What Of Your Essence?

Hey, stop adoring me right now! :smiley:

Believe it or not, I actually do.

:-"

Fortunately, I don’t have emojis enabled but if I did I would have one of two people hugging.

it’s where your breathe derived from

Well, my essence is unknown to me.

Krisswest, it really should be known by you at this stage. We make it harder than it should be.

Essence is the essential qualities that make one wish that is a permanent feature of what makes them who they are, and without which, one wouldn’t be what one thinks they are, or that feature that one thinks others think they are.

Either way, the core of you is essential to you. Some people don’t believe in that core, some do Depends on where they are coming from.

I really believe that the core survives, if it is strongly, very strongly and unrevokably attached to who they think they are, and they cannot let it go.

The question still remains, as to what happens to a dis attached core? Does it float away into the great blue yonder, and end up as ghostly apparitions, disembodied energy packs, hopelessly floating around, hoping against hope to find another body, or they disintegrate as do particles os sand caught in a severe desert storm?

Or, if not let go, part and parcel, do they immediately reincarnate by the strong binding force of their personality, joining forces with some satanic cult to steal souls, so the can have their bodies?

And what of the stolen bodies of some worthy soul, who was too naive to feel an evil presence?

Are they in better shape as far as that goes? They certainly can not play a Faustian trick and reclaim their bodies, since they are simply too ‘good’ for that.

Most people seers included would opt in that case for the special case, that the kind of naive goodness required to be able to disbelieve in any kind of evil presence, must have reached the realms of satori, of immediate and intentatinous enlightenment, where time and space cannot constitute a restraint, and there is nowhere no time to go, because they are everywhere at all times, or nowhere at any time.

Such essences are never noticed, because they adapt to variable levels of size and shape, becoming unnoticeable at times, at others, stand out as Giants and gods.

Depends on Their mood and disposition.

At my core I liveto learn, desire a body that is not filled with pain for as long as I can remember, and the continued obstinacy that ignores the pain and finds love, laughter and really damn cool things in this life. My essence then would be fighting and never quitting.

My essence here on earth is everything that I am in the body and everything I am in the mind, and it would be on course towards change too.

Your bare essence is comprised of consciousness and your mere mortality … Postulated therefore by my suggestive theorem.

Pneumatic,

Your claimed essence, not the overall essence of humanity. Who are you?

Kris, that’s so sad.

So you’re not a monist? Are you an “infinitist”?

Ah, we have Descartes himself here to solve all our problems! :smiley:

The “bare essence” thing comprising consciousness, I can understand, but the mortality? What do you mean by “mortality”?

And what is your “suggestive” theorem? And what makes it “suggestive”? Should I even ask that question? Probably not. :laughing:

Indeed.

Your essence is merely yourself in a nutshell lol if that even makes sense but yet it’s all that there is to be determined by only you… :-$ :bulb:

My essence is to want to resolve the need of God’s need, or to create the beginning of time. The universe is the result of collision, because time wasn’t able to begin.

“An examined life is not worth living.”

“The noblest of all studies is the study of what man/women is, and of what life they’ve lived.”

“The energy of the mind is the essence of life itself.”

Insight please regarding those un-examined quotes. :smiley:

They need not be examined. They’re the most basic of quotes about life and it’s essence from the top tier philosophers, Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.

Did you intentionally put your own spin on them or was there error there?

Blindly following the authorities, huh? That is the last thing a true philosopher should do. Philosophy is all about examination–even when at face value the idioms in question seem self-evident.

For example:

“The noblest of all studies is the study of what man/women is, and of what life they’ve lived.”

Are we so sure? Many would argue that the noblest of all studies is what we should do, not what we are.

And who says the unexamined life is not worth living? Can’t one live a full and rich life without examining it?

And what do you think a materialist would say about the energy of the mind being the essence of life itself?

Not entirely, the messages have trailed from past experiences. And to say those philosophers are authoritarian …uuumm… no. They were teachers, possibly better educators than those of our modern day.

So who’s (“the many”) lol. Please read the whole entire quote of mines. "Of what men/women IS

Indeed one can live a life to the fullest with out investigation into deeper metaphysics of one’s being. Yet this is only a metaphor I’m sure of it, I can’t for a minute believe it’s a dictum, come on. it appropriates that a life not researched is just that a life unknown and totally void of investigation, not to be worth living…

I can’t think for a materialist, yet I’d say to one… Just know what the mind holds, it’s possibly the most dangerous weapon ever made. It’s pure energy and functionality is more valuable than that of what materialistic people think is more important. knowledge is the basis for all arrangements…