Can we change the name of the "Non philosophical chat" back

It’s really a subjective politics forum that people are trying to get at here…

Uccisore basically won’t let me post in his forum, that’s subjective politics…

Rant is where all this stuff goes…

Social science is rant, right??? Blocked by web searches!!!

Some of the best threads are in rant … Censorship from the public eye for sure …

So I’ve learned to post in other forums…

This is just politics though …

Meta, is a discussion about the website politics…

But that’s only a single thread for us …

There should be a forum called, and with the disclaimer, politically incorrect …

Like bill maher …

…a bit vague, no? but inkeeping with your theme…

The scrapbook?

Mental montage?

Food for thought?

Musings?

Fire? Dumpster fire? an odd pairing.

Fiery musings?

On a mad thing? :laughing:

Den of iniquity? still a firm favourite of mine…

Ramblings?

Boisterous banter/ramblings/musings?

Actually, I do think that No Philosophy Allowed is pretty self-explanatory and adamant.

I vote for No Philosophy Allowed.

We’re just throwing ideas out there at the moment Arc, so hold your horses :laughing:

I prefer the original titles. This site was one person’s idea and it worked. It drew all of you and me here. Progress and change is necessary yet, we need the past as well. Home is home.

Kris are you saying that we should go back to the days of slavery because we need the past and because tradition and stuff?

Damn hon did that reach hurt?? :slight_smile:

Hmm… just a thought here. How about naming it the HOLD YOUR PHILOSOPHICAL HORSES - WAY BACK thread?
o/k

Carleas would have to spend the rest of the year digging up beautiful posts and moving them to forums where they are allowed.

Lets just do away with the hilarious but ridiculous idea that anyone comes to a site called ilovephilosophy for non-philosophical chat.

It makes me laugh every time I think about it. That must have been such an odd conversation leading up to the decision.

mundane babble was a cool name. it doesnt explicitly deny philosophy and is casual.

General chat would work but is dry.

Cantina or something? Something suggestive of leisure.

psst

Hi Jakob,

A bit of irony and sarcasm there, Jakob? I don’t want to presume what you actually meant by that.
You certainly cannot be saying that philosophers are anti-social creatures, can you?

Can you elaborate on that. What odd conversation and what decision?

“Down Time” just occurred to me. Simple and without affect.

:slight_smile:

Chatter

We are talking arent we? So no. What I said is that we come here because we love philosophy. Obviously we would not go into a forum if we actually thought of it as “non-philosophical chat”.

The decision to take on that name.

I laughed.

This is reductive. A site dedicated to philosophy, that attracts people who love philosophy, can still have an area dedicated to non-philosophical chat. Academics go to bars, politicians take up painting, sports players read books. None of this is at all inconsistent. We are a forum for philosophers, but philosophy cannot be all of a philosopher’s life.

I like “Down Time” too. Maybe that addresses Jakob’s concerns as well.

Um, I disagree. Every part of my life is basically philosophy. Even when I’m chatting non-philosophically, I’m still being philosophical. I wake up every morning and piss philosophy.

Same here. I had figured that outlook for more or less universal among ILP posters. But then Carleas hasnt been posting for a good while.

Carleas, or another mod; a request then to move some of my threads to the Philosophy forum. Please transfer this one as soon as you get the chance…
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=188756
I’ll put up most of my threads for transfer. I am beyond wanting to post my thoughts in a “non-philosophical chat” forum.

Thanks.

You say that, but it looks like you’ve posted in the “Post a Picture of Yourself” thread over 300 times.

Anyway, this is besides the point since we’re talking about what the name should be. What do you think of “Down Time”?

Fixed Cross?