What Of Your Essence?

Maybe I have a greater sense of generosity than you at this present moment in time or maybe you feel that your generosity is lacking at this present moment in time.

hi

The persistent thing is the observer me, whereas all other ‘me’s’ are not persistent.

I sometimes wonder if you know more about a person in the first moment, than in any amount of time other than that. Except when we are in the other worlds, as that is also an eternal. One eternal is in the moment, the other in the never-ending infinite. Its not true of course, we do learn other things as we go, its just maybe the more indefinable ‘essence’ or spirit, is revealed mostly in the not knowing. The extreme other end is where we don’t know someone at all, and suddenly have the realisation that its a different person – so to speak. I guess that if it were magnets, then some have a greater pull than others? In my experience people who have met the right person [or near enough lol], don’t find them to be someone else, so somehow the magic is in the pull, and so to its integrity! You know like how one knows something like that about people, but no one can ever say what they mean by that.

Amor,

An observer is a generic position; what of Amor’s position?

focus is that, but the thing making utility of it and other aspects of mind and the instruments thereof, is that which observes. I mean in the primary sense. to notice anything - which we do prior to focussing, something has to be the thing looking. this is true even its gaze is being draw by causal occurrences, as if by magnets, such to make us think relevant thoughts as per worldly situation. all things mental begin with an act of observing, even feelings n stuff.

that ‘observer’ is the fundament of ‘the experiencer’, where that is a conflation. but we cannot look to any aspect of it to find it e.g. the focus or observational perspective, that’s just what focus and what have you are - observational perspective. so its a bit like divinity [ no surprises there then], where it is akin to an orb which has more than one centre and that can be changed endlessly, ergo we cannot name it by any of its aspects.

#-o Someday my answer will come. [-o<

To what?

Answers always come after we stop asking questions.

Amor,

You, Sir, are a tough nut to crack! Can’t help but razz you a bit elsewhere. :evilfun:

What is supposedly ‘essence’ is ‘form’ to another essence at a different level which in turn is ‘form’ to another essence and all the way down to some turtle back and infinite regression.

For example the external human body organs are the forms while its essence are the cells.
Whilst cells are essence to organs as forms, cells are forms of the essence of the individual human DNA.
The individual DNA is form to the essence of human species.
The human species is merely a universal that do not exists in reality.
Here we end up with the till the cows come home ‘Problem of Universal,’
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_(metaphysics#Problem_of_universals

On the mental side the human essence is drilled down to human consciousness which is another till the cows come home issue.

So what we have is, what is the human’s essence, is always relative and conditional to a perspective, e.g. human_ness in terms of DNA or thoughts in terms of consciousness.

Thus as long as the human essence is qualified to some condition or perspective, there are no issues. This is the empirical self, the “I think” that is conditioned up living humans and terminate upon mortality.

Often the main contention is the claim of an absolute human essence [the constant permanent soul] that do not die after physical death but continue to live eternally in some heaven or location.
It is impossible for a permanent essence or soul [the “I AM”] that survives after physical death.

Prism,

I disagree. Soul’s exist and are eternal, hence my reason for the question of essence. But out of desperation, I was willing to settle for any unchanging id of an individual, however presented.

As a positive claimant, you’ll have to prove there is a permanent soul that can exists after physical death.

I’m no scientist, just blessed with such knowledge through experiences. I can share my knowledge but not the actual experiences wherein the evidence lies. You would have to embark on an astral journey yourself to gather your proof. I can offer suggestions in the astral dept. for effective travel but the onus lies on you if it compels you to knowing.

Uh hum, Mongoose you owe me an apology for accusing me of derailing your thread as this was your hidden agenda that I was suggesting (which you now fully admit).

Everyone here, well most everyone, knows that I believe in an eternal soul which in this thread I equate with my unchanging essence, however it is up to you to recognize what remains constantly you. I’m not asking you to acknowledge your soul, just yourself. And damn, you’ve fought me tooth and nail with your paranoia so no apology for you, better luck next time. :mrgreen:

Mongoose, thank you, I will take this as an apology as a don’t expect a proud person to be any more generous in spirit than this.

Hey, stop adoring me right now! :smiley:

Believe it or not, I actually do.

:-"

Fortunately, I don’t have emojis enabled but if I did I would have one of two people hugging.

it’s where your breathe derived from