real things are composed of particulars and recognize themselves in other through shared particulars, experiences of a specific nature, interpretations and mindsets of similar qualities, etc — the hallmark of a friendship is that t doesn’t communicate itself outward via generally sensible terms; friends mainly laugh at the fringes of their intelligence.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8HDN-z_z64[/youtube]

Thank You for that, although, along with Cantor I am inclined to go along with the notion that most things are connected within a general architecture, and all things should, in a particular, specific ones.

I do hope, though, that such a a realization to occur, doesent cost me as much,.

I must object that the general, most general of all architectures is the self-valuing logic, which reverses the hierarchy of the content under the proposition. Friendship is the beginning of architecture even for the mere fact that it is hard going about building, and thus conceiving of building a significant aedificium by oneself. Note the young duke of Edinburgh trying to raise the fence after the dreaded nazi funeral with the oblique wall of soldiers.

The architect is the shaman.
“Help!” is the universal clavicle.

For the sake of friendship, allow the myopia of propositional logic, inasmuch as it is not a cure , except maybe for the symptoms of the vanity , which has not been demonstrated to be merely a personal phenomenon, to allay nihilistic fervor

The weltshmertz is widely shared, and the opiate is a biochemical concoction. Lewin was misunderstood as well when he characterized the myopia of a patent mathematical solution, he probably only meant it as a faux attempt on those to whom death meant something real.

And the list goes on for misunderstood souls , who can not change their vocabulary into contextual meaning, afraid of being invaded by a viral maelstrom.

To this day some feel, that maladjustmemt is not merely a trait, but can be passed on like a cold.

(Stupid Laugh) Yeah. What’s up with that?! :laughing:

I did kinda feel like it turned into a geriatric reboot of a Jerry Springer episode. Yet, only in philosophical form.

:angry-cussingargument:

:angry-boxing: