What's for dinner?

He divorced my mother, and went through a major personality change. I trust him completely with my nephew now. It is possible to change as a person.

My acceptance is categorical by what I know, but not my dislike. That is olfactory and visual. I think I’m unconsciously looking for hues or smells that trigger danger. Something I had to learn to do.

In your case, your just OCD, which matches up with your an all retentive attributes. Carleas like these traits in a moderator.

I’m OCD myself, but it is kept at bay with my Apraxia. Results in my problem solving fixation. But the OCD traits are always present. I’m just able to see the data sets tend to be silly to begin with, and have a wider skill set for getting around it as a result.

Imagine a 18th or 19th century army, consciously insistingbon behaving OCD… bulk of the men aren’t, but it is a institutional behavior that all decided works best for success.

What is discipline? Standing and marching stiff, stone faced. Absolutely can’t tolerate anything else. Absolute paranoid hysteria runs over everyone in keeping styles fitting to the abstracted category of discipline.

Army goes to war, wins a victory… wins another victory, more and more. Surely, discipline works.

Then the army gets it’s ass handed to it buy guys who say fuck that discipline shit… that isn’t actually discipline.

A period of shock occurs, discipline holds. Uncertainty arises, scapegoating other aspects occur.

They win victories again… orthodox discipline is not at fault, see!

Then they get their asses handed to them again, and their stereotype of discipline is up most mocked and targeted, and this time completely exploited.

Army is in disarray. That can’t possibly mean walking around like a stiff body fool with tall hats and ornamental facial hair does nothing to insure a army’s victory, can it?

A period of confusion and competing schools of thought emerge.

That confusion is a kind of apraxia… you are told to do something but don’t understand it, come up with the wrong response. A Hugh communicative breakdown, left doesn’t know what the right is doing. OCD aspects, out repetitive categorical fixations, start to be seen as absurd.

Your always gonna give preference, but the ability to diagnose a etiology beyond our fixations isn’t always obvious. The choice to do otherwise just isn’t there… yet.

It shouldn’t take a disaster for someone to change, to start to grow outward. Far too often, it is just that. Someone absolutely sure of their identity as their behavior, that their ways and means are right and always correct, is playing a very risky game, and their ego will snap once it runs into difficulties. They often fail to see the reasons they played so well or avoided disasters are attributed to other behaviors they can’t see in full.

Far from it… certain foods, textures and combinations would simply make me gag/feel nauseous, so a physical rather than mental situation, that my mother had to deal with come dinner time.

…glad to have some use then :wink:

Dinner was absolutely delicious, but got bored with it and only ending up eating 2/3rds of it

It was pheasant, I believe, but I will have to refer to the wrapping to confirm that.

My dinner. Since it is morning, decided to eat something “breakfast” to appease Magsj.

Blimey! :open_mouth:

What’s in the bun… and I don’t mean the cheese :slight_smile: Is that a really big slice of lemon in the forefront there? mutant lemon or what.

We call that a pickle, not a lemon. It is like a cucumber, but votes progressive.

And the cheese is called “American cheese”, just sliced cheese, like a mild Cheddar.

Actually, the village of Cheddar in the UK is an American colony, they came from here. You can go there, and get some.

I’m used to seeing pickles whole TF… I did think my what a huge lemon slice you got there, so that explains the anomaly.

This! earlier…

A surf n turf burger i.e. a burger topped with crab meat, as opposed to truffle, cheese, or lobster. It could not have been more delicious :stuck_out_tongue:

Shit, I gotta go eat something for dinner now. It is 11 already, got lost on a problem.

Fuck… guess just get some junk food from Subway, closest restaurant to my house, they got Tuna and Spinach Salads… Not very good for you, but I don’t want to walk all the way to KFC in this heat.

Subway, or the tuna/spinach salad ain’t good for you? Please clarify to clear up my confusion, or I won’t be able to sleep peacefully come night time :stuck_out_tongue:

I do believe that Subway USA was banned from using tire rubber to expand the baguettes, as opposed to the more expensive old fashioned option of more dough.

Don’t eat the baguettes :-$

…just don’t eat at Subway full stop! :laughing:

Doesn’t matter, they are having a special on the meatball sub.

The one main thing about Canada that bothers me is that they have no gas stoves. Only those fucking electrical shits. I cant cook on that, I need fire.
Unless I work some propane shit clandestinely which is still not ideal, this isnt going to be a love affair between me and my dinner.
I havent even once made myself a steak dinner. In Amsterdam that was at least once a week. I’d fry it in a lot of butter and drown mushrooms and onions in the fat for ten minutes… sometimes I’d cut the steak in half and put it on a half stokbrood, sometimes eat it with vegetables, sometimes even potatoes although they depress the shit out of me. Dealing with raw potatoes is somehow the greyest experience, emotionally. It can be charming when an autumn drizzle has been going on for longer than you care to remember, but who needs that kind of charm.

Montreal has a small China Town, I remember it, on a hillside.

Ask for a Butane Stove. About $20 bucks, the cans of butane plug right in, are quite cheap.

Or… you can build a Alcohol Burner Stove. All you need is a soda can, and rubbing alcohol.

You can cook your food on top it.

Pour some rubbing alcohol in, light it, slap a stove on it.

If outdoors, in high winds, you can set the can in a larger coffee can, with a few breathing holes poked in it, to protect it in the wind. It will cook a steak in the winter of the Arctic. It is standard issue in the Swedish Military, they have a $30 Buck version sold online, but is simple enough to make, doesn’t have to be cat food, any can.

You own a vsn, so you can just have a grill in the back of your van, head up to the mountain, grill steaks.

Just like the Americas has more food than in Europe, cheaper, larger, more plentiful, we have rugged yet European origins, and figured out how to cook that shit to the standards of every European standards of nation cuisine using a variety of tools. Your just not aware of the alternatives, still thinking like a little Dutchboy. Take a look around in your sports section, say you wanna do so and so on a camping trip, minimalist… If he doesn’t have a product he can at least give you suggestions. Also hit military surplus and hunting stores, or look at magazines like The Back Woodsman

All the magazine does is run articles of last and present ideas of how to build things as a rustic, like turning a old propane tank into a wood burning stove, or how to construct rapid fire, double bowed pellet guns that takes rocks instead of arrows with similar range (like a machine gun in a rocky spot), jow to build cabins or emergency shelter, knives and guns etc.

That is part of living in North America. Look at Me and Joker. We are survivalists, but we never suffer “that bad” because we know what needs to be done. It is a impirtant skill to understand in the modern economy, cause you can switch from wealth to wretched overnight. Kids need to be taught this stuff as much as calculas and art, cause eventually your descendents sonewhere down the generational line will run into trouble, and Great Grandpappy teaching Grandma to teach your dad then you how to survive cones into great use when your evicted, tossed out and bancrupt, unemployable for reason X. Guves them the abikity to surbive with dignity, figure out a comeback in life.

It is the new world, not the netherlands.

Oh, in case you don’t know what rubbing alcohol is cause the Netherlands is so fucking backwards:

Most grocery and drug stores sell it, quite cheap.

Oh… butane stoves in Chinatown look like this, doesn’t work in extreme cold, but the alcohol will.

This is advertised online for $10, but in Chinatown, will cost closer to $20, but you should get it in Chinatown cause your merchant will sell you properly sized cans. Designed for indoor use, though I recommend popping a window open anytime your burning something. Use reasonable fire precautions.

Here is Chinatown in case you never walked pass it:

It is between the strip clubs and the Centaur Theater, on a hillside.

Elbow macaroni tossed in homemade Alfredo with fresh chicken/onions/tomatoes.

I vomit every time I gotta make Alfredo Sauce. Had a girlfriend, that was the first food she made me, Alfredo with Shrimp. I was having the hardest time trying to smile and explain why I was taking forever eating it and going to the bathroom so often. I fucking hate shrimp, it’s a fucking insect from the sea, and I had to keep a cheerful face while it was crunching with white too that makes me vomit all over the place is dripping off it. Keep that thrilled, happy look in the eyes… crunch, crunch, crunch… excuse me for a moment… Blahhhhhhhhhh

I had a napkin full of that shit hidden in my pocket, then she wanted to have me sit in a single seated while she sat on top of me making out, with that shit still in my pocket. Some excitement there! Try that juggling act in maneuvering a woman who naturally wants to put her thighs down over your pockets. It just… fuck. Honestly, I don’t know how I made it.

Crunchy shrimp? :laughing:

Paleo bolognese.

Very nice Turd. But its still no bas srove with 4 fires that allows for real cooking as Europeans do it… service is great here but dinners … quality wise you want to be in Italy.

My survuval skills are notably better than my socializing skills. I cant hunt and fish and make fire in wet environment, I can build with difficult materials. What I cant do is fix electronics or engines. That last thing I really need to fix at one point.

Can you post a picture then of this stupid stovetop you keep speaking of? One that American Grills can’t match, cause I think your talking bullshit, a flame is a flame. Dutch don’t have a special kind of fire that only they know about.